PDA

View Full Version : NPC Static Initiative

mattekure
July 17th, 2022, 20:48
Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/712/view

I made this extension over a year ago, and forgot about it. I had to update it with the last release, so I dusted it off and threw it up on the forge for everyone.

This extension is for 5e currently. It adds a field to the NPC record to set a static initiative. Whenever initiative is rolled, an NPC is added to the Combat Tracker this extension sets the initiative to the static value selected. Each NPC has a checkbox to enable the static init, defaulting to off.

Use cases
Setting up an NPC for Lair Actions.
Setting up an NPC for trap triggering that may occur on a specific initiative
Forcing certain NPCs to appear at the end of the combat tracker. I use this for non-combat NPCs with skipturn. so they are there in the fight, but they dont clutter the combat tracker and are all clumped at the end.

https://i.imgur.com/kXjw3NK.jpg

Hjorimir
March 18th, 2023, 06:46
While the extension works, I can't see the "Set Initiative" words at the bottom of the NPC record (I just see the radio button and empty field).

mattekure
March 19th, 2023, 01:25
While the extension works, I can't see the "Set Initiative" words at the bottom of the NPC record (I just see the radio button and empty field).

thanks I'll take a look. I cant remember if I removed it or if its not showing up for some reason.

mattekure
March 20th, 2023, 14:03

It should be fixed with todays release. looks like a template name clash. update to v1.1. you may have to manually delete the old one as the name of the ext changed slightly.

Hjorimir
March 22nd, 2023, 18:51
It looks like you've got a conflict with the Temporal Fixation extension. Please see attached. (These are the only two extensions loaded in this test 5e ruleset campaign.)

mattekure
March 24th, 2023, 19:57
It looks like you've got a conflict with the Temporal Fixation extension. Please see attached. (These are the only two extensions loaded in this test 5e ruleset campaign.)

interesting, I'll take a look at that one

mattekure
March 24th, 2023, 20:22
Ok, fixed. we were both using the same name for a label.