PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Saga Edition

GoOrange
October 8th, 2007, 16:17
I think the ruleset/charsheet is finished, but I haven't been able to get anyone to try it out on their machines and get back to me. Still, I think it is pretty stable at this point. If you do find any major bugs, let me know and I'll look into fixing them.

The download link is here: SWSEruleset (https://www.mediafire.com/?clmzmcoyd2g)

Enjoy!

cbradshaw007
October 8th, 2007, 17:27
Great work! I look forward to using it to run the Dawn of Defiance Campaign.

Thanks for the hard work.

darxus
October 8th, 2007, 18:07
Thanks this is really great :)

Please help when trying to load the module I get the following error:

Thanks in advance

VgnFrnd
October 8th, 2007, 18:51
I think the ruleset/charsheet is finished

Woo Hoo!

{chanting} GoOrange! GoOrange! GoOrange! {/chanting}

I can hardly wait to get home and see it in action! :)

thrylax
October 8th, 2007, 19:58
I can't download it......is the link busted?

VgnFrnd
October 8th, 2007, 20:00
I right-clicked and chose "save-as."

GoOrange
October 8th, 2007, 20:11

I haven't seen that before, and the error message doesn't make much sense to me. I went back and looked at that file and the code appears fine at that line.

When is the error occurring? You mentioned when trying to load the module, but there weren't any modules included in the ruleset. Are you trying to add on a different module to the ruleset?

darxus
October 9th, 2007, 08:59
This happens when I try and create a local character and select the SW module from the list

GoOrange
October 9th, 2007, 13:52
This happens when I try and create a local character and select the SW module from the list

I don't get an error on my machine when I do that, and can't offer much help at this point. If anyone else notices it and has any ideas, let me know.

GoOrange
October 9th, 2007, 16:42
I made a minor tweak to the ruleset. The link has been updated to the most recent version.

Illrigger
October 9th, 2007, 19:42
Very nice job! Thanks for sharing :)

thrylax
October 9th, 2007, 20:16
I finally got it to download and I got the following error in the console while playing around with the character sheet.

[09.10.2007 15:12] Script Error: [string "scripts/template_modifiernumber.lua"]:21: attempt to index upvalue 'modifierFieldNode' (a nil value)
Any thoughts on this?

I also looked around the scripts and noticed that in the "charsheet_mail.xml" file, in line 1711 I notied an extra "-->" which seems to have no opening comment attached to it.....I don't think that has anything to do with the error I was getting though because I removed it and I still get the same error.

Thanks again for the ruleset however.....I hope to put it to good use soon.

GoOrange
October 9th, 2007, 22:26
I finally got it to download and I got the following error in the console while playing around with the character sheet.

[09.10.2007 15:12] Script Error: [string "scripts/template_modifiernumber.lua"]:21: attempt to index upvalue 'modifierFieldNode' (a nil value)
Any thoughts on this?

I also looked around the scripts and noticed that in the "charsheet_mail.xml" file, in line 1711 I notied an extra "-->" which seems to have no opening comment attached to it.....I don't think that has anything to do with the error I was getting though because I removed it and I still get the same error.

Thanks again for the ruleset however.....I hope to put it to good use soon.

Hmm. That's an odd one. The scripts it refers to haven't been tampered with (same as d20 ruleset). What were you doing at the time? Were you in Host, client, or local mode? Exactly what page of the character sheet were you on (or what window did you have open - combat tracker, personality page, charactersheet etc.)?

One weird bug that may be contributing is this: Every so often when creating a new character in local mode, the program decides to put in a new blank skill line. This causes bad things to happen (like crashes). It only happens for me in local mode, and only occasionally with new characters, never with old characters. You notice it, close that charsheet and create a new one before proceeding. Not exactly a fix, but something to keep in mind. If I ever figure out what is causing the extra line to appear I'll be sure to fix it!

I'll delete the extra comment closer and put it in the next patch.

I also just made a small fix to the armorwidget that was mis-positioned in the latest patch. In the charsheet_skills.xml page, change line 372 to this:

armorwidget.setPosition("center", -215, 1); or just re-download the whole thing.

Illrigger
October 9th, 2007, 23:50
Small bug, if you autosort the token box, token bags get moved off-screen every time. It's like they're lining up with the outside right edge of the token box instead of the inside left one.

GoOrange
October 10th, 2007, 00:31
Small bug, if you autosort the token box, token bags get moved off-screen every time. It's like they're lining up with the outside right edge of the token box instead of the inside left one.

Yeah, I noticed that one but have no idea why it's happening. I didn't actually modify any of the code relating to tokens. I wonder if it has to do with the tokenbox graphic that I changed. The good new is that if you shuffle the tokens, they all stay in the proper box. Autosort seems to work for any level other than the top level for me.

thrylax
October 10th, 2007, 03:36
The problem occurs when I host a game and make a new character sheet. After it opens, on the main page, down at the bottom under Condition, there are 6 number boxes. The error pops up whenever I try to alter those numbers by rolling the mouse wheel on them. Every time that happens I get.............

[09.10.2007 22:33] Script Error: [string "scripts/template_modifiernumber.lua"]:21: attempt to index upvalue 'modifierFieldNode' (a nil value)

I don't know too much about Saga Editon yet, so I'm not even sure that the numbers for condition are meant to be altered or not.....but every time I try it, it crashes.

GoOrange
October 10th, 2007, 15:30
The problem occurs when I host a game and make a new character sheet. After it opens, on the main page, down at the bottom under Condition, there are 6 number boxes. The error pops up whenever I try to alter those numbers by rolling the mouse wheel on them. Every time that happens I get.............

[09.10.2007 22:33] Script Error: [string "scripts/template_modifiernumber.lua"]:21: attempt to index upvalue 'modifierFieldNode' (a nil value)

I don't know too much about Saga Editon yet, so I'm not even sure that the numbers for condition are meant to be altered or not.....but every time I try it, it crashes.

Thanks for the detailed explanation - it helped. The condition modifiers weren't meant to be adjusted. They're static modifiers to your actions based on your level of injury. This is where my testing fell short, since you're not supposed to be adjusting the numbers, I forgot to check what happens when you try to adjust the numbers.

It should be fixed now, I changed the frames to a numbercontrol with the readonly tag. I've updated the link with the latest edition. (And switched file hosting services, media max seems like a big pile of rubbish every so often so I'm trying something new).

Thanks again for the bug info!

Oberoten
October 10th, 2007, 16:28
Have you done all the graphics work on your own? Would you be interested in additional icons and the like? (I am kinda looking for a graphics challenge ATM. )

cbradshaw007
October 11th, 2007, 02:19
I would be interested in any graphics you have to offer. As I told GoOrange, I liked the ruleset but I feel it needs a bit more metal to feel right for the game. I have combined graphics from 3 different rulesets to get closer to what I am looking for. I'll post it once I add afew more bits.

zDisturbed1
October 12th, 2007, 00:04
Thanks this is really great :)

Thanks in advance

Has anyone figured this out yet because I am getitng th same error it happend when i try and host or when i try and create local characters

GoOrange
October 12th, 2007, 00:46
Oberoten - I was satisfied with the graphics I came up with for now and wasn't planning on making any changes in the near future. Cbradshaw007 was interested in coming up with some different graphics and I suggested that he just put together an alternate skin, making a zip of the image and frames folders that people could plug in if they wanted. I suppose if we came up with some cool stuff we could combine them into a nicer looking package down the road, but for now I'm happy with my basic (amateurish, I know) graphics.

Oberoten
October 12th, 2007, 03:10
I would be interested in any graphics you have to offer. As I told GoOrange, I liked the ruleset but I feel it needs a bit more metal to feel right for the game. I have combined graphics from 3 different rulesets to get closer to what I am looking for. I'll post it once I add afew more bits.

Well, describe what you need and I can probably slap something together for you. :) As I said.. I am looking for a few challenges in the art department to keep my skills up.

Longavida
October 12th, 2007, 22:05
I got the same error as zDisturber1 got.

It happens when I try to Creat and View Local Characters or Host a Game and then select the SWSE ruleset

Perhaps is something needed to modify? I just put the SWSE into the ruleset folder.

Longavida
October 12th, 2007, 22:37
Ah, is this ruleset available just for FGII?

Illrigger
October 13th, 2007, 00:08
Yep, it's a FG2 ruleset. Time to upgrade!

Oberoten
October 13th, 2007, 08:10
Ah, is this ruleset available just for FGII?

Yeah, but that won't be a problem. The update to FG2 is free, and the new version installs side by side with 1.x so you won't lose any campaigns you are allready running.

darxus
October 13th, 2007, 18:47
Hi

Can someone please give some instructions on how to add this ruleset to FG II

Thanks

Oberoten
October 14th, 2007, 07:08
Unpack the Zip file to your desktop. You will get a directory named SWSE.

Now go to the start-menu and find your fantasygrounds group, in this there should be a link to "Application Data Folder" open this, go to "Rulesets" and finally move the SWSE directory from the desktop to the rulesets directory. All Done.

darxus
October 14th, 2007, 10:44
Ok I follwed the instruction but I get the following error message, any help?

joeru
October 14th, 2007, 12:17
You probably extracted the zip file so that the path to the ruleset is \rulesets\SWSEruleset\SWSE\ ... move the SWSE directory one level upwards so it's \rulesets\SWSE\

darxus
October 15th, 2007, 19:33
nope it is directly under the ruleset folder

Illrigger
October 15th, 2007, 22:58
You're running the full version of Fantasy Grounds 2 and the latest patch? What OS? And where did you put the file, under Program Files, or in the App Path under your user data folder (the shortcut on the start menu)?

mearrin69
October 16th, 2007, 19:08
I downloaded this and am going to try it out soon but I just wanted to say thanks for taking this on. I worked for a while on my own ruleset for SWSE but the code was not really that far along. Maybe I'll see if I can adapt the graphics I've already done for this one. Thanks again!
M

Lysander
October 17th, 2007, 04:12
Everything worked fine with me, and I had a buddy log in and it downloaded w/out a hitch. I did get the token box problem when you auto sort, but it lets me recover any of the 'dice bags' that are not on the far left.

Is there anyone that has put together a ruleset to put in the library of the program?

And I give GoOrage +1 permanent Force Point!

Illrigger
October 17th, 2007, 07:54
Is there anyone that has put together a ruleset to put in the library of the program?
HA! That would be a guaranteed visit from Lucas and WotC's lawyers. Be happy that GoOrange has released this and hasn't gotten in trouble for it.

You are, of course, free to build your own. I wouldn't advise distributing it, however.

GoOrange
October 17th, 2007, 15:48
Glad to hear people are getting use out of the ruleset.

I haven't looked to deeply into the autosort bug, but if you shuffle tokens, they seem to stay on the page just fine.

Illrigger
October 17th, 2007, 17:26
A quick workaround for the autosort is to shrink the token box with ctrl-drag, autosort, then ctrl-drag back out. Works for me :)

rushl23
October 17th, 2007, 21:44
Hi! It's a great mod, and I'm certainly going to use it!

The only two bugs I seem to have encountered is that it doesn't seem to be adding the Dex bonus to the Reflex Save, and the Initiative score on the Main and Combat pages isn't pulling the skill value.

Thanks for your great work!

rushl

GoOrange
October 17th, 2007, 23:34
The only two bugs I seem to have encountered is that it doesn't seem to be adding the Dex bonus to the Reflex Save, and the Initiative score on the Main and Combat pages isn't pulling the skill value.

The ruleset does both. The update features can be a little wonky at times and so you may have to switch between one page and the next to get the values to update, but it definitely adds in Dex bonus to the Reflex save and the initiative score (in the current version) does take the skill value and add it in.

rushl23
October 18th, 2007, 17:00
Well, unless you've updated since yesterday afternoon, something must be wrong on my end. My 1st level character has a 15 Dex, and a class bonus of +1 (Jedi). The sheet shows "+1 +2 +1 +10 = 12" for the Reflex. I could change the Dex, and the Reflex stayed 12...

I don't have any other mods in, so could there be a setting or something somewhere? I'm also trained in Init, so I've got a +7, but the sheets all say 0.

I will also note that this is a GM-created character. I didn't have any players logged in, just me running the server. Should I redownload and install? Could something have got screwy somewhere along the way?

Thanks again for the great mod, and your help!

rushl

GoOrange
October 19th, 2007, 12:51
OK, thanks for the extra info. I'll take a look and see if I can repeat the behavior on my end.

Edit:

The reflex save has me baffled. I have noticed odd behavior with AC updating funny, but exiting the character sheet and reopening it, or just changing pages usually made it go away. When I make a character on my machine with the same statistics you supplied, it seems to work just fine. Try making another character and see if things work better.

Also, with the initiative, I have an idea what may be going wrong, but don't have any clue how to fix it. Check the skills page. If there is a blank skill line at the bottom, it throws off the lookup for the initiative skill. I have found that if you delete this line, then the program crashes when you close the character sheet. It doesn't always put the line there for new characters, and I have no idea why it does it occasionally. Thankfully, it doesn't do this on characters that have already been made, only at initial generation of a new character. Next time you make a character, check the skills page first for the blank line at the bottom (before you start typing in character info). If it's there, delete the character and start again.

Unfortunately, I have no idea why these things occur occasionally. If anyone else comes up with a fix or can identify the source of the problem, I'd gladly update the code.

rushl23
October 20th, 2007, 17:21
Hmm, the skill line was there, so I can keep an eye out for that. Thanks! I made another character, and it wasn't there, so the Init skill worked fine.

As for the Reflex, it's got to be something involved with adding up the Reflex Save. It's just not adding in the Dex modifier. I can set the Dex to anything and it won't account for it.

Anyway, it's a great mod, and I'm really looking forward to using it! Thanks!

rushl

thecommabandit
December 30th, 2007, 18:37
Hey, I've tried installing this ruleset but have come across a problem. When I try to start it up with the ruleset the program exclaims "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml" and offers to try and load it again. Naturally, it just continues to pop up with the error message :P Any idea what may be wrong?

EDIT: God I've just realised I've resurrected this thread from a while ago. Sorry =(

Blue Haven
December 30th, 2007, 22:50
Hey, I've tried installing this ruleset but have come across a problem. When I try to start it up with the ruleset the program exclaims "Could not load ruleset root file base.xml" and offers to try and load it again. Naturally, it just continues to pop up with the error message :P Any idea what may be wrong?

EDIT: God I've just realised I've resurrected this thread from a while ago. Sorry =(

I don´t know if this one,its your problem but, if you rename the folder of the ruleset or name it with special characters, the ruleset doesn´t work, it gives the same error that you´re talking about...it happens to me when i change the name of the folder in almost every ruleset i create...

thecommabandit
December 30th, 2007, 23:51
Nope, not using any special characters, just called it "SWSE" and "Star Wars Saga Edition" and it works for neither.

Illrigger
January 1st, 2008, 22:44
You're using FG2 and the latest patch level? People having this error before were trying to run it on FG1.

thecommabandit
January 2nd, 2008, 13:13
Yep, patch 2.1.0 and FG2. I'm assuming it's the latest since the auto-updater doesn't download anything and there's nothing on the site about a patch for FG2.

joshuha
January 2nd, 2008, 14:05

Sounds like you may have buried it too deep. In the rulesets folder is it just one folder containing the ruleset (whatever the name is) and under that base.xml? No nesting of the main folder right?

thecommabandit
January 2nd, 2008, 20:59
The file path is [...]Application Data\Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\SWSE\base.xml No nesting... Just had a thought: does it require the full licence to run? I only have the lite (I'm just trying to create a local character) but my GM-to-be claims that he can run it fine.

joshuha
January 2nd, 2008, 21:06
Yes right now (technically) it does require the full license to run to create characters offline for custom rulesets.

thecommabandit
January 2nd, 2008, 21:12
Ah, that'll be it then! Shame really, I've spent so much time lovingly crafting my character, but now the reason for my GM scheduling character creation sessions is suddenly very obvious.

Okkio
July 17th, 2008, 19:01
I've been fiddling around with this in anticipation of a campaign that we're planning on taking from the tabletop to fantasy grounds so we can play it a bit more regularly, it seems that the initiative skill doens't carry over to the combat section, not sure if you've encountered this problem yourself.Otherwise it's fantastic!

Honduras
July 21st, 2008, 12:41
It's just simpler to roll the initative skill really, to circumvent the problem.