PDA

View Full Version : WW2: Operation Whitebox core rules now available

Myrdin Potter
July 8th, 2022, 02:56
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/701/view

Role play a WW2 special operative using the original D&D rules. In this game, you can kill actual Nazis.

:-)

Trenloe
July 8th, 2022, 03:42
This is great news! I mine this a lot for Achtung! Cthulhu ideas. :)

Myrdin Potter
July 12th, 2022, 05:47
I am working on converting the Tactical Combat Rules book and also on the first (Allied) mission book. The core rules book does come with a mission as well.

Myrdin Potter
August 14th, 2022, 03:03
I had work wack me hard and steal my development time, but slowly working throguh the Allied Missions vol 1 book. About 1/2 way there.

Maldev
March 22nd, 2023, 09:50
G'day, Loving the Operation White Box game!
I have some questions as I explore using it in prep for our upcoming game.. :)
Just picked it up from the forge and I am having a play (as we do!)
I have a SMG equipped and when I use burst fire it uses the entire magazine.
This confuses me as according to the rules
"BURST FIRE
To increase accuracy and save ammunition, operatives are trained to fire automatic weapons in short bursts. This gives them about three attacks (bursts) with each
magazine. Burst fire provides the attacker with a +2 bonus To-Hit."
I can't see a way to change the ammo usage per burst. Unless it is something to do with the #reloads section?

Some of the combat extensions I use don't seem to be compatible.
Quality of life stuff like, 5E Indicators (which work with most systems)
eg When you throw a grenade and kill some enemies, there is no visual cue for seeing who was killed and who wasn't (see image)

There isn't a roll initiative button in the combat tracker.
I know the players can roll init individually, but I can't see way for me to click "roll enemy initiatives" and roll all the enemies (for individual initiative)
Nor a roll init for the group(s). The automation would save time.
Sorry if I am missing something obvious.. ��

bayne7400
March 24th, 2023, 12:49
Potter

Please double check machine gun capacity fields on your automatic weapons. For burst fire to function that field needs to be something other than 0.

Myrdin Potter
March 24th, 2023, 13:12
Ok, of course this comes up when I am away at a gaming con, but will fix that when I get back (within the next week).