PDA

View Full Version : Lots of error messages after last update

micael
July 21st, 2022, 18:03
Hi,

I get lots of errors after last update- what should I do (look at my log)?
Micael

SilentRuin
July 21st, 2022, 18:17
Hi,

I get lots of errors after last update- what should I do (look at my log)?
Micael

Turn off all your extensions until they get fixed/updated. Only turn on ones that do not generate an error.

Always keep extensions up to date (if they are being kept up to date and have an update to work with recent FGU changes) or do not use them.

EXTENSIONS = RISK

Zacchaeus
July 21st, 2022, 18:47
Make sure that you have updated all your extensions. If they are from the Forge they should update automatically; but if you didn't get them from the forge you'll need to go back to wherever you got them from and see if there's an update to download.

To determine what's casuing the issues switch off your extensions and then re-enable them one at a time until you find the one(s) causing the problem. Then look for updates.

(also looking at your log files you seem to have Critically Awesome extension loading twice. I suspect one is in your extensions folder and the other is being dowloaded and added to your vault folder. You should delete the one in your extensions folder).

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2022, 18:47
The errors being reported in the console.log are not anything related to new changes to the core code changes in the last couple weeks.

The first one looks like it's related to a player having access to character sheet data that they don't explicitly own, which I can add extra checks for in the next update. It's not part of what's shared normally, so it probably hasn't come up before.

The second one looks like it's related to a missing file in the Better Module Windows extension.

Regards,
JPG

micael
July 21st, 2022, 20:45
Make sure that you have updated all your extensions. If they are from the Forge they should update automatically; but if you didn't get them from the forge you'll need to go back to wherever you got them from and see if there's an update to download.

To determine what's casuing the issues switch off your extensions and then re-enable them one at a time until you find the one(s) causing the problem. Then look for updates.

(also looking at your log files you seem to have Critically Awesome extension loading twice. I suspect one is in your extensions folder and the other is being dowloaded and added to your vault folder. You should delete the one in your extensions folder).

Thanks for the analysis- I am really surprised- if I have bought critical awesome extensions and mod file, why will it be in the vault directory? I thought, that only files bought in this store are find in the vault directory? Where can I see which extensions are in the vault directory?
Thanks
Micael

LordEntrails
July 21st, 2022, 21:17
Thanks for the analysis- I am really surprised- if I have bought critical awesome extensions and mod file, why will it be in the vault directory? I thought, that only files bought in this store are find in the vault directory? Where can I see which extensions are in the vault directory?
Thanks
Micael
IT is up to each publisher on the Forge to decide if they want their content encrypted in the Vault or not. Some do it to protect their IP, some do it because it's the default setting, other do it so that it is easier to tell which of their products are from the DMsGuild (no Vault option) or the Forge. And I suspect their are other reasons too.