PDA

View Full Version : AD&D Rulesets, 1st and 2nd editon

frogman316
October 28th, 2007, 03:09
Hi, I am looking for a first edition rules set and a second edition rules set for FGII. My friends and I are going to buy a GM copy and 2 lite player copies soon. I have looked at other posts, however it seems that other rules sets are getting more attention that 2nd and 1st edition. Or I could possibly spend the time to do it myself, but I wouldn't know how yet or where to begin.

Thanks,
Frogman316

Blue Haven
October 28th, 2007, 21:21
If you build one ruleset of 1st edition for FG2 just let me know ;)

Astinus
October 29th, 2007, 03:58
I haven't heard of any AD&D rulesets, which was a disappointment to me because that's what I've always played.

However, the Castles and Crusades ruleset is due for release any day now, from Digital Adventures. Not sure how familiar you are with C&C, but it's basically AD&D with a few minor changes to take advantage of the best of 3e: stuff like AC counting up, instead of using THACO.

It's a great simple rule system with a totally AD&D old school flavour. I'm converting my whole AD&D gang to it.

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 15:45
That is good news, I would say. I will have to look into it.:)

Griogre
October 29th, 2007, 20:01
Also, I would not let the d20 ruleset stop you from playing. There is no reason you can't use a d20 character sheet for AD&D. Just leave blank the parts you don't use. The important parts are the Stats, AC and Weapons all of which are useable You will have adjust stat bonuses of course but that is about the only thing automated you will need to override. I would just Include the THAC0 in the Weapon Description ie Long Sword (THAC0 13) - that way when the hit dice are thrown you can see the characters THAC0 right next to the roll.

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 20:07
ok will try that. I found a generic character sheet on the forums, but I think it is for FG2, and I got FG1 off my uncle the other day(he never installed it, something about the campaign game died before it began). I am trying to get a hold of the 2nd edition rules set from Blue Haven for FG1, I might just keep FG1 going if it has that rules set.
Also I might buy FG 2 all by itself and rename my original install of FG1 in program files as something else, so I can have both.

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 22:37
I haven't heard of any AD&D rulesets, which was a disappointment to me because that's what I've always played.

However, the Castles and Crusades ruleset is due for release any day now, from Digital Adventures. Not sure how familiar you are with C&C, but it's basically AD&D with a few minor changes to take advantage of the best of 3e: stuff like AC counting up, instead of using THACO.

It's a great simple rule system with a totally AD&D old school flavour. I'm converting my whole AD&D gang to it.

How do these sets work exactly? Can I get just one and then would everyone be able to use the set? Or would each copy of the software (GM and Lite versions) need a copy of the rule set?

Griogre
October 29th, 2007, 22:44
ok will try that. I found a generic character sheet on the forums, but I think it is for FG2, and I got FG1 off my uncle the other day(he never installed it, something about the campaign game died before it began). I am trying to get a hold of the 2nd edition rules set from Blue Haven for FG1, I might just keep FG1 going if it has that rules set.
Also I might buy FG 2 all by itself and rename my original install of FG1 in program files as something else, so I can have both.
Upgrading to FG2 leaves FG1 intact and you can run either. There is no reason to not upgrade. I am pretty sure there is still an FG1 Generic Ruleset at Four Ugly Monsters you can download.

frogman316
October 30th, 2007, 12:19
That is good. I will have to do that.