PDA

View Full Version : 5e Jack of All Trades (and Glibness) extension (FGU)

Kael the Adventurer
May 9th, 2022, 01:38
Hey everyone! I wrote an extension that automates the Bard class feature Jack of All Trades, and also adds functionality for the Glibness spell. If that's something that interests you, check it out here! :) Works for FGU, D&D 5e.

Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/630/view
Github: https://github.com/ThatDudeThatIsOverThere/Jack_of_All_Trades_plus_Glibness

Cheers,
~Kael the Adventurer

Version 1.2: Initial release, includes Jack of All Trades and Glibness
Version 1.3: (not released) Added Remarkable Athlete as per Charmov's suggestion (post #3)
Version 1.3.1: (not released) Added a README file
Version 1.4: (not released) Fixed a bug where JoAT and RA were stacking (they are not supposed to)
Version 1.4.1: Added some minor future-proofing (made it easier to include other features that add 1/2 proficiency later if that should be necessary), expanded README
Version 1.4.2: Cosmetic update (new extension icon, organization of xml file)

rhagelstrom
May 9th, 2022, 02:31
Looks great.

charmov
May 9th, 2022, 04:13
Seems very cool. One addition to suggest is the Remarkable Athlete Champion subclass feature. It functions like JoAT but only applies to STR,DEX,CON checks and rounds up.

Can't wait to try this out, thank you!

Kael the Adventurer
May 9th, 2022, 05:02
Seems very cool. One addition to suggest is the Remarkable Athlete Champion subclass feature. It functions like JoAT but only applies to STR,DEX,CON checks and rounds up.

Can't wait to try this out, thank you!

Ooh, you're absolutely right! I bet I could do that :)

Kael the Adventurer
May 12th, 2022, 00:11
I have uploaded a new build that includes Remarkable Athlete stuff if you are interested :)

Minty23185Fresh
January 16th, 2023, 17:23
In the Forge you mention a readme file... Where do you put it?

Kael the Adventurer
January 17th, 2023, 01:04
To find the readme file, simply unzip/extract the extension, the readme should be an .md file at the bottom of the folder that has the scripts/strings folders and the .xml file for the extension itself. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

ThatDudeOverThere
March 29th, 2023, 20:26
In the Forge you mention a readme file... Where do you put it?

If anyone is looking for the readme file in the future, it should be available at the bottom of the linked github page now. You can still unpack the extension if you wish to do it that way but it should be a little more straightforward now.