PDA

View Full Version : Bayne's Fantasy Eats- feedback thread

bayne7400
July 19th, 2022, 20:05
I'll link the video here once it gets uploaded. Please post any Feedback here! Including recipe requests!

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/715/view

https://youtu.be/-sd94qT6UzY

Alchemy Update:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S6sCNRqF9s&t=143s

Automated for : 5e, 2e, PF1/3.5, OSE, SW White Box

similarly
July 19th, 2022, 23:53
This looks really interesting and entertaining.

bayne7400
July 20th, 2022, 00:56
entertaining is what i was going for. I plan on adding to the recipe tables as we go along ha

reddragonstory
July 22nd, 2022, 02:59
First of all, it is a great extension. Thank you for making it. I was wondering if it's possible to save a recipe, eg: if we enter the ingredients for Traveler's Stew then next time if we put the same ingredients into the "pot" it will automatically know its name? Or vice versa we can select the recipe from a cookbook and will look for the ingredients in the inventory. Oh, and by the way is it possible, that it reduces the number of ingredients from the inventory of the "chef". One more question came to my mind based on "chef" is it possible to change the Die Roll from d20 to Toolset cook's utensils if the character is trained with the toolset and possibly has the Chef Feat?

bayne7400
July 22nd, 2022, 03:19
Yeah worked on getting the inventory to decrement for a good while and gave up. I plan on coming back to it.

I like the recipe idea. I need to think of a way to store the recipe.

I'll need to go look at the feat and how we can integrate it.

bayne7400
July 22nd, 2022, 15:05
Hey so I looked it up and I do not have Tasha's in FG. How did they implement the feat? Does it give you a "power" to restore health?

bayne7400
July 22nd, 2022, 19:59
First of all, it is a great extension. Thank you for making it. I was wondering if it's possible to save a recipe, eg: if we enter the ingredients for Traveler's Stew then next time if we put the same ingredients into the "pot" it will automatically know its name? Or vice versa we can select the recipe from a cookbook and will look for the ingredients in the inventory. Oh, and by the way is it possible, that it reduces the number of ingredients from the inventory of the "chef". One more question came to my mind based on "chef" is it possible to change the Die Roll from d20 to Toolset cook's utensils if the character is trained with the toolset and possibly has the Chef Feat?

Ok see if you can break it for me :) I added the skill roll. Just click the button and it will look for the Cooking skill on the character. sheet I added this for 5E and 2E rulesets.

It is not currently encoded to roll with adv/disadv.

reddragonstory
July 23rd, 2022, 02:32
I don't think that I'm allowed to copy the rule here, but I guess I can summarize it:
Basically, on short rest, you can cook special food enough for a number of creatures equal to 4 + your proficiency bonus, these foods can be eaten at the end of the short rest. Anyone who eats these and spends one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points regains an extra 1d8 hit points.
On a long rest, you can cook a number of treats equal to your proficiency bonus. It can be eaten in a bonus action to gain temporary hit points equal to your proficiency bonus.

reddragonstory
July 23rd, 2022, 02:41
First of all, thanks for the quick response. It seems working great, with a few remarks
As far as I know, the name of the toolset (skill) is "cook's utensils" not "cooking utensil", so if someone using this term (cook's utensils) the extension doesn't realise as an appropriate skill (toolset)
So if it's possible to use both terms (or to enter the toolset name as a variable, as it is working in the Requested Rolls extension, if I remember right)

I tested the following scenarios:
- No skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox unticked - OK (no error message, using automatically with d20)
- No skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, using automatically with d20)
- Skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly), working fine with normal proficiency, expertise (double proficiency) and half proficiency, with different base abilities (Dex and Int tested)
- Skill added (Cooking Utensils - checking case sensitivity) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly)
- Skill added (cooking utensils) with misc modifier and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly) (One remark after I set a Misc modifier for the Custom Skill I wasn't able to change it, had to remove and add again, it is most probably not because of this Extesnon, but maybe another one or FG)
- Skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox unticked - Not OK (used the skill anyway)
- Skill added (cook's utensils - PHB name for toolset) and checkbox ticked - Not OK (not using the skill)

bayne7400
July 23rd, 2022, 03:36
Yeah Ill tweak the parser and check out the issue with the unchecked box.

bayne7400
July 23rd, 2022, 14:20
All fixed up. I had left the logic out to check the box when was debugging an issue form before. Cook's or Cook or Cooking or any sort of variation will now be captured.

As far as the recipe thing, I know of a pretty good solution. For right now you can use the box I provided that overrides the tables.

reddragonstory
July 24th, 2022, 19:09
Great job, thank you. It works perfectly. Waiting for Tuesday to surprise the players with this new extension :)

bayne7400
July 26th, 2022, 20:51
Custom Recipe and Alchemy Update

https://youtu.be/4S6sCNRqF9s

Let me know if you guys find any issues!

reddragonstory
July 27th, 2022, 13:09
Splendid, this is magnificent! This is what I was considering, if it is possible to brew potions with this extension? You're just reading my mind. I've started to test and it is already impressive. I've found one issue if I try to brew a potion but click the cooking skill, then it uses the cooking, even if it is only a mistake. It could be intentional eg.: in it is a homebrew rule that a potion could be brewed by cooking skill, so I don't think it is a big deal. Thank you for this great job.

bayne7400
July 27th, 2022, 13:11
Yeah it's a feature not a bug. If you check the wrong button it doesn't know you made a mistake.

bayne7400
July 27th, 2022, 15:58
Extension is now integrated with the PF1 3.5 ruleset. Custom Craft skills for alchemy and cooking are full automated.

Minethulhu
July 29th, 2022, 07:36
It's not clear from the video, but can a DM create a recipe using drag-n-drop of existing items? Can players do alchemy (or cook) via drag-n-drop of existing items? Can a recipe point to an existing item as the output?

I ask specifically because of either of these books (which do have Fantasy Grounds versions):

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/276213/Hamunds-Harvesting-Handbook-A-Complete-Guide-to-Harvesting-and-Crafting-in-DD-5e

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/275550/Monster-Loot-Vol-1--Monster-Manual

For example, Hamund's Harvesting Handbook has harvesting tables for Aboleth. One of the items I can get from said harvesting is Aboleth Mucus. This book also says alchemistry can be used to turn Aboleth Mucus (an item from Hamund's Harvesting Handbook) into a Potion of Water Breathing (an item from the DMG). Can it take this known / defined item from an add-on book and turn it into an item from a core book (DMG)?

NOTE: I picked Aboleth Mucus because it is there in the screenshot for Hamund's Harvesting Handbook on DMs Guild, thus I don't think I'm sharing anything that isn't common knowledge.

Either way, I think you should look at either or both of the above books to see how well (or even if) they integrate.

I will note that both Monster Loot and Hamund's Harvesting Handbook also have rules for turning some of these harvested items into magic items (and not just food or potions). I assume your extension doesn't actually care that players are making consumables (food / potions), so this would be another potential use of your extension.

bayne7400
July 29th, 2022, 13:27
Yes you can drag items from.your inventory into your.ingrediemt list. If.you want some features I suggest you purchase it, play around with it and provide feedback.

similarly
July 30th, 2022, 10:00
When I use a large decal, the fantasy eats button gets hidden behind it. Any chance to get it to sit on top like the dice tower?

bayne7400
July 30th, 2022, 12:32
When I use a large decal, the fantasy eats button gets hidden behind it. Any chance to get it to sit on top like the dice tower?

Right click to unlock and move the button. Bottom right is a little box you can grab onto.

bayne7400
July 30th, 2022, 15:49
New update: See Image. When creating an item place the recipe on its own line in the description text. Syntax is "Recipe: item1;item2;item3;item4"

You can drag your item to cookbook and it will auto populate. If you think I should stick the recipe in notes section I can do that. It is doing a pattern matching and will accept a 6 ingredient recipe. If we use the notes section it would be a bit easier, I just did not want to hijack it. Ill push this today

reddragonstory
July 30th, 2022, 19:45
I've tested the new feature, but it didn't work, the name of the potion and the type "potion" loaded to the Recipe book, but not the ingredients, instead get the following error message: Script execution error: [string "type"]:14: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got nil)

bayne7400
July 30th, 2022, 22:06
Can you screenshot your item you created for me? I want to see the syntax so I don't have to guess what you did. Using the notes section works every time btw.

if I had to guess its an errant space character. Ill plug a few %s? in the front and back

EDIT: Give it an update and try again. The parser should be a little more forgiving if you use the description text and not follow the exact format.

reddragonstory
July 30th, 2022, 22:40

EDIT: I've just seen your EDIT, I update it :)
EDIT2: And it works like a charm, thank you.

bayne7400
July 30th, 2022, 23:19
Yeah it was the space between the colon and first word.

similarly
July 31st, 2022, 00:21
Right click to unlock and move the button. Bottom right is a little box you can grab onto.

Yes, I know how to move it, but if it's behind the custom decal, it doesn't really leave me a lot of space to put it. It would be easier if it could be layered to be on top of the decal. If you can't, no big deal. I just won't use a decal, or will use a smaller one, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

bayne7400
July 31st, 2022, 00:36
I asked about it today. Right now I have no idea. I will ask again on Monday :)

reddragonstory
August 1st, 2022, 01:57
Just one idea: Turn off the decal, remove the extension, and turn on the decal, maybe it's not working, in this case just ignore me :)

bayne7400
August 14th, 2022, 20:43
A Small update allowing to do alchemy on the fly without having a reloaded recipe. Just make sure they have the skill and Alchemy is checked.

AmishCyborg
August 16th, 2022, 04:50
Great extension. A few issues/suggestions: 1) can you allow players more control over the window? I've only tested by connecting to my own game, but I can't use most of the options or even select my character as the cook as a player. 2) if you use an existing recipe, but enter a custom name, it creates a generic item with the custom name instead of making the existing recipe item. 3) I noticed it defaults to saying "Hardy Rations", could this be customized? 4) If you succeed the roll, but make 0 items, it generates a success message ending with "0 Hardy Rations", could you change the message to say there wasn't enough materials or something similar?

bayne7400
August 16th, 2022, 12:43
1. So the player should be able to Add raw ingredients, set the custom name and click the roll button, That is it. I may look at that again later once I work out some of these issues

2. Yes the name block on the front overrides everything else. That is working as intended. I have to put logic in there so it knows when to use the front vice the GM read only recipe tab. The player can adjust that name. I have a player that adds his name to recipe in our game

3.The only way to customize it is by using a custom recipe or putting in the custom name. The custom name overrides everything.

4. Ok this is a bug. So let me make sure I'm reproducing this properly. Basically your total weight of items cooked are less than you lbs per ration number? I might just default it to one ration.

AmishCyborg
August 16th, 2022, 18:22
If you add less than 0.5 weight of ingredients, it rounds down to 0 rations. Which is fine imo, but should be considered a failure.

bayne7400
August 16th, 2022, 18:50
At 0 it should not create the item either in the players inventory

BubbaGrim
October 2nd, 2022, 23:37
I'm getting empty items when I try to make potions, they have the correct name54574. Just don't match the item in the recipe book. Item from the recipe book is on the right.

bayne7400
October 3rd, 2022, 00:37
May I see a screenshot of your custom recipe in the extension?

edit:

On your recipe page click the link button. My guess is you did not fill that info in. I just checked and it works. It doesn't do a search of all items in all DB to try and find a match you have to put in your recipe information.

bayne7400
October 3rd, 2022, 01:01

Here is what mine looks like. I even stuck in an image to se if that was borking it up. I'm guessing your using 5e? although your inventory page does not look like mine. So I am going to need much more information from you in order to assist.

BubbaGrim
October 3rd, 2022, 02:31
I've even added copies of the unique items to your Fantasy Eats page. I have no idea why it doesn't work.

bayne7400
October 3rd, 2022, 02:45
Haha remove the custom name. You are overriding the recipe. That field needs to be blank

BubbaGrim
October 3rd, 2022, 02:55
Okay I must not be understanding you.

bayne7400
October 3rd, 2022, 03:11
In the front panel leave name of recipe blank of your using the recipe book. If your making something on the fly use the name of recipe on the front panel.

Get rid of the parentheses in the recipe and ingredients see if that works. I may need to check the parser if that causes it to work.

BubbaGrim
October 3rd, 2022, 03:20
It's the parentheses

bayne7400
October 3rd, 2022, 03:24
Ok least we figured that out thanks. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

CassMerry
November 9th, 2022, 20:58
Looks really cool! Definately be grabbing this if it gets PF2e support

similarly
November 9th, 2022, 23:01
Looks really cool! Definately be grabbing this if it gets PF2e support

I think there might be easy ways to do that. Easiest would just be for the creator to add PF2e to the game systems it can be used for, I think. I know there's a free extension around here somewhere that lets you use extensions built for one system in another system, and I know it can be done manually (though with forge updates, you'd have to keep changing it every time it updated, I think).

bayne7400
November 10th, 2022, 00:28
It might already be listed as an allowed. Just not sure how the rolls will work. I'll check next time I am on my computer. It's not a ruleset that I am going.to.add official support like I did for pf1 or 5e/2e

CassMerry
November 20th, 2022, 03:15
So I ended up buying it to see, sadly it seems that PFRPG2 isn't in the allowed list, and (probably because it's forge) it's stored in the vault instead of extensions, so the files are all zipped and password encrypted, so I can't do the usual and fix it for pf myself. Is there anything you think could be done? I'm happy to tinker and fair enough not to officially support it, but right now it's kinda impossible as far as I know to make it work unofficially either. No worries if it's not an option

bayne7400
November 20th, 2022, 13:27
Yeah I'll add it today so you can check it out.

bayne7400
November 20th, 2022, 16:02
CassMerry

It is allowed on PF2. You have to update the weight manually. I see there is a bulk block but on inventory there is weight. So I am not sure how Trenloe set that up.

CassMerry
November 21st, 2022, 18:04
Awesome, thanks! Seems to be working, but I'll use it for a few games and see if there's any weirdness that comes up and if there's any easy workarounds without having to mess with the actual files. Cheers!

CassMerry
November 24th, 2022, 12:24
Testing stuff for a bit the weigh mechanic seems to be working fine, I think it's just that the bulk weight ends up being a little higher than weight so the GM needs to remember to be a bit generous when setting up the ration:weight ratio. The only oddity I've noticed is that when crafting the ingredients don't get removed from the player or crafting window inventory, but that might be on purpose?

bayne7400
November 24th, 2022, 12:25
Yup on purpose

Minethulhu
February 13th, 2023, 01:32
My players are distracted by the Fantasy Eats button starting on top of character portraits. Many of them are computer averse and have trouble unlocking and moving the button. Would it be possible to re-code this so it appears as a separate, selectable icon in the Tool section of the UI similar to the way it is done for these extensions:

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/273/view
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/910/view
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1040/view

NOTE: Each has a small icon in the Tool section of the FGU UI in the upper right that can be clicked on to launch the extension's UI.

Unsure how difficult this request is to implement and I recognize it may have little return for the work, but putting it out there...

bayne7400
February 14th, 2023, 14:15
Hi thanks for the feedback. I develop these extensions for my use and share them with the community. The button is designed to fit perfectly at the top of the chat box. I have several buttons that I line up there as it looks nice and neat and does not block anything. Players do have the ability to right click and close the panel. I am going to update it it to allow the GM to reshare the panel for a player that wants to close it out.

Hopefully this is a satisfactory compromise.

StarDrifter
February 28th, 2023, 11:31
Hey, I don't have the 5e Fantasy Eats Module after downloading this on the forge. Where can i find that?

bayne7400
February 28th, 2023, 12:25
It is possible I goofed when I uploaded the latest. I'll get it updated today. Thank you for reporting

bayne7400
February 28th, 2023, 20:36
I updated this morning to add the module back. let me know if you have any issues .

StarDrifter
February 28th, 2023, 20:46
Yep, its there. Thanks bayne!

rhagelstrom
August 11th, 2023, 19:18
Not sure if it's intended but some of the GUI elements seem a bit off. Maybe it's from the last update?

bayne7400
August 11th, 2023, 19:23
Thanks for pointing this out. I will get it updated.

bayne7400
August 11th, 2023, 19:36
It is just that theme. Those images have a large amount of transparency to the image. I am going to check my fix on a few other themes before I load it. It will be updated this afternoon.

rhagelstrom
August 11th, 2023, 21:01
I just noticed it on the D&D theme I didn't try any others

bayne7400
August 12th, 2023, 13:53
Should be updated

Merell
January 18th, 2024, 23:13
Any reports of conflicts with other extensions? I have 2 campaigns both for D&D classic and one has the button to open the menu and the other campaign does not. I have loaded and unloaded it, brought on an outside player, checked behind all overlays and can not find the button to open it. Is there any way to force the button to appear? I can go into your ingredience list but that is all I can access on the campaign that it will not show the menu button.

bayne7400
January 18th, 2024, 23:15
what ruleset and what extensions? Could it be hiding behind your char screen inside FG?

Merell
January 18th, 2024, 23:18
D&D Classic and I would have to list the extensions I have loaded for it.... I could eliminate a few by comparing the one that runs vs the one that does not. As for hiding behind the character screen, I have moved all screens around made my decal smaller etc but I can not find the button anywhere. BTW Thanks for the super quick response.

bayne7400
January 18th, 2024, 23:24
I am checking the 2e Ruleset now :( I think that's hat you meant. With Vanilla Theme the button shows. Which theme are you using?

Merell
January 18th, 2024, 23:26
The one that works I am using the FG dark theme the one that is not working I have no added theme. And yes 2e....

Merell
January 18th, 2024, 23:28
Just made a test campaign with the same extensions loaded for the one that does not work; it does not work on the test campaign either. I think we may have an extension conflict. I will start playing eliminate and reload and see when it pops up.

bayne7400
January 18th, 2024, 23:33
yeah start with Vanilla. Try the theme first and then each extension. Someone probably overrode desktop without merging.

Merell
January 18th, 2024, 23:35
Figured it out, rule #1 always double check to make sure you have the extension you "thought" you checked, is actually checked. Sorry to waste your time but my testing helped identify the problem... user not interfacing with the extension window!