PDA

View Full Version : Cyberpunk RED Download

PRAdams
May 12th, 2022, 23:06
I picked up the Cyberpunk RED ruleset, but the Updater either isn't seeing it, or Forge has it configured improperly, or my account is still having problems (I purchased products from the FG store and they wouldn't download until I specifically asked support to confirm my email account was properly connected).

When I check the Updater log, it says that it sees 2 Forge subscriptions, but only MoreCore downloads as expected. The other Forge subscription isn't in my inventory/doesn't map to the UUID of Cyberpunk RED. There's a second Forge dat file in the vault folder, but it's the wrong UUID (4e3cd2f4-1e15-11ec-8c52-0050562be458).

MoreCore UUID: 13d8b724-465e-11ec-8c52-0050562be458
Cyberpunk RED UUID: 2f6a4de8-ca27-11ec-8c52-0050562be458

I've disabled the Cyberpunk RED ruleset, updated, and re-enabled, then updated. No change.

Is there a chance the UUID for the Cyberpunk RED subscription/file is improperly labeled or indexed or something?

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2022, 23:46
I suspect you need to reach out to support to resolve this. Sounds like you've checked everything I could suggest.

damned
May 12th, 2022, 23:59
It is not loading to the vault. There is a stub file in the vault but the ruleset is downloading to the /rulesets folder

PRAdams
May 13th, 2022, 00:42
It is not loading to the vault. There is a stub file in the vault but the ruleset is downloading to the /rulesets folder

Hi, Damned! Do you mean MoreCore? MoreCore is fine. I see it in the vault and in /rulesets. I don't see anything anywhere for Cyberpunk RED.

PRAdams
May 13th, 2022, 00:42
I suspect you need to reach out to support to resolve this. Sounds like you've checked everything I could suggest.

I was afraid of that. I wasn't happy with support last time around. :(

damned
May 13th, 2022, 00:50
In my \rulesets folder (as well as MoreCore) I have
Cyberpunk RED.pak
13/05/2022 (my time is ahead of yours)
848kb

damned
May 13th, 2022, 00:54
you might try and remove the dat file in the forge and rerun the updater.

PRAdams
May 13th, 2022, 02:01
In my \rulesets folder (as well as MoreCore) I have
Cyberpunk RED.pak
13/05/2022 (my time is ahead of yours)
848kb

I don't have that, no.

PRAdams
May 13th, 2022, 02:02
you might try and remove the dat file in the forge and rerun the updater.

Thanks! I've done that with no luck. The "stub" in the vault directory has the wrong UUID, but at least it's downloading it. I've opened a ticket.

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 03:14
Hi PRAdams!

Were you able to get this resolved? I wrote the ruleset, so just want to make sure it wasn’t anything to do with a build I pushed - but it sounds like it was a Forge-related issue?

PRAdams
May 18th, 2022, 19:34
Hi PRAdams!

Were you able to get this resolved? I wrote the ruleset, so just want to make sure it wasn’t anything to do with a build I pushed - but it sounds like it was a Forge-related issue?

Hello!

Thanks for following up.

No, this has not been resolved. I opened a ticket to no avail.

seansps
May 18th, 2022, 20:08
Hello!

Thanks for following up.

No, this has not been resolved. I opened a ticket to no avail.

Shoot! Yeah this sounds like a really weird issue perhaps with your Account. I hope support responds to you soon- you could perhaps try the Discord as well and see if anyone can respond quicker: https://discord.gg/fantasygrounds

Otherwise, the only other thing I can think to try is a from a completely fresh install of FG.

ju95
May 18th, 2022, 21:11
I picked up the Cyberpunk RED ruleset, but the Updater either isn't seeing it, or Forge has it configured improperly, or my account is still having problems (I purchased products from the FG store and they wouldn't download until I specifically asked support to confirm my email account was properly connected).

When I check the Updater log, it says that it sees 2 Forge subscriptions, but only MoreCore downloads as expected. The other Forge subscription isn't in my inventory/doesn't map to the UUID of Cyberpunk RED. There's a second Forge dat file in the vault folder, but it's the wrong UUID (4e3cd2f4-1e15-11ec-8c52-0050562be458).

MoreCore UUID: 13d8b724-465e-11ec-8c52-0050562be458
Cyberpunk RED UUID: 2f6a4de8-ca27-11ec-8c52-0050562be458

I've disabled the Cyberpunk RED ruleset, updated, and re-enabled, then updated. No change.

Is there a chance the UUID for the Cyberpunk RED subscription/file is improperly labeled or indexed or something?

Hello PRAdams,
That other UUID you posted is linked to the item CoinFlip for MoreCore, I assume that isn't something you had downloaded at any time correct?

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 01:05
Shoot! Yeah this sounds like a really weird issue perhaps with your Account. I hope support responds to you soon- you could perhaps try the Discord as well and see if anyone can respond quicker: https://discord.gg/fantasygrounds

Otherwise, the only other thing I can think to try is a from a completely fresh install of FG.

I've done a complete reload of FGU. No joy. There's some sort of disconnect between my email address and the app. The previous ticket I opened, I pointed out what looked to be the problem, then it started working. It hasn't worked since, so they haven't permanently fixed the issue. I can't express how discouraging and disappointing this is. :(

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 01:13
Hello PRAdams,
That other UUID you posted is linked to the item CoinFlip for MoreCore, I assume that isn't something you had downloaded at any time correct?

I can't think of a reason to use CoinFlip (it's just a d2, right?). Is there a way to determine if I bought it? When I look in Forge, it shows the Buy button for that item. I can't find MoreCore when I search in Forge. Cyberpunk RED also doesn't show up when I search. Does that mean I've purchased them?

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 02:04
I can't think of a reason to use CoinFlip (it's just a d2, right?). Is there a way to determine if I bought it? When I look in Forge, it shows the Buy button for that item. I can't find MoreCore when I search in Forge. Cyberpunk RED also doesn't show up when I search. Does that mean I've purchased them?

Can you please check if CoinFlip is actually available to you in the client? I am trying to determine where the mix up is happening.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:22
Can you please check if CoinFlip is actually available to you in the client? I am trying to determine where the mix up is happening.

Sorry for misunderstanding.

I just loaded a MoreCore campaign, and I don't see CoinFlip (assuming it's a coin icon).53007

damned
June 3rd, 2022, 02:26
Its an extension that would need to be activated.
It needs the More Core specific one if you want to load it in MoreCore.

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 02:27
Sorry for misunderstanding.

I just loaded a MoreCore campaign, and I don't see CoinFlip (assuming it's a coin icon).53007

Okay, and it doesn't appear in your Extensions box before loading up the campaign?

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:28
Okay, and it doesn't appear in your Extensions box before loading up the campaign?

It does. I activated it, and it shows up. I don't recall picking it up (I would use a d6 for a d2 roll).

damned
June 3rd, 2022, 02:29
Your MoreCore build is up to date.
If you go back to the Splash Screen and choose Create Campaign
Then check what rulesets you have listed.
You should see a Cyberpunk RED listing (Im not sure of its exact spelling as I have 4 versions)

Sulimo
June 3rd, 2022, 02:29
I think ju95 is asking if it's available to be selected. It's an extension, so you would have to select it to see it when FG loads.

I do not have MoreCore or the Coin flip extension.

But if you start a new MoreCore campaign, is the Coin Flip extension available in the extension list?

https://i.imgur.com/x0rKU12.png

EDIT: Late

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:33
CoinFlip is an extension, but I don't recall acquiring it (it's just not my thing).

Cyberpunk RED is NOT there, and I know I selected it.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:33
Your MoreCore build is up to date.
If you go back to the Splash Screen and choose Create Campaign
Then check what rulesets you have listed.
You should see a Cyberpunk RED listing (Im not sure of its exact spelling as I have 4 versions)

It's still not showing.

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 02:37
It's still not showing.

For everyone else trying to help, the issue is that for some reason, this one account is downloading the entirely wrong extension. I was checking to see if it was just a naming issue or a bigger issue entirely.

For PRAdams, can you subscribe to the Coin Flip extension, and see if maybe it ends up downloading Cyberpunk Red, Coin Flip, or something else entirely?

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:40
For everyone else trying to help, the issue is that for some reason, this one account is downloading the entirely wrong extension. I was checking to see if it was just a naming issue or a bigger issue entirely.

For PRAdams, can you subscribe to the Coin Flip extension, and see if maybe it ends up downloading Cyberpunk Red, Coin Flip, or something else entirely?

I selected "Buy." It didn't do anything when I tried running the updater (twice).

seansps
June 3rd, 2022, 02:48
Very weird issue! I don’t want to muddy the thread as I have no idea what could cause this issue but have you tried either of the following?

In the settings log out, and then back in, to your FG account. Then run the updater OR
Unsubscribe from Cyberpunk RED, run the updater, then subscribe again and run the updater again

Just a thought. I hope your account is able to get fixed!

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 02:55
Very weird issue! I don’t want to muddy the thread as I have no idea what could cause this issue but have you tried either of the following?

In the settings log out, and then back in, to your FG account. Then run the updater OR
Unsubscribe from Cyberpunk RED, run the updater, then subscribe again and run the updater again

Just a thought. I hope your account is able to get fixed!

In my previous attempts to troubleshoot this, yes, I've disconnected from my account and re-connected. I've wiped all my FGU directories out and completely reloaded FGU (app and folders+files). No joy.

I can't find Cyberpunk RED in Forge now, unfortunately.

seansps
June 3rd, 2022, 02:57
In my previous attempts to troubleshoot this, yes, I've disconnected from my account and re-connected. I've wiped all my FGU directories out and completely reloaded FGU (app and folders+files). No joy.

I can't find Cyberpunk RED in Forge now, unfortunately.

It’s probably because you’re still subscribed to it. Look under “Inventory” (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/inventory) and click “Disable.” Then update. Then re-enable and update again. Maybe that’ll help?

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 03:05
It’s probably because you’re still subscribed to it. Look under “Inventory” (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/inventory) and click “Disable.” Then update. Then re-enable and update again. Maybe that’ll help?

Disabled. Re-enabled. Ran the updater twice. It (the updater) only shows two subscriptions, even though Inventory shows CoinFlip now (totaling three).

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 03:14
Disabled. Re-enabled. Ran the updater twice. It (the updater) only shows two subscriptions, even though Inventory shows CoinFlip now (totaling three).

Alright, after fussing around in the backend for a bit, can you give it one more try to run the updater? I saw some minor issues that I hope to have worked out, but if this doesn't work I'll try again with fresh eyes in the morning.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 03:17
Alright, after fussing around in the backend for a bit, can you give it one more try to run the updater? I saw some minor issues that I hope to have worked out, but if this doesn't work I'll try again with fresh eyes in the morning.

No change (two Forge subscriptions, nothing updated, no Cyberpunk RED ruleset when I try to Create Campaign).

seansps
June 3rd, 2022, 03:18
No change (two Forge subscriptions, nothing updated, no Cyberpunk RED ruleset when I try to Create Campaign).

I just noticed that the ruleset said “Delisted” — is that cause of ju95’s change?

I relisted it just now so maybe it’ll work.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 03:18
I'm pretty confident this is an issue with my email address not being properly aligned with my account. I changed email address a while back. I don't think I've changed anything else in the last couple years.

damned
June 3rd, 2022, 03:22
If you cant see it after its relisted then check the filters - the default Forge view doesnt show products you own.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 03:33
If you cant see it after its relisted then check the filters - the default Forge view doesnt show products you own.

It's in my Inventory. I forgot to check there. I now have three entries (MoreCore, Cyberpunk RED, and the CoinFlip). Updater has thought I had CoinFlip all along (I've had the UUID for that instead of Cyberpunk RED in my log since using Forge to grab MoreCore and Cyberpunk RED; I've never had the UUID for Cyberpunk RED).

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 03:37
I'm pretty confident this is an issue with my email address not being properly aligned with my account. I changed email address a while back. I don't think I've changed anything else in the last couple years.

I don't think it is your email address. Registration issues like that wouldn't even show you the forge site.

It's in my Inventory. I forgot to check there. I now have three entries (MoreCore, Cyberpunk RED, and the CoinFlip). Updater has thought I had CoinFlip all along (I've had the UUID for that instead of Cyberpunk RED in my log since using Forge to grab MoreCore and Cyberpunk RED; I've never had the UUID for Cyberpunk RED).

Yes, I was hoping that adding Coin Flip would "fix" the system, but it apparently didn't. seansps if you could set build 66 to the Test channel, then maybe PRAdams can switch to test a force a download that way? It would help to see if this is just an issue with the live channel at least.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 03:46
I don't think it is your email address. Registration issues like that wouldn't even show you the forge site.

Yes, I was hoping that adding Coin Flip would "fix" the system, but it apparently didn't. seansps if you could set build 66 to the Test channel, then maybe PRAdams can switch to test a force a download that way? It would help to see if this is just an issue with the live channel at least.

I'm here to help with the troubleshooting. Thanks!

seansps
June 3rd, 2022, 03:53
seansps if you could set build 66 to the Test channel, then maybe PRAdams can switch to test a force a download that way? It would help to see if this is just an issue with the live channel at least.

Build 66 is now in Test!

PRAdams, if you switch to Test channel, does it download?

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 04:03
Build 66 is now in Test!

PRAdams, if you switch to Test channel, does it download?

How would I switch to Test?

Disregard. I found it in Updater.

No change. It still shows 2 subscriptions instead of 3. No option for Cyberpunk RED in the Create Campaign list (this is after two manual update runs).

ju95
June 3rd, 2022, 19:39

No change. It still shows 2 subscriptions instead of 3. No option for Cyberpunk RED in the Create Campaign list (this is after two manual update runs).

Could you try renaming the extensions/modules/rulesets/vault folders; then running a brand new update. This will rule out any issues with locked files in the file system; and any unpacked versions of any of the files.

EDIT: Before that, are you sure you are logging into your PRAdams account, and not some other account on FGU?

ddavison
June 3rd, 2022, 20:53

I believe I found the issue. You actually have two accounts: PRAdams and PhilAdams. PRAdams has all 3 of those items subscribed, but PhilAdams only has MoreCore and Coin Flip subscribed. PhilAdams has all your actual purchases and stuff.

In general, we find that multiple accounts often causes confusion and issues such as this. If you would like to merge them, you can contact support.fantasygrounds.com and give them the info on the two accounts and which one you want to keep.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 22:51
I believe I found the issue. You actually have two accounts: PRAdams and PhilAdams. PRAdams has all 3 of those items subscribed, but PhilAdams only has MoreCore and Coin Flip subscribed. PhilAdams has all your actual purchases and stuff.

In general, we find that multiple accounts often causes confusion and issues such as this. If you would like to merge them, you can contact support.fantasygrounds.com and give them the info on the two accounts and which one you want to keep.

This is what I suspected (those accounts are matched to different email addresses). Thanks!

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 22:52
Could you try renaming the extensions/modules/rulesets/vault folders; then running a brand new update. This will rule out any issues with locked files in the file system; and any unpacked versions of any of the files.

EDIT: Before that, are you sure you are logging into your PRAdams account, and not some other account on FGU?

Yup, using PRAdams. The full reload didn't work. Thanks, though!

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2022, 23:00
Yup, using PRAdams.
Your screenshot in post #23 shows you're logging into FG Unity with PhilAdams. As ddavison says in post #42, PhilAdams only has MoreCore and Coin Flip, not Cyberpink RED. Change your login account in the FG Unity application settings to PRAdams and run an update.

PRAdams
June 3rd, 2022, 23:20
Your screenshot in post #23 shows you're logging into FG Unity with PhilAdams. As ddavison says in post #42, PhilAdams only has MoreCore and Coin Flip, not Cyberpink RED. Change your login account in the FG Unity application settings to PRAdams and run an update.

:confused: That's bizarre and embarrassing (that I haven't noticed it until now). And now when I try to change Settings, the app crashes. Could the ticket I opened to merge the accounts/UserIDs already be in process? I haven't received a Jira # or anything.

Looking at it, that's doubly bizarre. I guess it has always been PhilAdams there? I'm not sure how to update it.

I've updated my FGU app to be PRAdams, but it won't work until they merge the accounts.