PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Change Token Instances in an Encounter

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2022, 17:04
As discussed and discovered in this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?73763-How-to-change-monster-portraits-for-campaign-encounter&p=650316&viewfull=1#post650316), we can no longer change the token instances in an encounter.

Summary: Unable to change token image for NPC instance in an encounter

Ruleset(s): 5E, Core RPG

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: 5E SRD, None

Operating System / Language Setting: Win 10, English

Steps to Reproduce:

Create new encounter (or open existing and unlock it)
Add NPC, set quantity to 2 or more
Open Assets, filter for Tokens
drag new token image to NPC instance image
NOTE: image does not change, it used to.
drag new token to NPC master (row), note it changes

Trenloe
May 15th, 2022, 17:22
I can't remember ever being able to change those tokens - the multiple token images are shown just to allow you to drag/drop to the map for placement. If you want different tokens you need to create multiple entries in the encounter and change the token for each entry.

Zacchaeus
May 15th, 2022, 17:38
Indeed. The only token you can change is the one to the left of the name of the NPC. You can't and never could change the ones below the NPC line - those are just reference images showing whether the NPC has been placed or not. As Trenloe says you'll need multiple instances of the same NPC if you want different tokens for each.

Moon Wizard
May 15th, 2022, 20:14
As Zacchaeus and Trenloe mentioned, you’ve only ever been able to change the left portrait.

If you want different portraits, just drag the NPC to encounter multiple times and set a portrait for each.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
May 16th, 2022, 00:16
Thanks Moon.

I'm going to go see my doctor now about memory supplements...

Nylanfs
May 25th, 2022, 12:20
Mandela Effect, just like finding out that Ed McMahon never worked for Publishers Clearing House or did ads for them. (https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ed-mcmahon-publishers-clearing-house/)