PDA

View Full Version : 5e Attack problems

Stv
July 25th, 2022, 19:52
In a new campaign with no extensions loaded and 3 players connected the following occurs when attacks are made from one player to another.

The attack roll is made (dice roll as normal) the attack totalis displayed, but no [HIT] or [MISS} is registered in the chat. Unless the attack is a fumble or crit.

if a player owns 2 characters and one attacks the other, then the roll and chat message appear normal.

I've attached a smal screenshot of what is happening.

Could this be related to the recent onAttack changes?

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
July 25th, 2022, 20:52
Add a little more do this.

PC attacks PC doesn't show results, even if the setting
"Chat: Show results to client" is set to on, or friendly

If GM attacks from PC to PC it will show the results to the GM and the PCs.

Camberme
July 25th, 2022, 21:02
Can confirm, Steps to reproduce. Start Campaign as GM. Load 2nd instance of Fantasy grounds and join GM's game (or 2nd computer or what ever). From "Player instance" attempt to Attack another player character. FG doesn't display the result of the attack (hit or miss) to either the player instance or the GM instance. Followed all procedures of adding to combat tracker and what not. Doesn't matter if the Character on the combat tracker is "friendly/neutral/enemy".

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2022, 01:22
No, this appears to have been something has been happening for a long time, and may never have worked for that scenario.

I think that the hit/miss determination will have to be moved completely to the host, which requires refactoring a bunch of the attack logic, and it will impact any extensions that adjust attack logic.

So, I'm going to have to queue up fixing this one for a later cycle; and let the GM handle this scenario in the mean time.

Regards,
JPG

Stv
July 26th, 2022, 07:09
Thanks for the reply MW.
We had a 'Battle Royale' about a month ago and it was working fine then, so don't know what has changed between then and now.

Cheers Steve.

EllivasKram
July 28th, 2022, 21:48
I saw this too - But only with 'Miss FlavorText' extn loaded