PDA

View Full Version : How to add more "Waterborne Vehicles" (or others for that matter)

Varsuuk
July 10th, 2022, 23:26
I was trying to export some new items including ships.

I noticed I can click on things like Waterborne Vehicle view and that is GREAT - they get added there (due to type/subtype) but ... I do not see a place to set the "speed" or other stats if present.

Of course, being a "mucker around" guy - I tried adding things to the generated module XML by hand and found that:
<speed type="string">5 mph</speed>
and
<carryingcapacity type="string">500 lb.</carryingcapacity>

Worked at having these values appear on the "View".
So, is this the right way to add these stats or is there a way I didn't see yet?

Are there any other interesting <tags> that can be added to this or other views? If so, is there a list in Wiki somewhere?

Thanks!

LordEntrails
July 11th, 2022, 00:52
I think ships and vehicles are still being developed. Check the Beta thread as I think new functionality is coming with the nexxt ruleset update (next week or so). You might just want to wait for that (if I'm right).

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2022, 04:42
5E vehicles are next up after this week's planned update; and will be targeted for August with the release of 5E Spelljammer.

Regards,
JPG

Varsuuk
July 11th, 2022, 06:31
OH, I hadn't known - been mainly only playing every week but I have not been keeping up here. I googled to try to figure it out before posting and saw plenty of references to Waterborne Vehicles and I believe "Speed" references.
I see those stats in the 5E PHB so I tried hand editing and it worked. I had no idea I asked in the middle of an update process that touches on what I was asking about, HAH... tie-ming!

Thanks all,
Vars