PDA

View Full Version : Way to allow players to use NPC in combat tracker

neobahamutdragon
October 22nd, 2007, 17:00
I am trying to give some npcs control to the player but when i put them to combat tracker it doesnt work. Is there any way i can do than. Also when i put the npc out of the tracker players can create movement arrows which as a dm i cant. Any suggestions.

Sigurd
October 22nd, 2007, 17:37
I think at this point you would have to stat out the NPC as a player, clear the ownership of that NPC, then allow the player to take the NPC as a character.

Sigurd

neobahamutdragon
October 22nd, 2007, 19:19
Can i player get more than one character. I havent play as a player so I am curios. And Thank you for your answer

Sigurd
October 22nd, 2007, 19:40
YES!

That is the biggest difference between FG1 and 2 (IMHO)

Even if you are DM try starting a second instance of FG and sign into your own machine (127.0.0.1) as a player. You can make more complete NPC's etc... Only you have to release the ownership of them before you can give them to players.

Then they can summon up the NPC as a second character.

Its still a little cludgy from the DM's perspective but at least you can stat familiars, followers, retainers etc.....

Sigurd

Astinus
October 22nd, 2007, 19:48
In order to control the second character, the player also needs to open a second instance of FGII, right?

Griogre
October 22nd, 2007, 21:04
No one instance of FG as a player can open as many character as he wants. The only reason for the GM to open another instance is to see what a player can do.

When I have a missing player I normally free the character and have another player open it even if I am going to run it because that allows it to be used by the combat tracker and easily opened with the ring in the top left.

For a client to open a second character just open up the list of characters and double click on the ones you want to open. You shift which is the active character by right clicking on the top left ring and selecting something like make active or activate - I forget the exact wording.

Dachannien
October 22nd, 2007, 23:34
In order to control the second character, the player also needs to open a second instance of FGII, right?

As Griogre mentioned, players can open up a (presumably) unlimited number of characters. This means that if you have a regularly-scheduled game session, and one of your players can't make it for a session, then another player can open and use their character sheet.

In order to do this, though, the DM will have to clear ownership of the character, which simply involves going to the character list, right-clicking the appropriate character, and picking the "clear ownership" option.

Griogre
October 23rd, 2007, 00:02
Yeah, just be careful if you are the DM. That is the drop down that also deletes the character - you wouldn't want to do that by mistake. :p

Astinus
October 23rd, 2007, 04:28
LOL. That would make a very unpopular GM. Thanks for the tips.