PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset and connectivity issues

Dupre
October 29th, 2007, 15:00
We are trying to figure out what is going on, but it is not a trivial problem to replicate. If you are having problems please answer these questions:

- Have you ever had FG1 installed before you installed FG2?
- Do you have XP or Vista?
- Is your license for full or lite version?
- What is the precise error message you are getting and when do you get it?
- Any information that might help us replicate this.
- What is the file size of your d20.pak under \Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II?

Cerebr4l
October 29th, 2007, 17:09
I have since fixed this problem by replacing my d20.pak file but I'll answer the questions anyway:

- Have you ever had FG1 installed before you installed FG2? Yes

- Do you have XP or Vista? XP

- Is your license for full or lite version? LITE - Full didn't seem to be effected for our DM

- What is the precise error message you are getting and when do you get it?
"The host is running a proprietary ruleset that does not match a local installation."

- Any information that might help us replicate this. It happened to my entire group after we clicked "update". It looks like it might be deleting the d20.pak file entirely and not just corrupting it. When I fixed the problem I used my DM's d20.pak file because mine was gone. When the rest of our group updated their D20 file was gone as well.

- What is the file size of your d20.pak under \Program Files\Fantasy Grounds II? Not sure, I'll have to check it tonight

Griogre
October 29th, 2007, 19:38
My player who had this problem also did not appear to have a d20.pak file and he was using the lite version. He has had FG1 installed and then upgraded to FG2. As far as I know he has not re-installed FG and thus should have both FG1 & FG2. He has XP not sure if it is Home or Pro.

I'm not 100% sure he didn't have the d20.pak because we did this in a hurry while the rest of the group was waiting and I walked him through copying the pak file I sent him on voice using windows explorer. He didn't mention getting a dialog to copy over and existing file, though.

I was few minutes late on my Friday night game and two of the group hit update apparently wondering if I was running a different version. The person with the full version did not get the error while the one with a lite version did.

Toadwart
October 29th, 2007, 19:41
My player who had this problem also did not appear to have a d20.pak file and he was using the lite version.

I'm not 100% sure he didn't have the d20.pak because we did this in a hurry while the rest of the group was waiting and I walked him through copying the pak file I sent him on voice using windows explorer. He didn't mention getting a dialog to copy over and existing file, though.

Was a player in that game too.
Had done an update the day before but had no problems connecting.
Am using the full version.

Dupre
October 29th, 2007, 20:01
We are looking at a possible scalability issue with our patch server where every once in a while when the load peaks, the update partially fails and the user ends up with a missing pak file. We have done some improvements and we are monitoring the patch process.

Dupre
October 30th, 2007, 11:14
We have not noticed any problems for about 16 hours. While we continue monitoring, please let us know if you get the following issues even after running the updater:

- You get the 'proprietary ruleset'-error when connecting to a standard d20-based game
- You get any errors when starting the local character mode

These are both result of a corrupted or missing d20.pak file, which the updater should resolve.

Cerebr4l
November 1st, 2007, 16:40
Seems like the problem has been fixed. Thanks for jumping on it for us!

Geofferic
November 2nd, 2007, 00:51
Thanks for resolving this!