PDA

View Full Version : Empower Spell Extension?

Talen
August 29th, 2022, 14:00
Is there an extension to simplify a player's ability to empower a spell and track it.

I can modify the damage or create an empowered spell entry at the higher level for the player- but that's additional work for me as the dm and was hoping there was an easy fix extension to handle it for me. I thought I saw something that fit the bill at one time, but no such luck finding at the moment.

Griogre
August 29th, 2022, 16:23
You should mention the ruleset you are talking about. This sounds like D&D 3.x or Pathfinder? Asking in the subforum for that ruleset would get responses from people more familiar with extensions for that ruleset.

Talen
August 29th, 2022, 16:30
I posted in the 5e forum for that reason, but you're right - better to include it and remove all doubt. :) it's for d&d 5e.

LordEntrails
August 29th, 2022, 16:31
You should mention the ruleset you are talking about. This sounds like D&D 3.x or Pathfinder? Asking in the subforum for that ruleset would get responses from people more familiar with extensions for that ruleset.
Well since it's posted in the 5E sub-forums... :)
(Don't worry, I've done that more than once myself.)

I don't know if their is an extension or not. I would assume so, but not one I use. Check the DMsG as well as the Forge.

Talen
August 29th, 2022, 16:39
Hope that didnt sound snarky...wasn't meant to be...it was a valid point. I did see a DMsG extension, but also some comments in the forums that it might have been broken with recent updates....one of the reasons I prefer going the forge route if possible for the auto updates.

Zacchaeus
August 29th, 2022, 17:11
The easiest way to empower a spell is for the player to click on the damage entry and hold; move the mouse and the dice will pop up on the pointer. Right click to add more dice and then drop that onto the target on the CT or on the target token on the map. So if you are casting a first level spell that does 2d6 damage at level 4 then left click and hold until the 2d6 pops up on the mouse pointer. Right click three times to add another 3d6 and then drop the whole lot on the target. No need for any additional DM work (apart from anything else the players can add things into their own character sheet anyway), and no need for extensions.

Griogre
August 29th, 2022, 17:18
Hope that didnt sound snarky...wasn't meant to be...it was a valid point. I did see a DMsG extension, but also some comments in the forums that it might have been broken with recent updates....one of the reasons I prefer going the forge route if possible for the auto updates.

Nah that was my bad... :( I was just looking at new posts and missed it was in the sub forum

Talen
August 29th, 2022, 17:40
The easiest way to empower a spell is for the player to click on the damage entry and hold; move the mouse and the dice will pop up on the pointer. ....

Yep, familiar with that as well- the issue I have in this specific case is the player is playing from a laptop only and has issues with simultaneous left and right mouse clicks....admittedly, this is a very limited specific issue that I was hoping to throw an extension at to fix.

xelab
December 17th, 2022, 22:12
Check out Combat Automation Extension (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/347021/Fantasy-Grounds-Combat-Automation), it does that (and much more). Full disclosure I am the author :)

Bonkon
December 17th, 2022, 22:37
Good Day All :)
Is this about casting a spell at a higher level or the Sorcerer ability to "Empower Spell" and reroll damage dice and replace them? :)