PDA

View Full Version : LFP (3-4 Players) - PF2e, Blood Lords, Thursdays at 7:00PM EST

BattleTree
August 21st, 2022, 01:35
FG License: I have FGU Ultimate
Game System: Pathfinder 2e

Time Zone: EST (GMT-4:00)
Day of week and time: Thursday 7:00pm
If new game, planned start date: 9/8/2022
Planned Duration & Frequency: Approximately 4-hour sessions weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Probably 50/50 there is a pretty even mix of combat and RP opportunity throughout the AP. Things will vary by session of course.
Number of Players in game & needed:4-5 need 3-4
Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 with standard starting gear we can go over anything special in session 0.
Character restrictions: Any official Paizo published material for PF2e is OK. Undead ancestries and archetypes are good to go other rare ancestries will be considered but we would need to have a quick discussion. Overall, I’m pretty flexible. Your character will most likely be from Geb or the mana wastes other areas are OK just need to make sure you have a good reason for being in Geb. Positive energy is outlawed in Geb so alternative healing methods outside of the heal spell will need to be considered for living members of the party otherwise you may risk the punishments of the local blood lords/authorities.
Details of your scenario:
With the nation of Geb preparing for war on the rumors of Nex’s return. The nations governing body, the 60 Blood Lords, have started prepping and setting the machines of war in motion. This process is long and full of the schemes and machinations of those looking to secure a higher position within the great factions of Geb… the perfect environment for a few ambitious up and coming adventures to ensure their seat among the 60 potentially even at the hand of the ghost king himself.

The undead nation of Geb gains most of its international trade from the export of food grown on zombie-worked farms, but lately one farm has been the site of a series of strange occurrences. Dispatched to investigate the problem, you discover a grave threat to Geb’s minority living population, bringing them to the attention of the insidious Blood Lords who rule the land in the name of their undead wizard-king. Defeating the wicked forces behind the plot is the first step on a long road to gaining influence and power in Geb, but if the investigators can’t solve the problem to the Blood Lords’ satisfaction, their first step may be their last!

Hello everyone! I am looking for a group of players to run through the new PF2e adventure path Blood Lords. I have been running PF2e games for a little over two years now and have been playing TTRPGs for over six years. Below are a few bullets detailing things I expect from players and what you all can expect from me.

1. Be kind and respectful to your fellow players. The characters of our adventures may find themselves at odds, the players need not.
2. Know your character. This means that players should have a good idea of their abilities and choices during combat, as well as their significant behavioral traits and background characteristics that may become important during role play.
3. Make an effort to be on time. I am a flexible guy, if there are conflicts and players reach out to me beforehand, I will be accommodating. Life can sometimes be messy, our hobbies shouldn't have to be. That said, if the listed date and time is not something you believe can be made to work then it would be wise to look elsewhere for a game.
4. Have fun, and more importantly, contribute to the rest of the group’s fun. If everyone is working together to make the adventure enjoyable and immersive, we will certainly have a wonderful time.
5. This is a campaign where Evil aligned characters are permitted as long as they are not chaotic evil and are working towards the goal of the party. Remember though that this is a team game and I reserve the right to veto anything that is ruining another player’s time at the table. (Reference the blood lords players guide available on the Paizo
website for more information on how an evil aligned character fit in with this campaign)
6. We will have a session 0 for the first session so everyone can meet each other and build our characters in FG.
7. No experience is necessary with PF2e I don’t have a problem helping anyone learn the system. I’m still learning all the ins and outs myself! Especially with all the new content being released
8. I will always try my best to be a fair GM to all my players and I definitely want you guys to succeed in your adventures. I do not support the adversarial GM – player relationship. Even though I play the “bad guys” I’m always on the player’s side.
9. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you have a problem with the game. Sometimes things don’t work out and that’s ok!

If you are interested in joining me on this adventure, please drop me a PM with a little bit about yourself and a quick character concept if you have one.
Thanks!

Kuragiman
August 21st, 2022, 04:44
As if the gods themselves have smiled down upon me. So the game I run on Thursdays just got moved to Monday's freeing up my Thursday nights. 7pm your time I believe is 5pm my time (CST -6) which is perfect. I am usually done with dinner just before 5. I am very new to PF2E. I just made the switch and dropped a wad of cash on the essentials bundle. I am busy converting my campaign world over to this game engine so I am learning as I create content but there is no better teacher then being put through the grinder.

So let me make sure I understand this because I have ZERO lore knowledge of Paizo's world. We are from the Kingdom of Geb which is an undead empire? Are our players required to be undead or does this kingdom of sentient undead allow regular folk to romp around their lands? You don't have to info dump now. Session zero would be a great time to deliver that dump in full to catch us up and put it fresh in the brain?

I have 35 years experience in roleplaying games of various types and genres. I very much like making characters that are detailed and have purpose. I don't play ROLLplaying games. Character sheets should not be a pile of numbers but represent a person that is belieable and has some level of depth to them and I will deliver that. I am here to BE my character for 4 hours and escape planet Earth during that time. So all that sounds good to you sign me up. Let me know! Look forward to hearing from you!

Vhok
August 21st, 2022, 19:56
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder2e/comments/ulje9g/healing_undead/
a good read for anyone running an AP that can have undead players in 2e.