PDA

View Full Version : LFG Player looking for a Daytime game to play

Eanelen
July 19th, 2022, 05:16
Hello, I'm a long time player who has too much free time during the day and would like to fill it with some RP. I live in Oklahoma in the USA, GMT -5. I have experience in D&D 3.5, 5e, PF and some PF2e. I've also played World of Darkness and multiple Palladium games. I am also interested in SWADE Pathfinder and Rifts. I have a Standard FGC license as well as an ultimate FGU so I can join in any game. I learned to play AD&D 2nd in 1998 and about the only edition I am not interested in is 4e, though I'll even give that a try.

My availability is between 8am and 5pm, I am looking for something to do during the day when my roommates are working and I have too much time to myself.

Laergulon
July 19th, 2022, 17:48
Hi Eanelen. This is my first visit to this message board and, lo and behold, seems we are in a similar boat. I am also at GMT -5, currently daylight savings time, and I have autonomy over what I do during most of the day these days. My previous regular group, a FG campaign I started when the plague hit us, has gone into hiatus now, leaving my D&D calendar pretty stark. I learned to play from the original box set, when it came out, and went from there. Our experience sounds very compatible. I have been running my game on 3.5 (us old schoolers, right?) but Pathfinder 1 is cool and honestly, I am not that particular as a player because the game's the thing. Wonder if you'd be interested in some play testing for the unused dungeons I've set up, or maybe starting up something fresh. Let me know if you're interested. Safe journeys, Laergulon.

Eanelen
July 19th, 2022, 18:27
Lol wow it's not often even at 40 I'm called old school. I'm still the 'young buck' in my normal group. They're also the ones who in their 20s and 30s took 15 year old me knee their wing and taught me lol. Well. Them and their now adult children... Great. Now I do feel old lol. Anyway I wouldn't mind play testing or even just playing. I'm running an errand now. But I'll dm you my contact info when I get home.

Laergulon
July 19th, 2022, 18:52
:bandit:

SaintDeadp00l
July 20th, 2022, 02:42
may i join in this adventure to? that is if your picked up...played and DM every thing from VTM AD&D 3.5 5e (not 4E) SW5E and been playing sence in the 90s and id love to join please

Laergulon
July 20th, 2022, 17:14
I have replied to your private message :)

joegemmo
July 25th, 2022, 19:57
Do you still have room for a player? I have been playing multiple rpgs since the 80s and used fantasy grounds for the last couple years.
What day and time are you thinking? How often will be playing?

Joe

kneebone
July 26th, 2022, 19:45
It sounds like you folks might be looking for a DM/GM/Games Master/'sucker' to guide you through some scenarios? Fortunately for you, I am available for some stuff in the next month or so. I'm really just finishing up a baseball simulation at the moment and might take a few weeks breather from the computer, but I'm getting the itch. My experience/age/personality seems to be a fit from what I'm reading here and I do have some stuff prepped and ready to go. I wouldn't mind a test drive to see if we're a match. If so, a long term game is always preferable.

Unfortunately, I am not available on the regular during the day. My schedule is such that I'm free one day per week usually, but it's sometimes Tuesday, sometimes Thursday, sometimes Friday. I can run almost any evening/night past 7pm EST until when we can't stand it any more.

About me: Started in the early 80's, played as a youth, really got into 3.0/3.5, took an adult break, came back when Fantasy Grounds was discovered, mostly play Pathfinder 1E, and will only run Pathfinder 1E.

I have one campaign prepped (Homebrew/World of Greyhawk/Based on the Keep on the Borderlands), one half prepped (Lankhmar/3 adventure arc) and I also have most of the Paizo adventure paths that I could prep and get set to run. I have run Kingmaker extensively that we got quite far into before real life got involved. I recently just finished running a few episodes of the KoTB campaign, but the players didn't mesh and everyone was ready for the summer off.

For an example of some of my work, you can check one of my videos on Youtube (feel free to hit me up for a link or a channel name). If any of this sounds interesting, I will be checking in every so often or feel free to direct message me.

Maybe talk soon, if not, good luck in your search for gaming Nirvana.

Cheers,
Kneebone

Eanelen
July 28th, 2022, 18:39
Hello Kneebone, we have a GM now. Laergulon is running a 3.5 game. If you are interested in playing. We are going Thursday 2pm to 5pm Central time. I think that's GMT-5. Go ahead and DM me. We are still looking for 2 more players.