PDA

View Full Version : Player cannot login to host game

dpirate
October 25th, 2007, 07:40
I'm new to FGII. My problem is that when a player tries to join, they get a message that there is a proprietary ruleset in use and logs them off.

As the GM I can see them login and immediately logout in the chat box.

After reading some posts, I compared our d20.pak files and found that they are not the same size. I don't understand why that would be the case, as the player just installed FGII tonight and I just installed two days ago. Niether of us has run the d20unpack.exe. The only things I have done:

-- move the Complete SRD files into the modules folder
-- create campaigns and move images and tokens into corresponding campaign folders
-- move tokens into tokens/host folder

We both tried updating FGII (currently v2.1.0). I noticed that when I did this my d20.pak files date/time changed, but the file size stayed at 9,237kb. The players file size is 8,???kb (can't recall just knew it was different).

Thanks for any help

Sgain
October 26th, 2007, 22:00
I don't think you should move the SRD files...of course I don't use them, but I think moving them into the modules folder may be the source of your trouble. Also is the other player using the demo version or the Lite version? This could be the cause of the troubles as I understand that the demo doesn't work with the full version of the game.

good luck!

Sorontar
October 26th, 2007, 22:21
Fairly sure my CSRD stuff was in the module folder before my PC died as they are modules.

I get the distinct feeling that FG2 is a bit dizzy at the moment as lots of these issues have arisen where updates have run without an update being available.

Have you dropped an e-mail to support?

Blue Haven
October 27th, 2007, 00:31
A friend of mine had the same problem :( he tried to connect to me and gets the same error...but i can connect to other ppl...and i don´t moved any files i just have others rulesets beside the D20 but i don´t use them when he connects to my game...

dpirate
October 27th, 2007, 00:47
I don't think you should move the SRD files...of course I don't use them, but I think moving them into the modules folder may be the source of your trouble. Also is the other player using the demo version or the Lite version? This could be the cause of the troubles as I understand that the demo doesn't work with the full version of the game.

good luck!
The player is using FG II v2.1.0 full version. I think this has to do with an updater issue. At least that is what it sounds like after reading several posts.

Thanks

Dupre
October 28th, 2007, 13:09
Can you contact the player in question and ask him to contact us via [email protected]? We'll try to figure out why he hasn't got the latest version of the ruleset.

dpirate
October 28th, 2007, 16:32
Can you contact the player in question and ask him to contact us via [email protected]? We'll try to figure out why he hasn't got the latest version of the ruleset.
I'll pass the info along.

Thanks,
David