PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - Temporal Fixation

MeAndUnique
June 20th, 2022, 22:43
Current Version: 1.0.6

Temporal Fixation provides the following effects when used with with any ruleset based based on CoreRPG:

AFTERTURN - Locks the bearer's initiative to be the same as the target, or source if there is not a single a target, of the effect. And ensures that the bearer of the effect immediately precedes the target in turn order.
BEFORETURN - Locks the bearer's initiative to be the same as the target, or source if there is not a single a target, of the effect. And ensures that the bearer of the effect immediately follows the target in turn order.
SHARETURN - Locks the bearer's initiative to be the same as the target, or source if there is not a single a target, of the effect. And ensures that the bearer of the effect immediately precedes the target in turn order. When it becomes the bearer of the effect's turn any start of turn effects are activated as normal and then the turn skips to the target of the effect. When the turn ends for the target of the effect any end of turn effects for the bearer are activated as well.
FIXINIT: n - Locks the bearer's initiative to be n, where n is any number.

When used in D&D 5e, NPCs are given an initiative field on their sheets that may be used for rolling a specific NPCs initiative. Additionally, there is an extra "Roll ALL" option for "Combat: Auto NPC Initiative" which results in dice being physically rolled for any initiative operation on the Combat Tracker as well as any relevant effects or other extension initiative operation to be handled accordingly.

Check it out on The Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/692/view) or at GitHub (https://github.com/MeAndUnique/TemporalFixation) and please let me know if you have any comments or concerns.
Hope it helps!

If you wish to buy me a coffee (https://ko-fi.com/meandunique), I would be extremely grateful. Though please don't feel any pressure or obligation to do so!

Dudin
June 21st, 2022, 13:17
It still has that new extension smell...

anathemort
June 23rd, 2022, 18:53
Works really well, a great assistance as always! An extra nicety would be to bundle the new effects on the custom effects window, too. I am preferring the effects there rather than the leader's character sheet for less clutter and repetition.

MeAndUnique
June 27th, 2022, 11:25
Works really well, a great assistance as always! An extra nicety would be to bundle the new effects on the custom effects window, too. I am preferring the effects there rather than the leader's character sheet for less clutter and repetition.

I'll have to think about how to approach that. I wouldn't want the extension to force the effects, since that window is typically the purview of modules that the user chooses to load or not independently.

MeAndUnique
June 27th, 2022, 11:25
Just released v1.0.1 which fixes some inconsistencies with SHARETURN functionality.

mattekure
July 12th, 2022, 23:11
Todays FG update impacted this extension. Adding an NPC to the combat tracker throws an error.

MrDDT
July 12th, 2022, 23:14
Wow this is nice EXT. Thanks for the work you put into all these EXTs.

TomtheBu
July 16th, 2022, 11:06
Thank you very much @MeAndUnique for this very nice extension. I love the feature for player controlled npcs to roll their own iniative. Since the update I recognized, that the initiative bonus isnīt saved in npc reords any longer. When I change the initiative bonus and close the record, the change isnīt saved when I open the NPC record the next time.

Tested in a new campaign with just the temporal fixation ext.

MeAndUnique
July 16th, 2022, 14:30
Thank you very much @MeAndUnique for this very nice extension. I love the feature for player controlled npcs to roll their own iniative. Since the update I recognized, that the initiative bonus isnīt saved in npc reords any longer. When I change the initiative bonus and close the record, the change isnīt saved when I open the NPC record the next time.

Tested in a new campaign with just the temporal fixation ext.

Sorry, clearly I overlooked that when upsetting for the latest version. I'll work on getting that up and running properly again as soon as I get back from vacation.

TomtheBu
July 17th, 2022, 16:17
Sorry, clearly I overlooked that when upsetting for the latest version. I'll work on getting that up and running properly again as soon as I get back from vacation.

Thank you for the fast reply. There is absolutely no reason to apologize. Have a great vacation and thank you again for your great extensions :)

Rad80
July 20th, 2022, 08:45
So... how would I set it up for, say a 5e beastmaster ranger? Do I get a SHARETURN on the ranger? How should I specify the target?

anathemort
July 20th, 2022, 17:00
So... how would I set it up for, say a 5e beastmaster ranger? Do I get a SHARETURN on the ranger? How should I specify the target?

SHARETURN if you want the companion to be ahead of the ranger. I use AFTERTURN. Here's how it looks:

You can make the effect a power from the PC's action sheet and let them put it on the companion, or you can add it yourself. I have added the effects to the custom effects list so I can put them on anyone, anytime.

If the PC is "active" in the combat tracker (initiative and round has started and it's their turn), the target of the effect will be them. If not, you can open the effects view in the CT and drag the targeting indicator onto the desired target. That sets the "Targeted by X" text and is what this extension needs.

MrDDT
July 20th, 2022, 17:34

Apply the effect from who you want to shareturn with. (or whatever with)

So say Jimmy the Wizard has a pet Bat that shares his turn.
You would make an effect on Jimmy's sheet in action tab, target the Bat, and click the effect to apply "SHARETURN".

Then you good to go.

BlazingAzureCrow
July 28th, 2022, 05:24
Tested in a campaign with only this extension and Better Combat Effects, if a creature (or multiple) have ongoing saves on them (like SAVEE: WIS 16, for example), they fire when they're supposed to, then also when a new round starts on the combat tracker.

rhagelstrom
July 28th, 2022, 13:58
Tested in a campaign with only this extension and Better Combat Effects, if a creature (or multiple) have ongoing saves on them (like SAVEE: WIS 16, for example), they fire when they're supposed to, then also when a new round starts on the combat tracker.

Thanks. This is known and I have a proposed fix.

MeAndUnique
July 29th, 2022, 14:43
Just released version 1.0.3 with the SHARETURN fix.

rocketvaultgames
August 13th, 2022, 21:15
Love this extension... just ran into an issue with using SHARETURN in conjuction with Aura Effect by bmos (FORGE):

The aura effects to grant ferocity (Capital Gains) do no not work at the beginning of the shared turn (nor any other time).

On Companion: AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
On Enemy within 5 ft.: FROMAURA; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity

It works with BEFORETURN and AFTERTURN, but SHARETURN seems to skip it.

It does still roll the 1d4 and add that ferocity, but doesn't care about the auras for nearby hostiles.

MeAndUnique
August 13th, 2022, 22:42
Love this extension... just ran into an issue with using SHARETURN in conjuction with Aura Effect by bmos (FORGE):

The aura effects to grant ferocity (Capital Gains) do no not work at the beginning of the shared turn (nor any other time).

On Companion: AURA: 5 foe; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity
On Enemy within 5 ft.: FROMAURA; Grant Ferocity; IF: FACTION(notself); SGRANTS: 1 Ferocity

It works with BEFORETURN and AFTERTURN, but SHARETURN seems to skip it.

It does still roll the 1d4 and add that ferocity, but doesn't care about the auras for nearby hostiles.

Thanks for reporting! Should fixed fixed with v2.1.6 of Capital Gains.

MeAndUnique
August 13th, 2022, 22:47
Unrelated, just released v1.0.4 with a fix for the FIXINIT effect.

MeAndUnique
August 22nd, 2022, 22:38
Just released version 1.0.5 with some general stability improvements.

rocketvaultgames
August 26th, 2022, 06:15
There seems to be an issue with SHARETURN where CTRL-Click to target either a token or a CT entry can target both entities who's turns are shared with 1 click. Attempts to un-target in every way I can think of do not work to come to a conclusion of just 1 instance of each of the 2 being targeted.

Sincerely appreciate your continued help.

MeAndUnique
August 26th, 2022, 17:54
There seems to be an issue with SHARETURN where CTRL-Click to target either a token or a CT entry can target both entities who's turns are shared with 1 click. Attempts to un-target in every way I can think of do not work to come to a conclusion of just 1 instance of each of the 2 being targeted.

Sincerely appreciate your continued help.

Hmmm, that certainly is odd. I'm having difficulty reproducing that behavior though in a test campaign with only Temporal Fixation loaded, so it may be a conflict between two. If you're able to isolate either a set of steps that cause it to happen or identify a conflicting extension I'd be happy to take a look.

humby
September 11th, 2022, 10:29
When using this extension in a 5E campaign, there's a minor display issue with the speed field in the NPC sheet in that if the field contains enough text to require more than 1 line then the field will increase in height but the items below don't move down, causing the speed field to be rendered underneath the items lower down:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54332&stc=1&d=1662888484

MeAndUnique
September 11th, 2022, 16:02
When using this extension in a 5E campaign, there's a minor display issue with the speed field in the NPC sheet in that if the field contains enough text to require more than 1 line then the field will increase in height but the items below don't move down, causing the speed field to be rendered underneath the items lower down:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54332&stc=1&d=1662888484

Thanks for reporting, I'll see what I can do to get that fixed up.

Hussar
December 2nd, 2022, 13:29
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Exactly how do I use this? How do I link one token to the other?

mattekure
December 2nd, 2022, 14:42
Sorry, I'm a little confused. Exactly how do I use this? How do I link one token to the other?

This confused me at first too, but its really simple.

In my scenario, I have an Aarakocra that should always come immediately AFTER the testPC. So on the Aarakocra, I add the effect "AFTERTURN". Then, on that effect line there is a targeting box. Drag that targeting box to testPC, so the effect now shows "Targets: testPC". then whenever you run initiative, the Aarakocra will come after the testPC.

https://i.imgur.com/8gu44dv.png

Lexi the Red
February 28th, 2023, 07:28
FIXINIT and the house rule "Combat: Roll init each round" do not play nice together. The other effects, AFTERTURN, BEFORETURN, and SHARETURN all keep the correct initiative when it is re-rolled at the start each round. However, FIXINIT does not, a creature with this effect on it seems to roll initiative as normal, though it cannot be adjusted manually or rerolled from the sheet. Changing the number on the effect on the CT resets the initiative to the correct number, as does toggling the effect to 'SKIP' or 'OFF' then back to 'ON'. The only exception to this is if "Combat: Auto NPC initiative" is set to 'Roll All'. In that case it places the creature with the FIXINIT effect into the correct order on the CT (for example with FIXINIT: 20 it will put anything with an initiative above 20 before it on the combat tracker, and those with lower initiatives under it), but it displays the initiative as 10000 (maybe bigger, but it cuts off). Also, the turn marker will be on the creature with FIXINIT, even if other creatures have a higher initiative. Interestingly enough the same behavior occurs for both PCs and NPCs with FIXINIT.

MeAndUnique
March 1st, 2023, 20:43
FIXINIT and the house rule "Combat: Roll init each round" do not play nice together. The other effects, AFTERTURN, BEFORETURN, and SHARETURN all keep the correct initiative when it is re-rolled at the start each round. However, FIXINIT does not, a creature with this effect on it seems to roll initiative as normal, though it cannot be adjusted manually or rerolled from the sheet. Changing the number on the effect on the CT resets the initiative to the correct number, as does toggling the effect to 'SKIP' or 'OFF' then back to 'ON'. The only exception to this is if "Combat: Auto NPC initiative" is set to 'Roll All'. In that case it places the creature with the FIXINIT effect into the correct order on the CT (for example with FIXINIT: 20 it will put anything with an initiative above 20 before it on the combat tracker, and those with lower initiatives under it), but it displays the initiative as 10000 (maybe bigger, but it cuts off). Also, the turn marker will be on the creature with FIXINIT, even if other creatures have a higher initiative. Interestingly enough the same behavior occurs for both PCs and NPCs with FIXINIT.

Thanks for reporting, I'll work on getting a fix out as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.

MeAndUnique
March 15th, 2023, 17:38
Just released version 1.0.6 which has fixes for handling initiative being rerolled each round as well as using the menu to reroll.

MrDDT
March 15th, 2023, 17:51
Awesome thanks

Ecks
April 23rd, 2023, 04:02
Great extension, thank you!

Not sure if this is expected or not, but I noticed that when using SHARETURN that the initiative order shown in the combat tracker on the GM and player instances seems to be different if multiple PCs have the same initiative in 5E - Screenshot (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57125&). On the GM instance (left) the Companion shows up immediately before the SHARETURN target (B Player). However, on the player instance the order is shown differently.

5E ruleset, Temporal Fixation v1.0.6.

MeAndUnique
April 24th, 2023, 15:51
Thanks for reporting, I'll take a look.

Ilvander
May 11th, 2023, 17:30
This extension looks neat, but it's not working for me. I downloaded it off Forge, which says I own it, but I can't see it in my extensions folder nor as a selectable option on the campaign load menu. I'm not sure what my next step would be to troubleshoot this issue.

MrDDT
May 11th, 2023, 18:29
This extension looks neat, but it's not working for me. I downloaded it off Forge, which says I own it, but I can't see it in my extensions folder nor as a selectable option on the campaign load menu. I'm not sure what my next step would be to troubleshoot this issue.

Make sure to update FGU to get items off the forge.

The file name should be "TemporalFixation.ext".
The Extensions option to turn it on should be "Feature: Temporal Fixation".
Make sure you are using it in a 5E campaign.

Ilvander
May 11th, 2023, 18:31
Make sure to update FGU to get items off the forge.

The file name should be "TemporalFixation.ext".
The Extensions option to turn it on should be "Feature: Temporal Fixation".
Make sure you are using it in a 5E campaign.

Update FGU after downloading -- that's what I was missing. Thanks!

hazeyindahead
May 28th, 2023, 18:45
Hello, when I use AFTERTURN the bearer ends up being placed in the CT before the target, see pic

Maldev
October 18th, 2023, 23:34
Win 10
D&D 4E
16g Ram
No other extensions loaded

G'day there.
I just noticed that with the Feature: Temporal Fixation extension loaded, the initiative modifier of all monsters is changed to zero once they are added to the tracker.

Now it took me ages to notice this, until one day I wondered why my monsters were sucking at initiative (lol)
The other features of the ext work fine.
Cheers
Screenshot example included