PDA

View Full Version : Weird troubles with players connecting...

NymTevlyn
October 17th, 2007, 01:22
This didn't start until last week. I had players that could connect to my DM Client through the alias and some that couldn't. I restarted FG2 and suddenly players that could connect, couldn't... and those that couldn't, could. Others could connect through the IP address when we tried that.

I went through and reset the router, redid the port triggering and forwarding, made sure FG2 wasn't being blocked by the windows firewall. And I still have issues with some players not being able to connect, while others can.

Anyone have a clue on how I can fix this?

NymTevlyn
October 21st, 2007, 22:27
No answers at all?

Griogre
October 22nd, 2007, 01:53
I think the odds are it is not your problem. It is more likely a problem a the player's end.

However, when I had a guy who was like this he was the only one. I thought at the time he was timing out on the alias server. He was very consistant and not that far from me geographically. The fact that some can connect and then can't connect is weird.

Unless you have a weird setup where it is difficult for the alias server to determine your IP I don't think it is you. You aren't using a virtual network are you?

NymTevlyn
October 22nd, 2007, 02:29
No, I'm using a static IP with the ports forwarded to this computers specific MAC address.

Callum
October 22nd, 2007, 09:47
I had some very weird issues with one of my players connecting that we couldn't track down for ages. In the end, he had to edit his registry to remove FG entries - I believe there were still some hangovers from FG1 that were causing the problems. If you like, I can ask him to post the details here.

NymTevlyn
October 22nd, 2007, 17:09
That's not something that could happen on this computer. It's had a complete wipe and reinstall on a brand new hard drive. Long before these problems cropped up.