PDA

View Full Version : Importing Questions

pirate1
October 30th, 2007, 03:17
I would like to import my own portrait for one of my characters. I know it can be done because I have done it in the past but I can't remember how. If someone could give me the steps on how to do this I would really appreciate it. Also is there any way to move a created character from a local character into a campaign? Thanks.

:pirate:

Hamish
October 30th, 2007, 09:19
You can import a character portrait by placing the image in the portraits folder on the client.

When you connect to a game, you get a screen where you can select which character you want to play. This screen includes character that were created locally on the client.

Have fun!

qaesyan
September 6th, 2009, 22:32
Old thread, but I'm having a problem. I have no "portrait" folder. Do I just create one or what? I have no idea where the current portraits are held, but there are no folders whatsoever within my FGII folder.

Doswelk
September 7th, 2009, 01:39
The FGII folder is this one under program files or the one you got to by clicking the shortcut on the start menu?

I forgot the name of the Data Folder shortcut (on a linux netbook on the wrong side of the atlantic to check my FG PC)

Griogre
September 7th, 2009, 19:10
The portraits are in FG's Data Apps folder. You can find it by pressing the Start Button -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Data Application Folder. This will pop up a window with a number of folders. One should be portraits. Just drop your new portraits in that folder.

FYI, FG resizes portraits to 63x63. Your portraits will look better if they are square and pre-sized to about the same size.