PDA

View Full Version : LFP Need 2-3 (long-term ideally) Players Thurs Night 8PM EST 5E Homebrew

wilconran
June 1st, 2022, 06:57
FG License: Ultimate
Game System: D&D 5e, with a few very minor tweaks, like I give people +1 to hit for Flanking instead of full Adv cause that's a lot

Time Zone: EST, if the time works for you in your timezone doesn't matter to me where you are.
Day of week and time: Thurs 8 PM EST, or 5 PM PST
If new game, planned start date: Ongoing campaign, jump in
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly, occasional week off over Christmas and such as you do
Term: Long term, I've got plans going for as long as people want to play.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Mixed, depending on the players. The players who left due to schedule changes were the ones who probably talked/RP'd the most so there may be a bit of a vacuum there, so if you're also someone who likes to 'take a backseat' a bit more it could be a fairly quiet group, nothing wrong with that :)
Number of Players in game & needed: I'm down to 3, have been playing with 6-7 most of the time so am ideally aiming for 6, although no problem playing with less if that happens too.
Character starting level & equipment: We're currently level 8, I'd be working with you individually to give starting gear that works with your character and backstory, for example, a player switched characters recently and started with a +1 weapon, Bracers of Defense & Goggles of Night so about that power level.
Character restrictions: None. Current group is down to Barbarian(Bear), Wizard (War), & Fighter/Rouge (Champion) so we could probably use some Charisma, access to healing spells etc.

Details of your scenario:

shadowgwah
June 1st, 2022, 20:28
I'm interested in joining

wilconran
June 2nd, 2022, 06:17
Potentially have 2, can run as-is but if one more person perhaps wanted to join let me know this week, will be resuming play on the 9th.

Paul Sokeel
June 3rd, 2022, 02:22
Potentially have 2, can run as-is but if one more person perhaps wanted to join let me know this week, will be resuming play on the 9th.

I am interested, if you still have room.

aeshmamainyu
June 3rd, 2022, 18:06

I would be interested in playing if you still have an opening.

Salmar
June 5th, 2022, 04:24
Interested if there is an opening

DnDMasta
June 5th, 2022, 17:37
Interested in you're game , time works great please hit me up on discord to discuss details (much easier)

IsawaPain#9339

Moorudel
June 8th, 2022, 07:42
If there is any availability still, i would be interested in participating.

Penumbramancer
June 13th, 2022, 14:56
I'm interested I have a firbolg life cleric/druid circle of moon idea going in my head

TreeKiller58
June 14th, 2022, 02:12
EST, available to play Thursdays at 8. Currently she is campaigning in Saltmarsh but the group has been inactive for 6 weeks due to scheduling conflicts. A little light on magic items since she just sacrificed her Staff of the Serpent to prevent a tpk.
Cooperative team player that enjoys flawed characters and a mix of role play and combat. Played from 1980-96ish 2E-3E. Got back into 5E a couple of years ago. I show up and move heaven and earth for game
time.

Leonyc
June 14th, 2022, 03:34
I'd be interested if the spot is still available.

wilconran
July 2nd, 2022, 22:46
I may have a spot open again- to be fair to everyone & since things may have changed in the couple of weeks since this was first posted, whoever responds here/PMs me first is welcome to join.

MacAllen
July 3rd, 2022, 07:03
What world would it be in? Is it all homebrew? How are you generating stats? I've a 7th lvl Ancients Paladin/1st lvl Divine Soul Sorc that would be fun in the group you listed. Essentially a Paladin who slowly realized that they were the source of their own magic and surrendered to it.

wilconran
July 4th, 2022, 08:06
Had a couple of people PM me directly about it, MacAllen you're the first person I'll talk to if one of them happens to not mesh well or not like the game.

GonzoWCS
July 5th, 2022, 00:18
Are you still looking for players?

Cheers

wilconran
July 9th, 2022, 02:54
Just messaged MacAllen now, Gonzo same idea I'll let you know if something doesn't work out

Crux1357
July 9th, 2022, 03:33
Ive been debating picking up a game as a player now. DM'd a couple long running campaigns for two kids that ran almost 4 rl years.
I could play a bard or sorc, since you mentioned needing chr.

GonzoWCS
July 9th, 2022, 04:44
"Just messaged MacAllen now, Gonzo same idea I'll let you know if something doesn't work out"

Thanks M8!

Cheers

TreeKiller58
July 10th, 2022, 02:51
Please keep me in mind if you end up needing someone else. I was out of the country when you reposted and not paying attention.

IronFist
July 10th, 2022, 19:21
I would like to get in if you still have an opening.

Myad
July 11th, 2022, 16:04
Any spots still open?

wilconran
July 12th, 2022, 02:32
Talking to a couple of people atm, then I do believe Gonzo is #1 on the 'wait list' but I'll also double-check with the group if they don't mind a 7th person at that too- ideally for me it'd be nice to get more involved in plot lines & character development which is hard to do when the group's changing fairly often- but such is most every DnD group is it not

GonzoWCS
July 19th, 2022, 01:44
Talking to a couple of people atm, then I do believe Gonzo is #1 on the 'wait list' but I'll also double-check with the group if they don't mind a 7th person at that too- ideally for me it'd be nice to get more involved in plot lines & character development which is hard to do when the group's changing fairly often- but such is most every DnD group is it not

Chillin & not Illin'

Cheers

MacAllen
July 19th, 2022, 02:39
Standing by, I only enjoy long-term games, not a fan of 1-shots and the like. I enjoy playing for years :)

wilconran
July 22nd, 2022, 12:51
The group should be set currently then, not sure if there's a button or similar to close this, at least for now.

GunnarGreybeard
July 22nd, 2022, 12:58
The group should be set currently then, not sure if there's a button or similar to close this, at least for now.

AFAIK, only mods/admins can close or reopen threads. Most people, from what I have seen, just make a post stating their group is full for the moment. Then, if anyone drops later, they just come back and post for more players again in the same thread.

GonzoWCS
July 23rd, 2022, 14:22
AFAIK, only mods/admins can close or reopen threads. Most people, from what I have seen, just make a post stating their group is full for the moment. Then, if anyone drops later, they just come back and post for more players again in the same thread.

This wilconran...

wilconran
August 5th, 2022, 04:30
Messaged Gonzo & MacAllen again now, will see if either respond, if like another week or so goes by & I don't will check who'd be next on the list and send another PM from there

Demastre
August 5th, 2022, 13:49
Hello,
I have played D&D for about 40 years and need to find a new group. I am interested in a steady weekly game long term. I am new to FG and currently have a free account, but I am willing to upgrade if needed. I have lots of experience with all types of play styles from RP heavy to combat focused, good aligned teams to evil forced to work together. I am very experienced at playing every class D&D has to offer, let me know the niche that needs to be filled and I can cover it.
If there are any questions for me, please ask.
Demastre

wilconran
August 6th, 2022, 16:48
Absolutely, will do. Just checking with the 'wait list' first, but I have you on there now. MacAllen can't so I messaged Crux as well, then next up is Treekiller