PDA

View Full Version : Guage interest in Android / iOS viewer app

jharp
May 25th, 2022, 06:04
Please reply if you have interest in having Android/iOS viewing of FG materials and any suggestions. If SW buys in then maybe vault materials as well.

Price is uncertain. May be ad supported.

Jason

ddavison
May 25th, 2022, 13:05
This is not something we want pursued externally. We have an internal solution built for this as a prototype already, but there are other licensing constraints at the moment.

jharp
May 25th, 2022, 13:46
Interesting. My mind initially goes to map viewing during battle. BTW this would be in UE5 not Unity.

jason

Illuvyan
June 18th, 2022, 18:39
I'm absolutely interested in this feature. I run my game in-person with most players attending and viewing the content on a large TV display. It would be amazing if they had even just "Character Sheet" access through iOS / Android in order to make rolls and attacks on their own. I can take care of movement and targeting.

Please and Thank you.

Jonathan

jharp
June 18th, 2022, 21:30
My current efforts are a quick and dirty reference viewer.

When I have a demo available I'll let you know.

Jason

Morenu
June 18th, 2022, 22:35
My current efforts are a quick and dirty reference viewer.

When I have a demo available I'll let you know.

Jason

Would LOVE this on iOS... but didn't ddavidson say that SW is pursuing this in house?

but if iOS I would be ecstatic to try out a demo

jharp
June 18th, 2022, 23:47
They seem tied up in licensing atm.

I doubt they will ever release anything but I have been surprised before.

As for myself, iOS would be secondary to Android.

Jason

ddavison
June 19th, 2022, 01:21
Yes, we have a working version but we are not able to pursue it due to licensing issues. It wouldn’t be something to distribute for the same reasons.

jharp
June 22nd, 2022, 05:19
A VERY VERY VERY rough proof of concept screenshot from an android app done in UE5.

redba
June 22nd, 2022, 07:38
As soon as you will have a demo to test... so my tablet will be ready to test it.. Well done.. thank you

Morenu
June 22nd, 2022, 11:19
Hmmm. Now i have to see if i can get android emulated on my old surface pro.

jharp
June 25th, 2022, 15:10
Getting closer ....

Jiminimonka
June 25th, 2022, 19:33
This is not something we want pursued externally. We have an internal solution built for this as a prototype already, but there are other licensing constraints at the moment.

What are you getting closer to jharp when Smiteworks already said an external developer is not on the cards?

jharp
June 25th, 2022, 20:16
A reference manual viewer is the first milestone. I'm sure some will find it useful but if you aren't interested you need not download it.

Jason

ddavison
June 26th, 2022, 00:29
I’m locking the thread. We don’t want anyone building or distributing any apps or services that process and display Fantasy Grounds data outside of the program.

jharp
June 26th, 2022, 03:05
Your forum, your rules. So when FGViewer is ready I won't announce it here.

Jason