PDA

View Full Version : Trained Skills

IamGrays
November 10th, 2007, 11:08
I added the modification provided by joshuha to allow double clicking on skills and abilities (great mod, by the way, very useful) and then decided to have a go myself.

I noticed that the skills page of character sheet doesn't reflect which skills can be use untrained and it would be easy for a player to 'accidently' use a skill that requires training without any ranks in it.

I've made the changes to do this and modified joshuha's code so that you can't double click a skill that you need to be trained for and have no ranks in and the total for these skills will also appear blank. So far so good.

I also wanted a widget to appear next the skills requiring training. Now to the problem. I wrote the code for the widget and if I use an existing icon it works fine. If copy and modifiy one or create my own nothing appears.

Any ideas?

Here is a picture of the skills page working with an existing icon file.

Hamish
November 10th, 2007, 17:47
If you want to use your own icons, make sure to add the icon definition to the graphics.xml file.

IamGrays
November 10th, 2007, 19:41
Thanks Hamish you were spot on. Hadn't even looked in that file....

Hamish
November 11th, 2007, 07:23
You're welcome. The default d20 ruleset can be very confusing.......

Valarian
November 15th, 2007, 16:49
Could you post the code changes to Joshuha's code to stop the double-clicking for the trained skills and for displaying the icons?

IamGrays
June 30th, 2008, 17:46
Sorry Valarian I have only just seen your post. I'll need to look back at what I did to make this work but I'll try and post it up if you're still interested?

Belizan
July 9th, 2008, 20:38
Always nice to see new improvements and how folks went about doing them. Post it up, IamGrays 8).

Bidmaron
September 23rd, 2008, 00:31
Any luck finding the code there, IamGrays?