PDA

View Full Version : 2 v experienced pnp AD&D players in UK looking for campaign

Groovebaster
October 24th, 2007, 17:21
Folks

I am one of 2 friends living in the UK who are seeking to become involved in a FG AD&D (any edition) campaign. We are both mature (in 30s) and have both been playing pnp AD&D for over 20 years in various guises.

Best case scenario: weekly/bi weekly session in evenings. If there are any suitable campaigns that you could suggest I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks folks :)

Blue Haven
October 28th, 2007, 21:27
Can any of you play as a DM??? maybe we can start something...what do you think of this?
Bye

Beany081
October 29th, 2007, 09:10
Yea if you start a D&D campaign I'd gladly join in if i could.

Blue Haven
October 29th, 2007, 13:47
But we need a DM because i´m a zero at DM...I´m at GMT+0 so it would be cool :)

Beany081
October 29th, 2007, 16:54
Im GMT to but Ive only got the light kit otherwise I'd DM.
:(

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 17:05
I plan on getting FG2, I have just gotten a copy of FG1 from my uncle who bought it but never installed as the game fell apart before it ever started.

Problem is all my adventure I own are 1st edition and I am trying to get at least a 2nd edtion ruleset if not 1st edition, because the rules can be easier to convert than 1st to 3e or 3.5e. I am working with FG1 mainly because I know there was a 2nd edition ruleset floating around the forums, and if I can get it I might not change to FG2. My GMT is I believe +6 or -6 becuase I played Everquest with some people in London and we were 6 hours apart (i.e. it was 4pm my time and 10pm there time when we quit playing). I play mainly early in the morning to early afternoon my time. I am still transfering much of the info from The Temple of Elemental Evil to FG, and I have maps from it in .jpeg already loaded. It's alot of typing right now, and the character sheet is not condusive to 1st or even 2nd edition right now.

So if you are interested in me DMing, we could try to work out a time. I am spending all day today working on getting as much info into FG from my adventure. It goes all the way from ToEE to Queen of the Demonweb Pits. And I can get all the maps on .jpeg (my friend has a copy of Adobe Acrobat Pro, so it's easy to grab all the maps and convert them.) PM me or post here, I'll subscribe to this post.

Beany081
October 29th, 2007, 20:41
I've played temple of elemental evil before and i know it to be a very good. the only problem being I'm only used to the 3.5 edition rule set.

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 20:49
Would you be adverse to learning new rules? I really can't change the whole campaign without a conversion tool and all the rules available. I don't have 3.5 rules set anymore, I sold it to someone who lives in California.

frogman316
October 29th, 2007, 21:07
I was thinking about what I posted earlier, I think it was in poor judgement to ask you to learn a whole new system just to play, you should play what is familiar to you.

Blue Haven
October 30th, 2007, 01:44
Frogman if you´re thinking about playing with the AD&D 1st edition you´re very lucky because i have that ruleset...but once more only for FG1 :)

Blue Haven
October 30th, 2007, 01:49
Let´s go guys!! let´s make a campaign!!! i give frogman the ruleset for 1st edition and we start the fun!!! :D

frogman316
October 30th, 2007, 01:51
Hey that is great news Blue Haven. I am on messenger now if you want to contact me about it and chat. I am currently working on naming all the NPCs in the starting town as we speak. They were left without names in it and I want to rememdy that.

frogman316
October 30th, 2007, 02:12
Ok Blue Haven and I chatted and he will send the ruleset tomorrow. I will possibly have enough done to start on Thursday. If you all could give me the time GMT that is good for you I can work on being set up at that time. If Thursday is too soon let me know. I would like to start soon and then go once a week regularly, this goes through the Temple of Elemental Evil and then Against the Giants ( a 3 part adventure) then Descent into the Depths of the Earth ( 2 part adventure) and then Vault of the Drow (1 part adventure) then Queen of the Demonweb Pits. I am thinking of adding another non-connected module to this as it is for 18+ level characters.

After that we can move onto Castle Greyhawk (adventure for level 0 to 25)
which I believe is a campaign all in itself.

:D

Beany081
October 30th, 2007, 07:44
Im alright with learning the first edition I pick things up quickly so shouldn't have a problem with it. Unluckily Im busy on Thurdays. Any chance that we could play on Friday Evenings?

By the way notice we arranged this campaign in someones post about looking for a game and they haven't replied? :(

frogman316
October 30th, 2007, 10:42
Let's see what Blue Haven says about Fridays then. Any day is good for me. And yes I noticed we set up this campaign in a post made by two people who haven't replied to any of it yet. Weird. :confused:

Groovebaster
October 30th, 2007, 11:47
Folks

(apologies for delay, been working away)
It's very encouraging to see some UK people enthusiastic etc.

Been a while since I have played 1st Edition! I think that is the player's guide with the Efreeti on the front?? LOL. wow...nostalgia !!

The newer Editions do have some benefits, but hey, I loved the simple charm of the old as well...and who really cares what medium is used...it's the story etc that counts in the end :)

I will have a chat with my partner in crime about 1st edition.

Fridays are going to be hard to do on regular basis... Sunday eve is most likely for us I would think, or Wed/Thur eve

frogman316
October 30th, 2007, 12:16
Well at last we should have enough players to start. Ok like I said any day is good for me.

Next Friday (Nov. 9th) I have a doctor's appointment. So that day would have to be scrapped anyway.

Sundays is good too though, well any day, I don't work, I am disabled. (Please don't feel bad for me and say things like"Sorry to hear that", if I want sympathy I'll ask for it ;) ).

When I talked to Blue Haven he said anytime is good for him. So we just have to see if Beany081 can work Sundays in.

I can start on that day as early as 10AM my time (it's GMT -5, at least that is what it is on the forums and the time is in my time as far as when posts are made) so that would be like 3PM Sundays for you guys.

This gives me much more time to work in typing the whole adventure from the book I have.

Oh yes, make sure you connect as FG1 not FG2, the rule set is for FG1. I am not sure if all have to have it though.

If so I will distribute it, when I get it of course.

Beany081
October 30th, 2007, 16:50
Im alright for sunday evenings as long as it aint to late as I have to get up at seven monday mornings :(

Beany081
October 31st, 2007, 08:30
Err you say that we have to connect in FG1 well I have FG2 and can't seem to find where you downlioad FG1. Ill keep looking utif everyone can tell me where to find it please tell me. By the way Im on hotmail to if anyone wants to speak send me yours as a PM and Ill add ye.

frogman316
October 31st, 2007, 15:58
Well someone was telling me in another post that I started that FG2 leaves FG1 intact when you upgrade. I don't know how it works if you had FG2 to begin with. Maybe look in your hard drive--->program files--->Fantasy Grounds folder and see if there is an executable for FG1 and FG2, or maybe you will be able to connect, and the computer will know to start FG1 as that is what we will be playing on. I don't really know.

Valarian
October 31st, 2007, 16:34
People who bought Fantasy Grounds after the release of Fantasy Grounds II may not have version 1 of the software. While it's true that there was a free upgrade from version 1 to version 2, there is no backward release of FG1 for new users of FG2.

Beany081
October 31st, 2007, 16:59
kk thanks. :(

Blue Haven
October 31st, 2007, 17:03
No problem Beany :) your problem will be resolved ;)
I guess we will play on FG1 :) Frogman or me will send you the program install so that you can connect to us :)
See you ;)

Beany081
November 4th, 2007, 15:43
Hey again I say we seem to be arranging a campaign in a post ment to be finding a campaign for some folks but they've gone quiet?

Blue Haven
November 4th, 2007, 16:15
Yeah!!! lol where are you guys???