PDA

View Full Version : Broken LOS and lighting effects when sharing image record

Berwind
May 23rd, 2022, 04:56
When sharing an image record that is already open on a player client, it breaks the lighting and LOS effects for that player.
I've attatched an MP4 to showcase on how to replicate it.

Zacchaeus
May 23rd, 2022, 09:43
I can reproduce this.

Merecraft
May 23rd, 2022, 12:48
This happened to us last night. Now I know why thanks!

Turbiales
May 23rd, 2022, 13:10
This is happening in every game I hosted last Week.

It not only happens with illumination, it also happens when using masks.

Ecks
May 23rd, 2022, 15:17
Thanks for reporting this. Had this happen to a player during my last session as well, but couldn't figure out how to recreate the issue. As a workaround, it looks like the player can close the image and reopen it if this happens to get things working again.

timg
May 23rd, 2022, 16:09
I also ran into this with all my players last session making things very difficult. Thanks for capturing the video,

Monkeyboy
May 24th, 2022, 00:29
Same issue. still playable as the map corrects if the player scrolls in or out so game night continues.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2022, 00:54
Thank you very much for the video and steps to reproduce. @cpinder is looking at this now.

Regards,
JPG

Monkeyboy
May 24th, 2022, 01:19
The DM doesn't have the effect only players. hope that helps.

Monkeyboy
May 24th, 2022, 02:07
Should have also mentioned that when dm advances the tracker and the map centers on the player it throws it off. again, just need to scroll and map resets proper. playing currently so as notice things mentioning it to hope it helps.
cheers

Temmpest
May 24th, 2022, 02:19
So, we had the same issue. My fix was to unshare the image and then share it again. This seemed to work.

lostsanityreturned
May 24th, 2022, 18:22
So, we had the same issue. My fix was to unshare the image and then share it again. This seemed to work.

Encountered this today and used the same work around.

Unfortunately a player did get to see a bit more of the map than they were meant to when trying to describe the problem.

Lonewolf
May 25th, 2022, 00:53
As a player I found closing the map. Then reopening it by clicking on my token in the CT also seems clear the problem for the client.