PDA

View Full Version : ease of finding games?

mf2
October 24th, 2007, 00:57
Hey there,

Considering buying, but was wondering if it was hard to find games. For example I looked at the calendar page, and the games that were listed as open had like 27 people trying to get in them (or at least that's how I interpreted it). Also, I noticed it's not MAC compatible, so I'd have to use it on my older PC (700 Mhz processor, 512 MB RAM), so wasn't sure if it would run well on an older machine. FYI my gaming interests are rather limited as of now to D&D, as I havent played in a LONG time and would like to get into it before I dabble in new RPG's. Also, if I get a new computer, would I just be able to install it on my new machine, or would I have to buy another download/license?

Any info/advice would be appreciated.

VgnFrnd
October 24th, 2007, 04:19
I can't help you with the computer stuff or the license stuff, but I can say that I usually see at least two games a week advertised here in the forum. Sometimes, four or five will crop up in a week. By far, most of them are varieties of D&D, so your interests should be well served.

But watch out, you may discover that you have joined a Savage Worlds game before you fully realize what you've done.... :D

Griogre
October 24th, 2007, 05:24
You can't delete a game from the calendar page so there are a ton of dead games there. A better gauge of finding a game is going through the Guild House forum where people advertise for game. Take a look at the dates and number of posts and you will get an idea of how often games start and what type they are.

D&D is by far the most popular game.

Hamish
October 24th, 2007, 18:26
About the hardware requirements; the thing most PCs have trouble with is the video card. It needs to support DirectX 9, if I'm not mistaken. So as long as your PC does that, I don't think it'll be necessary to buy a new one.

The license issue I'm less sure about. I think officially once you've used the license code on one machine, you're not allowed to use it on another, but I'm not sure if it mentions replacements anywhere in the license agreement.

Sorontar
October 24th, 2007, 18:37
The code should work on another machine although technically you should have one per machine. Its in the FAQ (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_lice nse_1).

FG cannot tell if it has been installed on another machine just that the key is only being used once in any given game.

Ooo a new title YAY ME :)

Oberoten
October 24th, 2007, 22:04
Welcome to the nobility.

Waldo Pepper
October 26th, 2007, 07:19
In terms of finding games, a lot depends on your time zone and you're available times. In general though there are a lot more players than GMs so if you're willing to actually run a game you're almost guaranteed to find players.