PDA

View Full Version : Importing/Updating PBH Races to MoTM Rules - Updated Ability Score Increase

DatCheezeGuy
August 21st, 2022, 18:21
So I've Purchased The PHB, DMG, and MM for FGU but decided I would rather take the time importing all of my other source books into the game. I'm having issues with wanting to update Ability Score increases. So they have the choice of ne ability score of your choice increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1. Alternatively increase three different ability scores by 1. I've spent a decent amount of time importing random races from a bunch of different sources. So I believe I have a good idea on how to handle homebrew/importing, but I cant find a way to update any of the PBH races so that they have the MoTM racial increases. I've tried creating a dragonborn races and just adding the rule into the traits section. Has anyone found a way to update these rules without having to basically import the PBH and waste my money.

I know I can just edit things in the Character Sheet but the whole point of this is so I can have the most automated experience in FGU. I'd also like updated rules for everything as I am about to start a campaign with a bunch of new players. I don't want to confuse them

Zacchaeus
August 21st, 2022, 18:34
Welcome to FG.

So FGU will handle the new wording. You'll need to copy any races in the PHB and edit the copies (you'll probably need to change the names or make sure that the PHB isn't being used so that you only get the copies as choices). The wording needs to be "One ability score of your choice increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1. Alternatively increase three different ability scores by 1."

DatCheezeGuy
August 21st, 2022, 18:48
I see that's very disappointing. Thank you for the help though. Seems I will be needing to invest my time in a refund for a few books

Zacchaeus
August 21st, 2022, 18:57
Not sure what you mean. All you need to do is copy the race inside FGU (open races; drag and drop the race back into the races list to make a copy). Then open the 'other' tab in the race and then click on the Ability Score Increase link and then edit the wording from what it is to the wording I gave you above

DatCheezeGuy
August 21st, 2022, 19:04
Oh I see what you mean now my apologize I misunderstood your last message. I thought you meant I would have to manually copy the races. I completely forgot about the drag and drop option. I really appreciate the clarification. I defiantly jumped the gun on that one sorry about that. Thank you though this will help me a ton!