PDA

View Full Version : Miniature Games Ported to FGU

t3xx3r
May 3rd, 2022, 22:42
Has anyone developed a ruleset for FGU that was originally designed as a tabletop wargame with virtually no RPG elements, except combat, scenarios, turns, with dices, damages, and special effects that were applied?

This raised my curiosity because I've been looking at TTWG for quite a while and found that some of them can be easily translatable to FGU not purely as a wargame but potentially with RPG elements as well. For example, GURPS Traveller is based off of GURPS, an RPG toolkit, but is deep into the Traveller's universe. It is not a wargame per se, but it does have tactical space combat that is treated as one, iirc.

superteddy57
May 4th, 2022, 00:04
I've been playing Two Hour Wargame, Kill Team, and Epic 40k with FG. So it's possible, just needs coding and setting things up. You could even use CoreRPG for most wargames.

t3xx3r
May 4th, 2022, 00:53
That's great news, superteddy57! Thanks for responding. I plan on doing a ruleset for a friend of mine but I also am currently looking into a miniature game's rules to see if it can be designed from the ground up using the Ruleset Wizard (when I purchase it, of course!).

I'd like to grab a copy of Epic 40K.