PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker

Onegrayson
October 10th, 2007, 05:59
Where may I find what all the icons on the combat tracker represent? What is the grid 5 and "clock" 5 mean, as well as the luminescent aura and the ying-yang like arrows denote?

I have downloaded the manual, but cannot find what these entries entail.

Thanks for any feedback.

Foen
October 10th, 2007, 06:30
The grid and 'clock' are for the player/creature's space and reach. They have an impact when you place a token (from the combat tracker) on to a map with a grid enabled.

I'm not sure what you mean by the aura: if you are talking about the icon of a person (next to the shield and sword) then this opens an area for typing in effect (such as 'stunned' or 'mage armor'). Type the name of the effect in the first box, the duration (in rounds) in the next box, and -1 in the third box (with the rotating arrows). Each round the counter will fall by one until the effect is exhausted.

Hope that helps

Stuart

Griogre
October 10th, 2007, 08:10
You might want to check out the combat tracker documentation here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide/combattracker.xcp

On the left is a series of topics. If you downloaded a PDF then that is for FG1.

Onegrayson
October 11th, 2007, 01:23
Perfect! Thanks for the link as well. Lots of cool features, I think I am just skimming the surface and will have more questions as I begin to utilize the program. Is there a PDF manual for FG2?

Thanks All.

Griogre
October 11th, 2007, 02:49
No, right now there is no PDF for FG2. They went with this style of online documentation. Of course, you could tell your browser to save it for use off line.

Onegrayson
October 12th, 2007, 05:23
That is all good. Another question, and I will see if I can find it with the on-line reference as well, but why can't my players move their tokens themselves. I have checked and they are not locked. I placed them from the combat tracker onto the playing field grid, the appropiate aura (green, yellow or red) comes on - but they can't move the token themselves. What am I doing wrong or what have I checked on/off that needs to be altered?

Tokens Lock = the lock is open and/or closed and I get same result.

Thanks.

Astinus
October 12th, 2007, 05:48
Players can only move tokens that are linked to their character. If you drag the player's portrait directly to the map, they can move it. Or, you can drag the portrait to the Combat Tracker, and then drag it to the map. Also, once the player's portrait has been dragged to the Combat Tracker, you can replace the portrait image with any other token, and then drag that token to the map. The players should be able to act on the token in all these cases.

Whether or not the player can move these linked tokens, or just indicate where they want to move, depends on whether you lock the tokens or not. But regardless of whether tokens are locked or not, if the token isn't linked to the player, he can't move it.

Dachannien
October 12th, 2007, 08:29
Also, tokens that aren't linked to the combat tracker at all are movable by players.

Griogre
October 12th, 2007, 16:31
Also thought I would mention that if locked tokens now have way points. To use the player just drags to the first point hits the space bar and drags to the second point, ect.