PDA

View Full Version : Problem getting Savage World to work.

Herolover
November 9th, 2007, 16:48
Hello.
I bought FFG II and got the Savage World ruleset from RPG NOW. FFGII works fine with d20, but everytime I try to start Savage Worlds I get this error message:

rulesets/SavageWorlds\base.xml:
Error on line 2. Found "Invalid at the top level of the document. "Whle expecting""

Please help as I don't want to have wasted my money

Sigurd
November 9th, 2007, 17:34
The first thing to check would be the path to your "base.xml" file. Depending on your operating system it should be one of two places - check the text files that came with the ruleset.

I think what sometimes happens the final directories read

XXX\rulesets\<zip file name>\SavageWorlds

Where xxx is the directory structure for your OS and <zip file name> is the unnecesarry problem. The "SavageWorlds" directory should hold the "base.xml" directly under 'rulesets'.

Sigurd.

I just bought the SW ruleset and I'm very impressed.

Herolover
November 9th, 2007, 18:14
I think I have figured out part of my problem. I bought what I thought was FFG II, but was actually FFG I. The Savage World thing is only for FFGII.

Now, I went to the Download page and downloaded the FFGII installer. I installed it and it works fine, but it does not list the Savage Worlds ruleset

Sorontar
November 9th, 2007, 19:01
FG1 and FG2 are separate and you will need to take the SW info from your FG1 folder and place it in the correct FG2 folder.

Herolover
November 9th, 2007, 19:18
I finally got it all to go right and have it working now. I just got confused on a lot of different things. I appreciate your help.

Thore_Ironrock
November 9th, 2007, 23:55
Herolover,

In the future contact Digital Adventures support if you have issues with our products. We may not see your issue posted here in the forum. :)