PDA

View Full Version : Curious problem with doors on a particular map

Weepdrag
August 21st, 2022, 04:28
Hello,
I setup a map with LOS and it appears to work fine EXCEPT the characters can't cross the threshold of the doors.
I did the following to try and correct the problem:
1. Tried opening the door from GM side. Door opens no problem. Player character can't cross doorway.
2. Tried opening the door from PLAYER side. Door opens no problem. Player character can't cross doorway.
3. Deleted the door entirely. Player character can't cross doorway.
4. Removed the entire occluder and rebuilt the wall with door. Player character can't cross doorway.
5. Widened the door to 15'. Player character can't cross doorway.
6. Tried a different map entirely, setup occluders with a door and it works fine.

Essentially the door acts like a window. The LOS opens up/lights up normally. But characters cannot pass.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2022, 07:05
We'd have to see the campaign zipped up to get any idea of what is happening; and why there might be an issue or something specific to the LoS setup.

Regards,
JPG

Weepdrag
August 21st, 2022, 15:39
Thanks Moon Wizard,
I'm going to take some time and play with it today. I was hoping that someone might have come across this before and had a quick fix. If all else fails, I'll zip and send.

Zacchaeus
August 21st, 2022, 16:19
One possibility is that somehow a patch of masking has been added to the map in the vicinity of the door. Masked areas block player movement.

LordEntrails
August 21st, 2022, 16:27
Also, make sure your doors are closed polygons, not single lines (not sure you can even make those anymore). Also check that you don't have a wall or other LOS entity underneath the door segments.

Weepdrag
August 21st, 2022, 17:09
Found the problem. I created a door/wall in a different layer, so there was an overlap. Opening one door evidently didn't open the other. I need to quit trying to problem solve on 2 hours of sleep :)
Thanks again for the replies