PDA

View Full Version : Testing NPC Statblock importer

Weepdrag
June 25th, 2022, 01:43
Is there a template for what needs to be changed or "massaged" after a stat block is copied to a text editor? It mostly works, but TRAITS, ACTIONS, REACTIONS, etc don't parse correctly. I'm sure it's my formatting (or lack thereof)

Thanks,

Zacchaeus
June 25th, 2022, 07:01
See video thirty three here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55797-How-do-I-in-Unity

A lot will depend on what the pdf is like as to how much clean up you'll need to do. At a minimum getting rid of extraneous line breaks, and extra spaces I'd suggest. However there could be other artefacts as well.

LordEntrails
June 26th, 2022, 04:45
I haven't used this importer yet. But experience with other ones for FG and other applications tell me that when you copy out of a PDF, paste into a text editor, like Notepad ++ and not something like MS Word. The text editor will show you hidden characters, which wysiwyg editors will not.

Weepdrag
June 26th, 2022, 04:51
Thanks, crisis averted. I had a few areas that were out of syntax. I can't wait to play with the other importers. Hopefully, a bulk importer for 5e will be developed for NPC's and items at some point now that PAR5E is dead.

Thanks again