PDA

View Full Version : LFP Reckless’s Saturday Night EST PF2E Strength of Thousands Adventure Path

DMReckless
August 26th, 2022, 04:30
LFP Reckless’s Saturday Night EST PF2E Strength of Thousands Adventure Path

Recruitment Closed, Team Full

Pathfinder Strength of Thousands Adventure Path | Paizo
https://paizo.com/store/pathfinder/adventures/adventurePath/strengthOfThousands

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, no player licenses required
Game System: Pathfinder 2E

Time Zone: Eastern (Daylight) GMT -4
Day of week and time: Saturday Evening 8 PM EST
If new game, planned start date: September 10, 2022
Planned Duration & Frequency: 2 ½-3 Hour Weekly session
Term: Long-Term

Text or Voice: Voice with some text
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40ish Player-Driven Roleplay strongly desired
Number of Players in game & needed: 5, team full
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level (see House Rules below)
Character restrictions: LAWFUL GOOD or NEUTRAL GOOD only; this campaign focuses on the heroic journey. All PCs will be Dual-Classed with one class having to be either Druid or Wizard. Uncommon or Rare Ancestries and Backgrounds by GM approval only, with more leniency for Mwangi-based ones.
Optional GMG Rules being used Dual-class. Each PC will be dual-classed, with one class required to be either Wizard or Druid. Ancestry Paragon will be used.
House Rules
(1) Super Hero Points: Hero Points can be spent after you know the result but before rolling any effect dice. When a Hero Point allows a re-roll, any roll on the die less than 10 adds 10 to the die, so you get a result of 10-20 plus your modifier.
(2) Hourly Hero Points. Every character begins play with 1 or 2 Hero Points (see below) at the start of the game and gain 1 more Hero Point on each hour (9PM and 10PM), to a maximum of 3.
(3) Bonus Hero Points. Players arriving on time and ready to play as scheduled start the game with an additional Hero Point. GM will hand out Hero Points for particularly heroic or memorable actions, good note-taking, and other active involvement acts as well.
(4) Shared Hero Points. Players may spend their Hero Points to allow another PC to reroll, however, this acts like standard Hero Points and the Super Hero Point rule does not apply.
(5) Characters begin play with standard equipment plus one heirloom item. This item may be any common item with a cost of 5 gp or less. The item should be at least lightly detailed in the character’s background story and will increase in importance throughout the campaign with player input.

Details of your scenario:
The Strength of Thousands takes place as the characters enter the prestigious Magaambya Academy, one of the most famous magical colleges on Golarion. The PCs will go from students to exemplars to teachers and eventually become heroes in the vein of the original Ten Magic Warriors.

As part of this, there will be some academic subrules from the campaign as well as college-based hijinks, but the PCs should be able to fit somewhere in the heroic spectrum of LG to NG, a fairly narrow band of behaviors befitting heroes—not that you can’t have faults, quirks, or difficult moral quandaries, but the pcs should be have heroes in their hearts, a sense of duty to the school and their fellow sentient beings. The rebel with a cause and edgelord PCs can get pretty old in longer campaigns, and I’m not really looking for that here.

The campaign’s structure is meant to take place over years, so their will definitely be room for downtime. The major change from the Player’s Guide is the use of Dual Classing in place of the Free Archetype.

About the GM:
I’ve been running games since the late 70’s and have been with Pathfinder since it’s first Alpha playtest back in the 3.5 days after the end of Dragon and Dungeon magazines. I’ve been running games on Fantasy Grounds for about 8 years. I taught my daughter and her friends Pathfinder when they were in high school, and have also taught the system to new players at Gen Con and on Fantasy Grounds, so I’m not at all adverse to having new players in my games as long as they can act with basic social responsibility to attend, pay attention, and actively learn with us.

As a GM, I value players who like to role-play their characters, develop their personalities as we play, mesh as a team, and practice good fellow-player respect. This includes not interrupting or talking over other players, letting them decide their own actions (discussions in character are welcome of course, as is advice WHEN ASKED FOR), showing up on time, paying attention to what’s happening in game, being ready when your turn comes, and actively participating in role-playing scenes to your comfort level. Players with topical concerns should do their best to make them known to me as GM.

Isms and exclusive behavior is not welcome in my games, everybody should feel safe and welcome. I do tend towards “adult” humor, but it is never my wish to step over anybody’s line, so I encourage people to let me know if I ever overstep and will do my utmost to correct any behavior in play (be it mine or anyone else’s) to keep respectful of my players. I’m still a work in progress.

Recruitment Closed, Team Full

gotmilk098123
August 28th, 2022, 06:54
Hi Reckless,

I would love to join up for this campaign. I've been playing pathfinder 2e for only about three months now, but that being said I have a fair bit of DnD 5e experience as a DM for the past two years. I'd love to see an experience DM in action, both for the fun of the game and to grow my own skills as a DM for my group of friends.

Time: The time you set out works perfectly for me, its about 5pm my time which will give me plenty of time even if the game runs way over the expected two to three hours. Start date also works just fine for me.
Text or Voice: I have a nice mic so no issue there.
Roleplay & Combat: I'm very fond of player driven RP. I tend to be the type of player that writes a pretty lengthy backstory with plot hooks in place. Mostly for my own use but in this context it seems like it would come in handy.
Rules: I've never played a dual-classed character before but I have theory crafted a number of them. I'd probably go wizard dual classed into magus or fighter. Open to a different class makeup based on the party's current makeup to make sure the party flows well together. Also love the house rules outlined.
My Preferred Play Style: Generally speaking I'm more into roleplaying than I am combat. I like using voices and getting deep into my character, not big on meta gaming in terms of out of character strategizing, at least when it involves info my character wouldn't know. That being said, I'm pretty big on learning how classes work and attempting unique builds (I've always wanted to make a super grappler/trip build but never gotten around to playing one) so combat is still a piece of the game I thoroughly enjoy. Very interested to see how the balance of a Dual-class focused campaign plays out, it sounds like a ton of fun having so many options.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: I've never used Fantasy Grounds before, however, I am a software engineer by trade and have used a good number of other VTT systems in the past. It shouldn't be much of an issue and I have no problem spending time to get to know the system on my own prior to campaign start.

I'm very open to jumping into a discord call if you want to hash out any details or have any questions for me. (Also apologies if this is not the correct way to post a reply to a post like this, I'm new to the forum. Hope it went over the important stuff though)

Thanks for reading,
Connor

DMReckless
August 28th, 2022, 13:36
I've sent you a PM.