PDA

View Full Version : Spelljammer and Vehicles

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2022, 08:33
Here's a short video introducing Spelljammer and how to use the new vehicles in 5e in Spelljammer, Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Descent into Avernus.

https://youtu.be/N7zQbxoj5sw

LordEntrails
August 16th, 2022, 15:52
Nicely done Mr. Z :)

Two comments:
1) I don't know if you intentionally decided on video resolution, but it's pretty low and therefore hard to see any of the details of the ships in the CT. Now, once I update it won't really matter because I can see for myself, but would have been a nicer experience to be able to read the details of the ships in the CT.
2) It's not clear from your video if PCs can target specific parts of a ship. You showed the DM doing so, but can the players?

Moon Wizard
August 16th, 2022, 16:00
Yes, the players can target specific components of the ship via drag and drop onto the player combat tracker. If identified, the vehicle will show a list of components that can be targeted along with health status.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
August 16th, 2022, 16:09
Nicely done Mr. Z :)

Two comments:
1) I don't know if you intentionally decided on video resolution, but it's pretty low and therefore hard to see any of the details of the ships in the CT. Now, once I update it won't really matter because I can see for myself, but would have been a nicer experience to be able to read the details of the ships in the CT.
2) It's not clear from your video if PCs can target specific parts of a ship. You showed the DM doing so, but can the players?

I suspect I uploaded it before it had done the HD bit so you probably saw it before that was complete.

Valyar
August 17th, 2022, 18:47
What is the quality of images in the Spelljammer modules?

Zacchaeus
August 17th, 2022, 21:57
What is the quality of images in the Spelljammer modules?

They're all .jpg files and within recommended levels. (That is 4kx4k max).

Valyar
August 18th, 2022, 05:53
They're all .jpg files and within recommended levels. (That is 4kx4k max).

Are they compressed or reduced, compared to the D&D Beyond sources? Are the one with transparency handled as .png?

Zacchaeus
August 18th, 2022, 09:07
I have no idea how they compare with D&D Beyond. As I say they are .jpg files exported from Photoshop at high or very high quality. There's no .png files except the decals.

squadgm
September 15th, 2022, 18:34
Will vehicles from the various 5e books updated to be included the new Vehicles tab (Seafaring ships, mounts, wagons, sleds, etc.)? Or is that tab strictly for vehicles with combat stats/actions?

Zacchaeus
September 15th, 2022, 21:20
All the vehicles have already been updated for Ghosts of Saltmarsh and Descent into Avernus. I also just update the Cultist airship in Storm King's Thunder. I have not been able to update those in the DMG as yet (although those are all very simple things with very little stats), but I will do when that becomes possible.