PDA

View Full Version : DM LFP Avernus

bgray21
July 14th, 2022, 01:23
FG License: GM has Ultimate, players can use any version - including Free

VTT Version: FGU (Fantasy Grounds Unity)

Number of Players Sought: 4 to 6 (Currently have 5 players)

Time Zone: Eastern Time USA

Day of week and time: Saturday’s at 8:00pm

Planned day, time, and Frequency: Every Saturday at 8:00pm eastern.

Session Zero day and time: 8-6-22 at 8:00pm eastern. But this could change depending on people’s schedules.
First session day and time: 8-13-22 at 8:00pm eastern.

Term: The game could take 6 months up to a year.

Communications: You will need a working microphone and speakers (or a headset with a microphone), as voice communication is required if you want to play. We will use Discord.

Will This Game Be Streamed? No.

Will Audio Be Recorded? No.

Combat/Exploration/Roleplay Mix: (40/30/30): This will depend on the players. But I tend to lean towards combat.

Character Starting Level: 5th level

DM Note: This is going to be a modified Descent into Avernus campaign. The party will be starting out in Elturel. I’m basically skipping the Balder’s Gate portion of the adventure.

Viepyr
July 14th, 2022, 05:56
Greetings, I would be interested in joining your game.

Discord: Wraiths_Viepyr#5393.

I am 43 and have been playing D&D off and on since 2nd Ed. I skipped 4e for various reasons. I am competent in 3.5e and 5e. Have attempted to DM LMoP for some of my friends/coworkers.

The concept character I am interested in playing is a Tiefling Warlock with The Great Old One patron. I don't have a lot of 5e source books so he's fairly basic.

Bit of background I have for him is he was born to a human slave in the Nine Hells to one of Asmodous' devils. Grew up doing nefarious deeds and tasks and became disgusted with the whole thing. Started praying and was answered by a Great Old One. Haven't decided on who yet and the patron freed him from the Nine Hells and placed him in Faerun.

I am open and willing to playing the party needs or change things around if the concept doesn't fit.

Cheers.

bgray21
July 14th, 2022, 23:48
PM sent.

IronFist
July 14th, 2022, 23:59
I would like to join your game. I have played d&d since 1979. I have been playing 5e for a number of years off and on. just let me know if I can get in. here is my discord info IronFist3#5712

I'm Thinking about playing a Paladin or a fighter. Half Orc or Leonin.

bgray21
July 15th, 2022, 00:19
PM sent.

OSKTTRPG
July 15th, 2022, 21:48
Sounds great! I'd like to play.

I played lots of second edition AD&D during the 80s and 90s, and I played some 3.5e games on VTTs in the 00s. I've recently returned to the hobby, and I've been looking for a solid campaign such as yours to resume adventuring. I've been studying up on 5e, and I think I'm good to go.

I'm flexible as a player, and I can take on whatever role the group needs; but I do have one character concept already well developed that seems like it might be a good fit for Descent into Avernus. His name is Aion Eilisis:

Race: Eladrin High Elf
Class: Artificer
Background: Guild
Alignment: Lawful neutral
Background: An incursion of the FeyWilds by the Dealkyr during my youth shattered my confidence in the Eladrin to maintain the plane's coherence. I became convinced that even though the FeyWilds are spectacular, nonetheless they've become too insular. I'm now committed to the view that we must search out new truths threaded through the planes and within the social orders of other races. Otherwise, what we don't know might very well end us (and simultaneously disturb the balance of the multiverse as well).
Loyalties: I am particularly loyal to guild sponsors who taught me to navigate the worlds of craftsmen, merchants, and investors in order to pursue my worldly exploration, laboratory experiments, social investigations, and magical training.
I'm intensely curious about the planal structure of the multiverse and the distinctive physical laws characterizing each plane. I tend to view other PCs and NPCs as pieces of larger economic, political, technological, and magical systems.
Ideals: I believe that every plane in the multiverse must be understood in relation to the rest. Knowledge is worth pursuing only when it contributes to understanding the interdependence of connected systems. Individuals and societies are valuable only insofar as they aspire to engage with wider networks of meaning, trade, and interdependence.

Here's Aion's character sheet (built with point buy method): ddb.ac/characters/78476636/4xepAJ (https://ddb.ac/characters/78476636/4xepAJ)

If Aion is a bit too cerebral as an Artificer and not quite punchy enough for what you have in store for us, I could tilt his mojo by recasting him as a Peace Domain Cleric, Eldritch Knight Fighter, Arcane Trickster Rogue, or Conjurer Wizard.

As always, I'm happy to collaborate with you and the other players to build a team of characters that'll take names, shatter doors, drop bodies, and look good doing it!

Discord: Old_Skool_Kool#1159

bgray21
July 16th, 2022, 00:07
PM sent.

Metalheadisme
July 16th, 2022, 03:59
This sounds great! I'd be very interested in joining if you are willing to take on a fairly new player. I'm going through the FGA classes and self-help materials to get familiar with Fantasy Grounds Unity as I haven't used it before but I'm a quick learner. I'm not a complete newbie with DND5e but I'm not an advanced player either- I've played one live game with some friends and watched several streams. PHB, Xanathars, SCAG, and Tasha's are on my shelf and I've played some 3.5e in the distant past.

As a busy dad, the time frame is perfect for me, and the campaign and terms sounds great too. My Discord is Metalheadisme#3487.

Interestingly, I had built a Human Great Old One Pact of the Chain Warlock (Chaotic Good), and then I noticed Viepyr wanted to make a Great Old One Warlock! I'm definitely open to making something different and potentially more useful to the party. I'd like to make a warlock if possible still (maybe a Fiend Pact of the Chain? Could be a good RP fit for Avernus for sure), but could certainly try my hand at a sorceror, wizard, or even a non-caster if it would help the party. Then again, two different eldritch beings could make for an interesting story, but like I said I'm open for anything if you're willing to take on someone new to FGU.

Thanks, and I'll completely understand if you'd rather stick with more experienced folks.

LewtHunter
July 16th, 2022, 04:38
Hello there,

This is exactly what I have been looking for. I have been playing DnD since I was but a wee lad (Starting with 2nd Ed) but unfortunately for the last 5 years or so I have been DMing and not so much been a player. I am in my 30s now and I would love to join into a band of adventurers and unfold a story together.

I have very open availability as I work from home and have a fairly flexible time table.

I have a solid mic, good connection and no problem using discord - LewtHunter#8145

My character idea is that of a cleric or a paladin which I would be happy to send over the back story for but it's a bit lengthy to post here. If we are a bit heavy in the faith category, I also have a few other character ideas to bring forth.

I have never done this adventure before so this would all be fresh to me, even without the alterations.

bgray21
July 16th, 2022, 17:35
PM sent

OSKTTRPG
July 17th, 2022, 15:54
I've been thinking about everyone's PC concepts, the setting, and what bgray21 has said about combat. Based on all that, I built what I think might be a better PC.

Sirik Tellan is an Eladrin High Elf rogue. His high Dexterity and (planned) assassin subclass should make him a top-tier archer and a solid duel wielder in melee. His fey step (racial ability, similar to misty step) enhances his mobility and defensive capabilities. He brings all the utility of a rogue as well. Alignment is chaotic neutral. Somewhere around level 6, he'll probably take a level or two as a spell caster for cantrips and a few other magics. Here's his character sheet (using point buy): https://ddb.ac/characters/78679175/aK9q8M.

bgray21
July 17th, 2022, 16:55
The group currently sits at 5 people.

NotAGod
July 18th, 2022, 19:23
Hi, I'm a low experience player. I've only played 5e irl as well as a little 4e. I don't experience using fantasy grounds but I am more than willing to learn how. My discord is: []#2416
I really like playing but it's hard to find players irl so please consider allowing me to join.

NotAGod
July 18th, 2022, 20:33
My bad, forgot I already posted