PDA

View Full Version : Character Sheet (Special Abilities Rolls)

edfig
November 3rd, 2007, 21:16
How do you add "Multipliers" without the dice potentially....

What I'm getting at is, maybe I can use this for modifiers provided by feats.... /shrugs.

Griogre
November 3rd, 2007, 21:25
Not sure what you really are asking. Try giving an example. There isn't anything in core D&D where a dice is actually multiplied. Because of that, there is not really any way of mulitpling dice in the d20 ruleset.

edfig
November 3rd, 2007, 21:36
Hmmm... I guess the word "multiplier" was not a good way to ask...

So let me give an example of what I'm looking for...

I noted in the SPELL tab you can't specifiy a DC for individual spells... or spells effected by Meta Magic (Heighten for example). These things can change the DC... I was thinking you can add these "+'s" using the special abilities feature....

Griogre
November 3rd, 2007, 23:48
Hmm, wouldn't it just be easier to place the Heightened spell in the right level? You could just right click in the fourth level spells and add a line and then type Hold Person and then type As normal but 4th level and then link to the Hold Person Spell.

The above works for the spell book/mini list, but I have to tell you when I run my casters I almost always hot key or use the weapon slots for spells (or more correctly create most of my spell hot keys from the weapon slots). In my Hot Keys I usually include any Meta Magic on the spell and DCs.

As an example I have an 8th level Wiz with arcanists gloves which add 2 to CL to first level spells 2 times a day. To make a hot key of this I would type in the weapon name Magic Missile - Arcanis Gloves then drop 5d4s in the weapon damage roll the damage mod up to 5. Then I would drag and drop the damage dice on a hot key. When I press the hot key I would get something in chat that says: Magic Missile -Arcanis Gloves damage then a pic of 5 d4s +5 and the total.

For something like your 4th level hold spell I would just type in Chat Heightend Spell Hold Person 4th Level DC 18 Will Neg and either drag and drop it to make a hot key of it or just press return.

Usually I try to include Spell DCs in my Hot Keys because you know the first thing the DM is gonna ask is what is the DC and Type if he doesn't know off hand.