PDA

View Full Version : 5e Undo Damage/Heal

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 19:16
I've just posted a new extension to the forge https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/719/view
This enables the DM to remove the last damage/heal done to a character.
It should also reinstate any removed effects due to death or concentration fails on the target character, and also reinstate effects that the character was concentrating on that are on other characters.
As ever, let me know if you find any issues.

(I *think* it should work with the extra hitpoints granted by Rhagelstrom's Arcane Ward extension also)

Cheers, Steve.

SirMotte
July 24th, 2022, 19:20
I've just posted a new extension to the forge https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/719/view
This enables the DM to remove the last damage/heal done to a character.
It should also reinstate any removed effects due to death or concentration fails.
As ever, let me know if you find any issues.

(I *think* it should work with the extra hitpoints granted by Rhagelstrom's Arcane Ward extension also)

Cheers, Steve.

Will give this a whirl in the coming days, fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing.

MrDDT
July 24th, 2022, 21:45
Testing it out now, this is pretty awesome so far, works with all my exts too.

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 22:03
Good to hear it's working so far.
Our group manages to misplace damage so often I *HAD* to write this extension :)

MrDDT
July 24th, 2022, 22:06
When you OK someone/something
It doesn't undo the effect applied of unconscious and prone.

This something you can fix up?

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 22:08
Was the unconcious and prone effect applied due to the last damage receieved ?

MrDDT
July 24th, 2022, 22:08
Yes

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 22:09
OK, I'll take a look , give me 5 minutes :)

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 22:20
OK, you're right (damn you :P ) I'll look into it tomorrow, hopefully it's something that's an easy fix.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
July 24th, 2022, 22:26
I have the fix worked out in my head (I think :D )
Deffo a tomorrow job though as it's time to sleep now.

Cheers, Steve.

jfg1984
July 25th, 2022, 15:39
Holy hell the extension I didn't realize I needed till I saw it and immediately knew I could never again live without. Thank you!

Stv
July 25th, 2022, 15:46
Updated version live on The Forge, to address the issue found by @MrDDT.

Hopefully no other issues :)

Cheers, Steve.

similarly
July 25th, 2022, 16:20
This is a very cool idea. I just had a situation in my last game where I needed this. Great work!

jaharmi
July 25th, 2022, 16:51
I have had this situation so many times. I'm glad there's an extension for it to try out.

I do wish it was built-in to FGU, though.

MrDDT
July 25th, 2022, 19:09
Updated version live on The Forge, to address the issue found by @MrDDT.

Hopefully no other issues :)

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks, tested this and it's working flawlessly.

I have 62 exts running also on my last test and no issues or conflicts.

jfg1984
July 26th, 2022, 05:04
Hi there, I've found a compatibility issue between this extension and the critically awesome essentials extension.

While in the combat tracker, I can no longer make use of the critically awesome essentials' "roll individual button" as seen here.

When I press the button, nothing happens. It's supposed to roll the individual init of the creature in the combat tracker that I right clicked on.

kevininrussia
July 26th, 2022, 06:22
I tested with 4e and is working (added 4e to the ruleset list in extension.xml).

Stv
July 26th, 2022, 07:13
Thanks for the heads up @ jfg1984. I'll see if there's anything I can do about that. Cheers, Steve.

Stv
July 26th, 2022, 08:15
New build posted, should work nicely with CAE now.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
July 26th, 2022, 08:23
I tested with 4e and is working (added 4e to the ruleset list in extension.xml).

I dont use 4e, so don't want to claim it works as I don't support that ruleset. Happy it works tho :P

Cheers, Steve.

jfg1984
July 26th, 2022, 14:21
New build posted, should work nicely with CAE now.

Cheers, Steve.

Amazing! I'll check it when I get home, thank you.

jfg1984
July 27th, 2022, 01:34
It works great with CAE now, thank you!

RedmondStache
July 28th, 2022, 23:33
I get an error when I try to delete an enemy from the combat tracker while this extension is active, even when it is the only active extension.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"|:79: attempt to call global 'getDatabaseNode' (a nil value)

Stv
July 29th, 2022, 07:59
Pushed a new build to The Forge, should all be workng now.
I love being an idiot and making work for myself :)

Cheers, Steve.

WinterSoldier7
August 11th, 2022, 10:45
Could be coincidence, or something else, but I just installed this extension and loaded FGU to find that all of the Effects I had set for my party on the Combat Tracker are gone. I had a lot, because I half-used it as a reminder of their abilities and status in-game.

Anyone else noticed this?

Also, didn't want to jump on here and only share potential bad news - thanks Stv for this and for giving your free time to share and improve it - much appreciated!

Stv
August 11th, 2022, 17:47
Wow, that's nasty.
My extension won't (shouldn't) do anything like that.
I've just created a new camapign with a few characters on the Combat Tracker without the ext loaded and popped some random effects on them. Reloaded with my ext active and the effects are still there.
I'm hoping it's an (un)happy coincidence with what you've just experienced :(
Hopefully you can rollback your camapaign so as not to lose all the effects on your players ?

Sorry I can;t be more help atm.

Cheers, Steve.

WinterSoldier7
August 11th, 2022, 18:00
Thanks for looking into it, Steve - but don't worry about it if you couldn't replicate it. It could easily have been another extension, or even my own error. Only took me about 30mins to rectify and now I'm back up-and-running again!

Stv
August 11th, 2022, 18:25
Glad to hear you're back up to speed :P

But please let me know if you find any issues. Some, if not most errors and conflicts get missed until things are used by multiple people.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
September 18th, 2022, 12:29
New build on The Forge, addressing an error regarding concentration & effects.

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
September 18th, 2022, 15:30
Thank you, this thing should be put into FGU by Smiteworks, this is a life saver!

jfg1984
September 21st, 2022, 02:00
Totally,

This thing is an ABSOLUTE MUST HAVE.

Shoestring
October 24th, 2022, 19:22
I keep getting Nothing to Undo on [player] i have version 1.1

Stv
October 24th, 2022, 20:10
I keep getting Nothing to Undo on [player] i have version 1.1

Hi Shoestring,
I've just tested with a clean campaign and it's working for me.
Are you sure you're 'undoing' on the target pc/npc and not the damage/heal instigator?

If you can give step-by-step instructions on how to recreate what you're seeing that would help.

Cheers, Steve.

*Edit* Also, the undo is a 'one shot', it doesn't hold a history of previous damage/heals so can only undo the very last damage/heal applied to a character.

Shoestring
October 25th, 2022, 20:09
I think i attached a scrteenshot from my FG right clicking the target of the damage and select Undo Last Damage/Heal ...that opes another selection wheel where I select the same thing again. I've tried my NPC vs NPC player vs NPC etc. same result Nothing to Undo on ....

Shoestring
October 25th, 2022, 20:10
I think i attached a screenshot ....form my FG. right clicking the target of the damage and select Undo Last Damage/Heal ...that opens another selection wheel where I select the same thing again. I've tried my NPC vs NPC player vs NPC etc. same result Nothing to Undo on ....

Stv
October 25th, 2022, 22:12
Looks like you're running a few other extensions there too. It may well be a conflict between them. What other extensions are you running? If they're freely available then I might be able to track down where the confict lies.

Cheers, Steve.

Shoestring
October 26th, 2022, 00:55
I have 50 extensions i discovered that one of my favorites Generic Actions v1.26 is the cause of my issues and this extension. Thanks for your input/help.

MrDDT
October 26th, 2022, 01:31
I have 50 extensions i discovered that one of my favorites Generic Actions v1.26 is the cause of my issues and this extension. Thanks for your input/help.

I'm not having this issue with GA v1.26, can you explain more or DM me on discord? I would like to help.

MrDDT
October 26th, 2022, 01:38
@Stv

I've noticed that with Aura effects and this ext, if I undo last with something having an aura effect on it, it will double up the aura effect on it. You able to work with Bmos and work this out?

Shoestring
October 26th, 2022, 01:59
I'm not having this issue with GA v1.26, can you explain more or DM me on discord? I would like to help.

Under Options in the Generic Actions (GM) section if you turn Indicator: Verify Damage (restart app) Off then this Extension works with GM. hope my little troubleshooting helps someone in the future.

Fingersome
October 26th, 2022, 02:17
Under Options in the Generic Actions (GM) section if you turn Indicator: Verify Damage (restart app) Off then this Extension works with GM. hope my little troubleshooting helps someone in the future.

Thanks for the tip; I was also having problems with this extension not working, and this actually fixed it :)

Stv
October 26th, 2022, 10:54
@Shoestring glad you found a solution.

@MrDDT I"ll maybe get a chance tonight to look into this.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
October 26th, 2022, 20:02
I've hashed out a fix (I think) for the doubling of auras. Just waiting for @Bmos to answer a question to be sure I've surmised correctly on how the aura ext works.
Once he's replied and I'm sure my fix works then I'll post it up.

@MrDDT I'm assuming it's the 'FROMAURA' that is getting doubled up when damage is undone on the target?

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
October 26th, 2022, 20:27
I've hashed out a fix (I think) for the doubling of auras. Just waiting for @Bmos to answer a question to be sure I've surmised correctly on how the aura ext works.
Once he's replied and I'm sure my fix works then I'll post it up.

@MrDDT I'm assuming it's the 'FROMAURA' that is getting doubled up when damage is undone on the target?

Cheers, Steve.

Yes, when I undo the damage when a creature has the FROMAURA effect, it will replace that effect on them (even though the other effect was not removed)

Stv
October 27th, 2022, 17:16
Just pushed a new build (1.2)

This should take care of the double aura issue found by @MrDDT.

Cheers, Steve.

MrDDT
October 28th, 2022, 01:14
Thank you for the update, working great.

Stv
October 28th, 2022, 05:44
Glad it's fixed, now stop breaking my stuff ^^

Cheers, Steve.

smokebadger
November 8th, 2022, 23:27
Since the patch that added the sparkle dice whenever I try to use it it just says nothing to undo , is there any troubleshooting I can post to help you track this down.

Stv
November 9th, 2022, 18:08
Hi smokebadger, I'm not seeing this happening at all.
Can you let me know what other extensions you're running as a possible conflict could be theae cause of the problem.

Cheers, Steve.

Zionmatrix
February 6th, 2023, 02:17
I to was getting it, but we've finished that campaign and haven't checked again

Stv
March 10th, 2023, 16:08
Just pushed a fix for this so it now hopefully works alongside the Combat Automation extension.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
March 30th, 2023, 19:39
New QoL update to the undo extension, all connected clients are now notified when the GM uses undo.

Cheers, Steve.

Stv
October 5th, 2023, 22:41
With the recent update to the Aura effects extension, this extension and that one don't play nicely together at the moment.
I'll maybe get chance to look into it this weekend and hopefully come up with a fix.

Cheers, Steve.

rocketvaultgames
January 29th, 2024, 19:54
Love the extension!

Just realized that it doesn't seem to work with hstealtemp as a damage type (gain temp hp equal to half the damage done) from the Constitutional Amendments Extension.

I get the "Undo Completed" message, but neither the damage nor the temp hp gain is reversed.

I would guess there is the same issue with the other similar damage types from CA, but haven't had time to check.

This doesn't come up terribly often, so it's not a huge deal, but I did want to report it in case you deem it worth pursuing compatibility.

Thanks!

Stv
January 29th, 2024, 21:18
Thanks for the heads up.
I'll add it to the list to look at when i get chance :)

Cheers, Steve.