PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Feature Idea

mcgarnagle
November 3rd, 2007, 14:03
Today, I was preparing my campaign in Fantasy Grounds for the next session. I decided to add all those involved in the next combat into the combat tracker because sometimes it can take a while to get everything set up. Then it dawned on me:

The next combat is not a complex one with multiple combatants in it. There is just the PC's and one bad guy, so this wouldn't require a lot of time to set it up. However, I know that there will be another combat shortly after this one, and it is quite possible that it will occur within the same session. Not only that, but this combat involves the PCs and 20+ NPCs. Since I have one combat before this big battle, I can't prep the big battle ahead of time. Instead, when the time comes, I'll need to take a bunch of time to try and get everything ready. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, big combats take me a long time to set up meaning it breaks the flow of the game and the PCs ussually have to wait a while before I'm all ready.

What my idea is, is to have an option to save a number of different Combat Tracker Configerations. This would enable you to prepare multiple combats ahead of time and thus, cutting in-game prep time down considerably.

Sorontar
November 3rd, 2007, 16:11
Today, I was preparing my campaign in Fantasy Grounds for the next session. I decided to add all those involved in the next combat into the combat tracker because sometimes it can take a while to get everything set up. Then it dawned on me:

The next combat is not a complex one with multiple combatants in it. There is just the PC's and one bad guy, so this wouldn't require a lot of time to set it up. However, I know that there will be another combat shortly after this one, and it is quite possible that it will occur within the same session. Not only that, but this combat involves the PCs and 20+ NPCs. Since I have one combat before this big battle, I can't prep the big battle ahead of time. Instead, when the time comes, I'll need to take a bunch of time to try and get everything ready. I don't know about the rest of you, but for me, big combats take me a long time to set up meaning it breaks the flow of the game and the PCs ussually have to wait a while before I'm all ready.

What my idea is, is to have an option to save a number of different Combat Tracker Configerations. This would enable you to prepare multiple combats ahead of time and thus, cutting in-game prep time down considerably.

While we are waiting for this to be added as a feature there is a community script for this by
rh4300 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7243)