PDA

View Full Version : Now Available - Dune 2d20

ddavison
June 7th, 2022, 16:22
This is the 2nd ruleset by our own SuperTeddy. It uses a lot of the same core concepts from the 2d20 Fallout ruleset, but is customized for Dune and the unique mechanics of that system.

Get it here on the fantasygrounds.com site
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=MUH052162FG

Get it on Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2016310/Fantasy_Grounds__Dune_Adventures_in_the_Imperium/

Egheal
June 7th, 2022, 20:01
Thanks a lot Dominic Morta for all this Modiphius love! I hope you could someday give us Star Trek :rolleyes:

superteddy57
June 7th, 2022, 20:03
I'm am happy to provide as many as they let me do. Happy gaming! Hope you have many adventures!

Valyar
June 7th, 2022, 20:18
Congratulations! :) Happy to see more 2d20 stuffs on FG. Now we need to fix the problematic child :)

sirkerry
June 8th, 2022, 16:49
I'm am happy to provide as many as they let me do. Happy gaming! Hope you have many adventures!

Any chance of an Achtung! Cthulhu or Mutant Chronicles ruleset?

ddavison
June 8th, 2022, 17:22
Any chance of an Achtung! Cthulhu or Mutant Chronicles ruleset?

It's possible.

We are weighing the amount of effort involved with each one, how much reuse we can get from one ruleset to the other, and how profitable they are (or aren't).

timdog88
June 9th, 2022, 17:48
So i purchased and downloaded the ruleset. What ruleset should I open if i want to use this? When I open the Dune ruleset to start a campaign, I'm not getting the background like I see in the pictures and it doesnt look like I have the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

superteddy57
June 9th, 2022, 17:51
Can you provide screen shots of what you are seeing?

Have you attempted to look over these reference materials in the wiki on how to get started?
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996639260/Quick+Start+Guides

ddavison
June 9th, 2022, 17:51
Hello Tim,

Make sure you don't have any other themes selected when you load the ruleset if you want to use the default, built-in theme.

timdog88
June 9th, 2022, 18:55
Yes, that was the problem thanks

Lo Zeno
June 10th, 2022, 13:34

If they let you create a Dishonored one as well, I would be willing to sacrifice a goat to whatever idol is best suited

timdog88
June 10th, 2022, 14:22
This ruleset is really well done imo. I really like that opening a blank character sheet defaults to a character creation wizard, I think that’s really intuitive and neat. I hope I can find time to run some games with this soon

pord
June 10th, 2022, 17:03
Started to work on putting Agents of dune on there.

redba
June 10th, 2022, 19:13
@Lo Zeno
1+1 Oh yes me too :p

superteddy57
June 10th, 2022, 19:36
I'm down for whatever comes my way. Just know I'm excited to crank these out for the community and get your groups playing and having a blast.

goodmanje
June 10th, 2022, 22:23
Do Conan! Do Conan! Lol… DUNE looks amazing!

Atreides Ghola
June 14th, 2022, 00:10
Started to work on putting Agents of dune on there.
We had our first session last Thursday. It was so easy to get the information into FG, I cranked out the entirety of Act I in a few hours.

The session was spectacular fun; looking forward to the next one very much.

@superteddy57 Star Trek Adventures, please!

hawkwind
June 15th, 2022, 10:01
A Achtung Cthulhu ruleset would get me to open my wallet

superteddy57
June 15th, 2022, 14:36
All good choices, up to the powers that be for that decision.

SAVeira
June 16th, 2022, 14:17
It's possible.

We are weighing the amount of effort involved with each one, how much reuse we can get from one ruleset to the other, and how profitable they are (or aren't).

Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 would be instant purchase from me. Just saying...

Mu77ley
June 16th, 2022, 17:01
Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 would be instant purchase from me. Just saying...

Same.

timdog88
June 19th, 2022, 02:46
Do you have any plans to convert other books, such as the arrakis sourcebook? I’ve been thinking of buying it but would hold off if it was coming to fg anytime soon

Atreides Ghola
June 21st, 2022, 15:07
@superteddy57

Is there a possibility that the ruleset could be altered to show the Difficulty and Complication range selection for the players, too, instead of just the GM? I find that as we're playing, I have to stop and make sure I call out each roll before a player makes it, since it resets between rolls, instead of just having them set the difficulty and complication range that I call out.

Last session, I had them do a D3 group roll - which we could have done in a few seconds, but I had to STOP, set difficulty, tell player to roll, STOP, set difficulty, tell player to roll, STOP set difficulty, tell player to roll, etc. It really slowed us down at the end.

If not, so be it...would just be a little more convenient if the players could set their own difficulty and complication range.

superteddy57
June 21st, 2022, 15:15
I could change the difficulty to function like the complication range. That way it stays put and needs to be changed when the difficulty needs to be changed. As for visibility, I would have to come up with a new control for this to be available for the player's. Certainly will add it to my list of things to consider when upgrading the ruleset.

Atreides Ghola
June 21st, 2022, 15:17
I could change the difficulty to function like the complication range. That way it stays put and needs to be changed when the difficulty needs to be changed. As for visibility, I would have to come up with a new control for this to be available for the player's. Certainly will add it to my list of things to consider when upgrading the ruleset.

Awesome! Just having the difficulty stay put would be a great improvement. Thanks for the consideration.

iolarion
June 25th, 2022, 10:28
After the bad experience with the Conan ruleset. Before purchasing the Dune ruleset I wolud like to see it working. Is there any video showing that?

Regards

Trenloe
June 25th, 2022, 18:19
After the bad experience with the Conan ruleset. Before purchasing the Dune ruleset I wolud like to see it working. Is there any video showing that?

Regards
I'm not sure of videos, but some background - the Dune 2d20 ruleset is developed in house by SmiteWorks and not by an external part time development team (who did Conan 2d20), so it's completely different in many ways. Also, if you purchase on the Fantasy Grounds store, there's a 30 days no questions asked refund policy.

Atreides Ghola
June 26th, 2022, 15:13

Regards

I’ve been using it since release, and had previously bought and subsequently returned Conan 2d20. Dune is done very well, is good to look at, has all the art assets, and is a breeze to use.

Yskonyn
June 27th, 2022, 19:29
It's a little pricey for me at the moment, but I will surely buy the module down the line.
Any word on sourcebooks getting added, or made available as addon modules in due time as well?

Valyar
July 2nd, 2022, 06:25
Modiphius announced in their discord that Dune 2d20 is part of the summer sale and 20% off, thought on the Store this is not the case. Is Dune going to be part of the sales?

ddavison
July 2nd, 2022, 14:48
No. Dune is still too new to participate in any sales.

lostsanityreturned
July 4th, 2022, 04:08
Yeah another vote for a hopeful future where Conan is handled by a team who actually feel like doing the bare minimum (harsh comment, but well... images in the reference guide is a bare minimum and not much of an ask even for a part time outfit)

Looking forward to picking up the ruleset here when I finally get around to reading/running dune2d20

Shame about Mutant Chronicles 3e being discontinued due to license issues for modiphius, it was a great system with solid products and doesn't deserve to be put to pasture :(.

danman71
August 31st, 2022, 21:55
I'm not sure of videos, but some background - the Dune 2d20 ruleset is developed in house by SmiteWorks and not by an external part time development team (who did Conan 2d20), so it's completely different in many ways. Also, if you purchase on the Fantasy Grounds store, there's a 30 days no questions asked refund policy.

Is there hope the Conan ruleset will get updated?

ddavison
August 31st, 2022, 22:20
Is there hope the Conan ruleset will get updated?

We are considering redoing Conan at a future date. Much of this will depend upon how well some of the other Modiphius licensed products end up selling and what else we have on the project list. We don't expect that we would make much revenue from redoing Conan since it would be a free update for all previous customers. The reason for doing it would be purely from a customer support perspective. I suspect we will end up doing for that reason alone. Star Trek Adventures is the next 2d20 system we will be releasing. It is in the later stages of development and testing. Once that is released, we will re-evaluate priorities.

danman71
August 31st, 2022, 22:41
We are considering redoing Conan at a future date. Much of this will depend upon how well some of the other Modiphius licensed products end up selling and what else we have on the project list. We don't expect that we would make much revenue from redoing Conan since it would be a free update for all previous customers. The reason for doing it would be purely from a customer support perspective. I suspect we will end up doing for that reason alone. Star Trek Adventures is the next 2d20 system we will be releasing. It is in the later stages of development and testing. Once that is released, we will re-evaluate priorities.

Honestly, Conan is the only 2d20 ruleset I own. I was considering buying it until I read the forums. There is a ton of additional content besides the Core Book and the Player's Guide. I think if the ruleset is updated there would be potential to sell some of these expansions:

Conan Jeweled Thrones of the Earth
Conan the Thief
Conan the Barbarian
Conan the Mercenary
Conan The Book of Skelos
Conan the Pirate
Nameless Cults
Conan The Brigand
Ancient Ruins & Cursed Cities
Horrors of the Hyborian Age
Conan The Wanderer
Conan The Adventurer
Conan The Scout
Conan The King
Kull of Atlantis
The Exiles Sourcebook
The Shadow of The Sorcerer
The Age of Conan Sourcebook
+ 8 smaller Shining Kingdoms Modules

bayne7400
September 1st, 2022, 23:44
Yeah the content from Conan alone makes it great. If you guys don't want to do it I will offer to take it over and see if I can fix it up. I own the ruleset and I am just sitting on it. As an alternative maybe move it out from the vault if it's not going to be developed.

damned
September 2nd, 2022, 03:44
If you need a recommendation - bayne7400 is certainly capable of bringing this game up to a higher standard.

Caratacus
September 2nd, 2022, 17:15
I currently own this ruleset for FGU
but don't use it. There are better presentations on other VTT's. If it were updated and fixed I wouldn't hesitate to move back to FGU as I use FGU for most of my other games. This may be an opportunity lost, but I agree with danman71 above, there's lots of extra content that could be added.

Atreides Ghola
September 20th, 2022, 16:12
I personally don’t care much about the Conan rule set. Personally, I’d rather see (pay for) content for Dune and Star Trek.

Malaith
January 22nd, 2023, 07:23
Any chance of an Achtung! Cthulhu ruleset?

iolarion
February 11th, 2023, 16:46
Hello, I am considering purchasing this ruleset, are there plans to expand it with the other books? Sand and Dust, Agents of Dune, Masters of Dune, etc.

Regards.

J0e S.
February 22nd, 2024, 01:50
I was wondering, too, maybe including the House rules such as ventures and domain sheets from The Great Game (and not to be confused with "house rules"!!! OK, bad joke, I will show myself out.)

I think we have an opportunity to capture some more players with Fall of the Imperium out and the movie release imminent.

Voxpopuli
March 10th, 2024, 00:34
Hopefully more people will acquire the ruleset. I just bought it on sale this week!