PDA

View Full Version : make dice rolls show result as default ?

Thurlin
November 11th, 2007, 20:13
Im sure i once saw a post about someone scripting a change so that you got the result of a throw added up without having to select it in chat...

Anyone know how to do this?

Bascily i want to spare my lazy brain the hassle of doing basic math or having to actually right click on a die result and ask it to show the result... it should do it alway... anyone got a script that fix that together with where to put it?

Griogre
November 12th, 2007, 22:08
I don't have a script, but the easiest way to do this is to start dragging the result bubble out on to the wooden FG desktop. When you do this the total will show up under the cursor and you can just drop it on the wood to get rid of it once you have seen it. It is very fast to do.

Astinus
November 13th, 2007, 16:19
Or you could reveal all die rolls "/die reveal" and then have your players drag the amount onto their character sheets. That would work for damage at least.

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2007, 16:54
At the end of this thread, I posted some code snippets that I used to automatically show roll totals in brackets.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7425&page=2

Cheers,
JPG

Thurlin
November 14th, 2007, 11:11
Cheers that worked moon_wizard

Just had to make sure I placed the
"total = total + draginfo.getNumberData();" line so that you also included the modifier numbers then it worked as a charm.

Toadwart
November 24th, 2007, 04:35
So is there no way to activate, or intercept, the "=" (Diaplay sum) menu item through code?

Are chatwindow entries at all accessible via code. e.g. can we add our own radial menu items to a dice result in the chatwindow?

:confused:

Hamish
November 24th, 2007, 08:39
I tried the exact same thing Toadwart, and came to the conclusion that once it's up in the chat box, it's out of your hands. You can't do anything with it anymore..... well, besides the built in functions of course.

joshuha
November 24th, 2007, 15:09
Yeah I did not see a way to access any of the functions on the numbers in the chatbox. What I did in the Savage Worlds ruleset is just put the total as part of the message on each roll. Takes a bit of work but it is doable.

Toadwart
November 25th, 2007, 01:06
Certainly looks that way. Ah well, maybe in the next version...