PDA

View Full Version : Issues with custom modules

bluemike807
October 13th, 2007, 20:09
Im trying to incorporate a custom book into an otherwise normal D20 campaign - literally, as a new spellbook. So far I thought I had done it correctly - following tutorials from this forum.

Basically I have the .mod file, with its two xmls - client.xml and definition.xml, as well as a thumbnail.png

When I load Fantasy Grounds, under modules, it shows up - complete with the thumbnail. But when I activate it, absolutely nothing happens - no book is added to the library.

Is there something I am forgetting to do?

Thanks..

Griogre
October 13th, 2007, 20:52
There are loosely speaking two types of modules: adventure modules and referance type modules. The referance type modules are new to FG2. From what you have said it sounds like you may have made an adventure module instead of a referance module. If not then you may have a problem with your XML.

Did you unzip the d20 Spells referance module and use use that as a template? This would be the best way to add new spells and have them work as you would expect.

bluemike807
October 14th, 2007, 01:36
Thats exactly what I did, and the 'book' I had hoped to make was very simple... or so I thought.

Griogre
October 14th, 2007, 01:46
Are you using the default d20 ruleset?

Also double check the name entry in the definition.xml and the client.xml are are the same.

Foen
October 14th, 2007, 06:23
As well as having the (exact) same name entry, a common problem is incorrectly formed XML. Are you using a parsing editor or doing it by hand (in Notepad, for example)? Remember not to use ampersands (&) without turning them into xml entities (&) etc.

Stuart