PDA

View Full Version : Unskilled Spells

Mansquatch62
May 18th, 2022, 16:05
I'm just starting SWADE so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. Character has spellcasting to d8. However when he chooses his power (bolt) on the Power tab, it shows as d4 unskilled (-2 in the little bubble). I figured out how to manually set the die to a d8, but how do you get rid of the "unskilled". Shouldn't this all be automatically based on the spellcasting skill on the Traits tab?

Jiminimonka
May 18th, 2022, 19:55
I'm just starting SWADE so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. Character has spellcasting to d8. However when he chooses his power (bolt) on the Power tab, it shows as d4 unskilled (-2 in the little bubble). I figured out how to manually set the die to a d8, but how do you get rid of the "unskilled". Shouldn't this all be automatically based on the spellcasting skill on the Traits tab?

Sometimes you have to drag the new Power onto the Arcane Background on the Powers Tab. Otherwise, right click the Power and edit it to match the correct Arcane Background.

Shoras
May 23rd, 2022, 23:03
Have you added the edge: Arcane background?

Doswelk
May 26th, 2022, 15:37
You have added an Arcane background to the PC sheet?

Not the edge but an Actual Arcane Background, found by clicking the Arcane Backgrounds button on the Powers Window?