PDA

View Full Version : Script execution error onToggle

Farnaby
August 20th, 2022, 15:26
Running PF2e getting an error toggling the effects on my PC in the combat tracker.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:106: attempt to call field 'onToggle' (a nil value)

Zacchaeus
August 20th, 2022, 15:40
Are you testing in a new campaign without extensions?

Farnaby
August 20th, 2022, 15:49
No, but it worked last time and there are no new extensions and no update was carried out since then.
New info: all players get this error but the GM doesn't

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2022, 16:51
If there were no updates then the behavior hasn't changed. So since you didn't used to have an error but now do, something has changed.
But regardless, if the error is in core PF2, it goes to a different developer than if it is an error in an extension. Since you know the steps needed to reproduce, you are in the best position to test and determine exactly where the code error is coming from. This is best done by trying to reproduce in with no extensions. Then turning them on until you find what is causing the error.

Farnaby
August 20th, 2022, 17:04
will do, I'll report back.

Farnaby
August 20th, 2022, 17:22
It happens with no extensions loaded.

LordEntrails
August 20th, 2022, 18:21
It happens with no extensions loaded.
Thanks for confirming that. :)

Trenloe
August 21st, 2022, 00:11
Thanks for reporting. I'll investigate.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2022, 01:14
Can you provide a log dump from after you launch your session? (Type /console in chat entry box, and click Compile Logs)
Are you running any extensions?
Do you have any unpacked ruleset folders in your FG data folder rulesets subfolder?

I traced the chain of how this call can happen; and I'm not seeing how it could error unless you are running a different CoreRPG version or running an extension that is changing the templates/scripts.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2022, 01:20
Nevermind. I found the issue; and it's actually based in the CoreRPG layer.

I've just pushed a hot fix that should address this issue, which was occurring when toggling the effects on the player combat tracker.

Regards,
JPG

Farnaby
August 21st, 2022, 06:24
Great news, thanks.