PDA

View Full Version : SW Ruleset for FGII and Combat Tracker

Senoj
October 29th, 2007, 04:51
I have used FG as a player off and on for a year, but decided to try my hand at using it to run a game. I used to use Klooge for that, but the new features of FGII made me like FG better.

I just bought the SavageWorlds Ruleset today and decided to do some testing. When I start combat, I see all of the combatants on my player pc. I also see Toughness and Parry score of all the NPCs.

Is there something that I need to do in order for Players to be only able to see other players and not NPCs?

I know that sharing Toughness and Parry is a suggestion in the SW book to speed up combat, but like it as an option.

Kalan
October 29th, 2007, 06:08
Sounds like you have the "Die Reveal" code on - ie: When you as the DM roll, the PCs see the rolls.

IIRC correctly - if you turn the die reveal off, it will hide the information from the PCs (the Parry and Toughness, and any NPC related info on the Player side tracker), but the PCs won't see any GM die rolls.

We can look into adding in more "switches" onto the tracker.

Hope that helps!

V

Senoj
October 29th, 2007, 06:28
Thanks, for the response V.

I thought about the /die reveal and /die hide; however, I was not seeing gm dice rolls as a player, but I tried it.

Actually, what I thought was consistently wrong is now inconsistent. I see Parry/Toughness on some of the NPCs, but not on others. I still see them all in Combat Tracker though.

Kalan
October 29th, 2007, 09:09
Hmmm...this sounds odd.

I'll take a look into it a little more on this end then and let you know. As I normally don't run with a player client (doing most work in the GM client), I don't usually see things from the player side.

I'll run some tests on this end and see what I can come up with :)

V

Senoj
October 29th, 2007, 13:53
I *THINK* I figured out the inconsistency.

If you add a WC NPC to the Init Tracker, it will not show Parry/Toughness. If you add a non-WC NPC to the Init Tracker, it will show Parry/Tougness.

Toggling the WC on the NPC while the character is on Init tracker will not add/remove the Parry/Toughness from Init Tracker. The decision to show or not is made at time of adding it to the Init Tracker (which makes perfect sense).

Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Thanks.

Kalan
October 29th, 2007, 14:27
Ahhh...now you mentioned that it rang some bells :D

We have it configured so that only Extras' Parry/Toughness scores show up, and WC's don't. If there is something else you'd rather see, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Senoj
October 29th, 2007, 18:55
Well, glad to know that is functioning as intended.

I would like to see the following options:

1. To have it present like it is now.

2. To have the tracker only show PCs or Friendly NPCs in Combat Tracker. So the PCs will not plan knowing that the evil WC actually has a Black Joker. It will also add to the mystery of who goes when.

3. To have the players not be able to see the tracker. This really adds mystery of who goes when. This will also prevent players from seeing things such as Joker or Level-Headed messages for NPCs. (I probably could figure out how to do this one.)

Thanks for the consideration.