PDA

View Full Version : Official Dune 2d20 Bug Report Thread

superteddy57
June 7th, 2022, 16:32
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

pord
June 7th, 2022, 20:21
So more feedback that bugs:

Price:
For such a big price hike compared to the print version it needs a bit more polish to give a complete product. Especially since most rulesets are similar price on FG to the print. Even some other 2d20 ones such as conan are only asking for $44.

So to add onto this:
Image names - should be named more searchable and to do with the image not just Image001, Image002 etc. This would make it easier to find and use on the fly.

Assets - There is a lack of images to the assets to be used in duels, intrigue etc which I know modiphius has access to and should have provided along with this to you for use. I know that all assets listed with A have an A with some other tiny icons (assasin and artillary)... doesnt look good or easy to distinguish.
Conflicts - More images/assets to use such as fonts, boxes, arrows, background images etc to make it a more complete product and consistent for players and campaigns. Again Modiphius could have provided these. Such as the text box on used within the conflicts in agents of dune etc. Lines used for zones etc can be added as brushes.
Dice - Remove the unnecessary dice at the bottom... if we do not need them, remove them.
Languages - ok this is a harder one and could be a little harder for you to implement. However there are more languages within the dune world - perhaps added in the future. (Not needed but could be nice).

Character sheets and rolling look and work well.
Most of the overall look and feel works well and consistent with colours etc - so close as shown above.
Threat and momentum looks good at the bottom and easy to use, as well as the challange etc.

superteddy57
June 7th, 2022, 20:26
Thanks for the feedback and I will take those into consideration.

ddavison
June 7th, 2022, 20:51
Thanks for the feedback. We will ask to see if there are any more assets than what they provided us.

So more feedback that bugs:

Price:
For such a big price hike compared to the print version it needs a bit more polish to give a complete product. Especially since most rulesets are similar price on FG to the print. Even some other 2d20 ones such as conan are only asking for $44.

Regarding the price, this is not a price hike from the physical price, which is $57 USD on Modiphius' site. Our publishers primarily set or approve the pricing and this was the suggested price for the product. We will certainly pass on the feedback on the price.

The other issues are things we can look into from our side.

Atreides Ghola
June 8th, 2022, 11:27
Hey,

In the reference manual, the subheading for Introduction is misspelled Introducn.

superteddy57
June 8th, 2022, 11:28
Thanks I will get that sorted.

Atreides Ghola
June 9th, 2022, 18:44
Hey, don't know if this is intentional or not, but it seems like Players have access to everything in the Campaign folders - so Assets, Encounters, Houses, Images, NPCs, Operations, Story, and Tables.

superteddy57
June 9th, 2022, 19:16
I'm going to assume the campaign folders meaning the records in the sidebar. The core rulebook does have Assets, Houses, NPCs, and tables freely available as they may need access to this data through the course of play. I see no harm in having images also accessible as well. I'm not aware of any story entries or operations even created in the module. As for normal creation during play by the GM, they shouldn't be able to access that data unless it is shared by the GM. If this is not what you are seeing, then I need examples and some images of what you are seeing to investigate.

Atreides Ghola
June 9th, 2022, 21:43
No, that's fine - I don't see too much problem with it either - just noticed as I've been sitting here entering the Agents of Dune info for my game tonight.

Still really impressed with the whole thing, and what a surprise!

Are there any plans to include further content - like the short adventures that have been published, Sand and Dust or Agents of Dune and Masters of Dune (when it comes out)?

I'd understand if not, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm one of two who's purchased it. :p

pord
June 10th, 2022, 17:09
Archetype: Strategist missing Primary Attribute

superteddy57
June 10th, 2022, 17:20
Archetype: Strategist missing Primary Attribute

A fix will be pushed with the weekly update.

superteddy57
June 10th, 2022, 19:43
Pushed as a hotfix instead.

timdog88
June 10th, 2022, 21:29
As I read through the core rulebook, I have noticed that many times when a phrase is set apart with apostrophes, such as 'this', that the first letter in that word or phrase is missing. It doesnt make the meaning unclear, so its not a big deal, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

superteddy57
June 10th, 2022, 21:40
Please if you can let me know what would be missing if you can. I will try and do a search through the data and see if I can find them. There might be some delay in pushing a fix for this as there may be some ruleset updates incoming that will lock everything down for a bit. Thank for bringing it to my attention.

timdog88
June 11th, 2022, 16:19
The section that I was reading was the rules on combat, and I noticed it mainly in the bolded example text

timdog88
June 11th, 2022, 16:19
Just checking- are there any pregenerated characters in this module?

superteddy57
June 11th, 2022, 19:40
Thanks for the assist on those typos. There are no pregen characters. What you could do is check out any of the NPC characters for a quick character, but these don't follow the standard rules in creation from what I could see. The only one technically that would be a pregen would be Kara, the example character they used to show how a character is created.

redba
June 17th, 2022, 21:44
Hi guys,
love the work and I fall in love with the mood of the theme!!

I noticed follow points:

1) Party Sheet >> Check padding from text line for Homeworld, House Type and Traits (I increase image to /scaleui 150 but I tested till /scaleui 90)

2) Houses Entry >> The word Background overcomes the edges of the button

3) NPC Entry >> The word Communicate overcomes the edges of the label

4) NPC Entry >> ID Button and Locked/Unlocked buttons are really too close to each other

5) Pin bar >> The number of shortcut is absolutely illegible I think a light color is really better

As always great work!!
Thank you guys..

redba
June 17th, 2022, 21:59
Noticed even another padding bug on Charsheet for HOUSE, ARCHETYPE, AMBITION and TRAITS when Faction and Role seems ok (my standard setup is scaleui 90)

superteddy57
June 17th, 2022, 22:21
Thank you for the reports. The underline issues will have to be discussed as those are CoreRPG templates being used. I will add the rest to my list to look over.

Cailore
July 11th, 2022, 20:54
When I add PCs to the House Sheet for roles it seems to give them a random icon instead of using either their portrait or token.
https://caithegm.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/dunebug1.png

superteddy57
July 11th, 2022, 21:53
Can you provide a copy of your campaign with this happening? I need to see the campaign's xml

vegaserik
October 29th, 2022, 08:06
When I try to put in a character the Drives and Skills won't change for me. But when I /reload it changes. Example if I start at 4 and click the up arrow 4 times nothing happens on the sheet, but after a /reload it'll show 8 instead of 4. I have no extensions running and it's fully updated.

vegaserik
October 29th, 2022, 08:52
I notice if I hit Notes - or Desc on NPC's - it's correct when I come back to the stats.

superteddy57
October 29th, 2022, 20:26
I will be pushing a fix for this and update for how all the controls are updated with the weekly update.

vegaserik
November 1st, 2022, 20:09
A bunch of errors pop up when I hit the plus for a new character sheet.

superteddy57
November 1st, 2022, 20:24
Pushed a fix for this. Please run the updater again.

vegaserik
November 2nd, 2022, 01:23
Thank you for your work!! I for one appreciate everything you do!

iolarion
February 25th, 2023, 09:52
Hello, when dragging and dropping an asset token from a character in the combat tracker to an image (i.e. duel) an the following erro message is showed in the console.

superteddy57
February 25th, 2023, 13:30
I will have to see the character in question, can you export the character and share it here? Also need to know which asset you were trying to drag and drop as well to replicate and see where the break down is located.

iolarion
February 25th, 2023, 19:15
Hello, thank you very much for your response, I attach the character.
The assets were the blade and the shield, personal.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvclHLLpKDSviN5DaUMvtsrB7DvSIw?e=gcLLw0

Kind regards.

superteddy57
February 25th, 2023, 22:47
Thank you for the character, I'll run some tests with it and see why you were running into that error.

iolarion
March 4th, 2023, 09:55
Good morning.

When I open a NPC I have the following error message

3/4/2023 10:52:41 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Dune:campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:20: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

I edit: It is not possible to give a quality value for the minor NPC's. It is not possible to assign drives values to the major or notable NPC's
Regards

superteddy57
March 4th, 2023, 13:51
Pushed a hotfix to address this issue.

iolarion
March 4th, 2023, 13:55
Thank you very much, again.

Kind regards.

shrewantics
March 17th, 2023, 13:04
Hi just got myself the Dune ruleset today and when i try to load an NPC the following errors comes up...

[3/17/2023 11:57:32 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.1244301 - Harvesters of Dune
[3/17/2023 11:58:20 AM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (Dune) (W:npc_header) (campaign/scripts/npc_header.lua)
[3/17/2023 11:58:20 AM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (link_record_header_id) in class (npc_header)
[3/17/2023 11:58:20 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Dune:campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
[3/17/2023 11:58:20 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Dune:campaign/scripts/npc.lua"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

have run the update several times, many thanks

superteddy57
March 17th, 2023, 14:23
There is quite a bit wrong with what you posted, but it's best to compile logs and present them here so I can investigate things a bit further. I pushed another update to ensure the latest update was pushed correctly through the patch system. If it's still causing issues, you may need to remove the ruleset file from your vault folder and push a fresh download of the ruleset.

shrewantics
March 17th, 2023, 15:15
That update seemed to work, many thanks for your quick reply.

superteddy57
March 17th, 2023, 15:34
Super, have fun!

CthulhuRol
July 18th, 2023, 12:34
Hello
I comment a small bug in the design of one of the options.

Inside the "Party Sheet", when you create a primary or secondary domain, and you want to edit the list to delete an entry, the "delete" button is hidden by the "type" window and does not let you interact with it.

The solution is easy, since you can activate the entry with the secondary mouse button and thus delete it.

It is not serious, but if you can solve it, it helps to all the functionalities of the ruleset.

Thanks and best regards.

superteddy57
July 18th, 2023, 19:31
Pushed a fix for this with the weekly update

CthulhuRol
July 18th, 2023, 21:22
Thank you very much.
One more thing, is it normal that when I load the reference manual and access the tables, they appear blank?

superteddy57
July 18th, 2023, 21:33
Pushed a hotfix, please attempt another update and test again.

CthulhuRol
July 19th, 2023, 03:31
Hi
I get the following errors, but I don't know if it is because I am doing something wrong. I don't understand the concept of operations and their use in the ruleset.
1.- I have created an operation and when I drag it to the "Espionage" window of the "Party Sheet" I get the following error:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "W:ps_espionage_entry"]:23: attempt to index global 'zonesicon' (a nil value)

2.- With the operation loaded in the "Party Sheet", if I click on the "Space and Reach" option, I get the following error:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "W:ps_espionage_entry"]:23: attempt to index global 'zonesicon' (a nil value)

3.- One last thing, would it be possible to move a little the text that appears in the chat so that it does not coincide with the border of the chat? Sometimes the text is not seen correctly

Thank you very much
Regards

superteddy57
July 19th, 2023, 09:23
A hotfix was pushed to resolve these.

CthulhuRol
July 19th, 2023, 12:33
A hotfix was pushed to resolve these.

Incredible. Thank you so much for the quick resolution of all the problems.

GregRex
August 30th, 2023, 13:02
I ran into 2 NPC record bugs this morning.

-The Skill 'Communication' text is getting cut off regardless of the record size.

-The 'Desc' field is not editable.

I have images but the forums are not accepting them as attachments for me at the moment.

superteddy57
August 30th, 2023, 14:44
I have updated the code to be ready for the next LIVE push.

Moon Wizard
August 30th, 2023, 17:03
This fix has been pushed to Live as part of various hot fixes we're doing this week with the new theming release.

Regards,
JPG

Santyagoffg
September 6th, 2023, 16:47
J just bought Dune but it seems to be totally folty. I cannot use NPC and pregens due to errors. Archetypes and Fractions resurces are empty. It will be nice if someone responsible for this product do something as soon as possible.

Moon Wizard
September 6th, 2023, 17:23
I'm not seeing that on my install. (see video)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c5mb0EMq1BJaJlk5_zDRPsc0jSpIkCRc/view?usp=sharing

Can you provide more details, such as steps you are following to see the errors?

Regards,
JPG

Santyagoffg
September 6th, 2023, 17:47
I am not new in FG and I know how to arrange new session. I just try to look thru Dune but instead of content I found some problems:

superteddy57
September 6th, 2023, 18:14
There looks to be an issue with the campaign as it's showing the new CoreRPG base theme instead of the ruleset theme. Many of those errors appear to be associated with your CoreRPG ruleset may have issues. I would suggest going to your ruleset folder and removing the CoreRPG.pak file and then doing another update to download a fresh copy of that ruleset.

Santyagoffg
September 6th, 2023, 18:22
I just done what you suggest and problem is solved. Thank you for quick reaction.

superteddy57
September 6th, 2023, 18:24
My pleasure! Happy gaming!

CthulhuRol
March 16th, 2024, 15:42
Good afternoon:
When I drop the House record in the group sheet the program responds me with an error.
Am I doing something wrong?

superteddy57
March 16th, 2024, 23:08
Pushed a hotfix to address this

CthulhuRol
March 28th, 2024, 02:21
Hi Dominic:
I am trying several things on the CT. To see both views, I have launched two instances of Fantasy Grounds. So I can play both GM and player at the same time.

In the player view, when I am in the combat tracker and I want to see the "Permanent Assets" of the opponent I get an error in the console.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..section_permassets:maplinks"]:6: createChild: Invalid argument 1

CthulhuRol
March 28th, 2024, 02:36
Sorry.
I have found another strange "bug". I'm working with two instances of Fantasy Grounds to learn how the GM and player views work.

I have decided to experiment with "Support Characters" and when I drag an NPC to the PC tab, it is added, but it automatically deletes the NPC's name.

The strange thing is that in the player view, the NPC's name is displayed correctly.

It may be that online it works. I have not been able to check if it happens from two different machines.

I take advantage of the report to ask if the support mechanism is implemented. That is, is there any way for a player to roll a die to add the success to another player's roll?.

Thanks

superteddy57
March 28th, 2024, 03:05
pushed a hotfix for this issue.

CthulhuRol
March 28th, 2024, 13:50
Sorry Dominic, but I continue with the two issues.
I tryed a new campaign and both bugs are presented.
Thks

superteddy57
March 28th, 2024, 15:30
That was in response to the first report you made. I'm looking into the other.

Moon Wizard
March 28th, 2024, 19:27
@CthulhuRol,

I've just pushed an application quick fix to address the disappearing name issue. Can you please run a new Check for Updates, and try again?

Thanks,
JPG

CthulhuRol
March 28th, 2024, 19:41
Thks Dominic.
The disappearing name issue is fixed.

But regarding my previous post, I still have the error in concole when I try to show the assets in CT. The error appear in GM View (console) when the player open asset in CT.

The error has changed, and now is the fllowing:
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "Dune:scripts/manager_actor_dune.lua"]:20: attempt to index field 'cList' (a nil value)

Previously was:
[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C:..section_permassets:maplinks"]:6: createChild: Invalid argument 1

superteddy57
March 28th, 2024, 21:18
I've pushed a hotfix to address the error. There appears to be more work needing to be done for players to see other players assets at this time, but they should be able to see NPC assets moving forward. I will need more time in getting the other party members' assets visible on the client combat tracker. On the GM side everything is available and updates correctly.

CthulhuRol
March 28th, 2024, 23:44
Sounds good, Dominic.
Thank you very much for your effort, dedication and quick response to our requests.
It's a fantastic ruleset, and all the better thanks to you.