PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players - (5e) Dungeon of the Mad Mage

1sagemode1
May 3rd, 2022, 20:43
On a whim I purchased Dungeon of the Mad Mage, and am now looking for 4-6 players (plus alternates in case of no-shows / cancellations) to attempt to conquer it. I am pretty new to Fantasy Grounds itself, so please have patience with me as I learn the software. We'll also use Discord to communicate in game. Since I don't know how to decide who to select to play, it will be first come first served.

The game will be weekly, every Saturday at 9pm EST.

Here's the link to the campaign on the Game Calendar -- DotMM (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=6354)

You'll start at 5th level, using the standard stat array and races and classes from the PHB only.

If you are interested and can commit for a potentially long term game, create a 5th level character and post him/her below.

-----

In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called the Yawning Portal, named after the gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinthine dungeon shunned by all but the most daring adventurers. Known as Undermountain, this dungeon is the domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak. Long has the Mad Mage dwelt in these forlorn depths, seeding his lair with monsters, traps, and mysteries—to what end is a constant source of speculation and concern.

For a variety of reasons, you and your companions have decided to brave the dangers of Undermountain.

Campaign Type: Episodic, Combat-heavy
Campaign Length: As long as it takes to complete
Game Frequency: Bi-Weekly
Primary Language: English
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes (Discord)

Player Experience Level: Any
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Low -- I am just starting to use Fantasy Grounds, so there is a lot I don't know but I will continue to learn how to use the software as we go.

OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: 5
Ending Level: 20
Character Restrictions: Only core classes and races (PHB only)

Zomnivore
May 4th, 2022, 02:34
I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the finer points of fantasy grounds so I wouldn't quite know what to do, but here's the scope of what I would play. Also I'm CST

Citric Clipper

Mountain Dwarf

Barbarian Beserker

STR 19
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 13
CHA 10

Background Noble

Starting Equipment, well without really going into it scissors an iron razor, brewers supplies, and a mirror.

A barber turned adventurer. Particularly heated about his appearance getting out of control. Lives and breaths on their honor that they use to advertise to clients. After claiming heroic deeds, they were tested in scuffles with other artistically inclined aristocrats and has earned a level of prowess thanks to such run ins they've actually gained the valor they'd previously claimed.

Serrik
May 4th, 2022, 23:32
I'd be interested in joining. I have about a year and a half fantasy grounds experience and 8 yrs of d&d experience. I'm laid back, love to have fun and enjoy teamwork. I would be interested in playing a human warlock, but I can do another character depending on group needs. Didn't want to post a whole character if I need to change it. If you need the stats, lmk and I'll post them though. Thanks for the consideration.

1sagemode1
May 5th, 2022, 23:23
I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the finer points of fantasy grounds so I wouldn't quite know what to do, but here's the scope of what I would play. Also I'm CST

Citric Clipper

Mountain Dwarf

Barbarian Beserker

STR 19
DEX 12
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 13
CHA 10

Background Noble

Starting Equipment, well without really going into it scissors an iron razor, brewers supplies, and a mirror.

A barber turned adventurer. Particularly heated about his appearance getting out of control. Lives and breaths on their honor that they use to advertise to clients. After claiming heroic deeds, they were tested in scuffles with other artistically inclined aristocrats and has earned a level of prowess thanks to such run ins they've actually gained the valor they'd previously claimed.

Ha! I love it! Sounds good Zomnivore. :)

1sagemode1
May 5th, 2022, 23:25
I'd be interested in joining. I have about a year and a half fantasy grounds experience and 8 yrs of d&d experience. I'm laid back, love to have fun and enjoy teamwork. I would be interested in playing a human warlock, but I can do another character depending on group needs. Didn't want to post a whole character if I need to change it. If you need the stats, lmk and I'll post them though. Thanks for the consideration.

Sounds good, Serrik. For now I'll put you down for a human warlock.

Phithis
May 6th, 2022, 03:43
This does sound interesting, but I already have a game most Saturdays. Is that set in stone or could say Friday or Sunday work? As far as what I'd play I'm comfortable playing/enjoy playing everything. I've been playing thirty plus years and using FG for quite a long time and would be happy to fill any slot the group needs.

Naplam
May 6th, 2022, 16:23
Character Name: Ehlo Vangblade
Class: Rogue
Subclass: (Assassin)
Level: 5
Race/Subrace: Half-Orc

Strength: 16
Dexterity: 19
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 15
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 9

scopius
May 7th, 2022, 18:05
I would like to join your campaign. I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds, I rolled a character just for practice, but I could bring him along. He is a wizard, I would need to level him up to level 5. I could also play a cleric if one is needed. I like to role play when it is called for, and I am pretty familiar with the rules from video games like Pathfinder. Really want to play with other people now. Thanks for your consideration.

-Michael

scopius
May 7th, 2022, 18:14
Here is my wiz:

Name: Malachi Diamond
Class: Wizard
Subclass: (Evoker)
Level: 5
Race/Subrace: Half-Elf

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 16
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 11

FlyingSaucer93
May 7th, 2022, 23:52
I would be interested in playing. I have played one game using Fantasy Grounds so I am still learning. From the classes I see above I would most likely go for a Cleric. Most of my gaming has been on 3 and 3.5 but have played a couple of 5e games and am comfortable with the 5e rules. If there are still open seats I can build send over a quick build for the Cleric or any other class that would be helpful.

-Jeff

1sagemode1
May 9th, 2022, 03:24
@Phithis, this game needs to be Saturday, sorry.

Ok, so from the looks of it we've got the following five players.

Zomnivore - Citric Clipper, Mountain Dwarf Barbarian Beserker
Serrik - Human Warlock
Naplam - Ehlo Vangblade, Half-orc Rogue Assassin
scopius - Malachi Diamond, Half-Elf Wizard Evoker
FlyingSaucer93 - Cleric

Could possibly accommodate one more, but if not then that's enough to start. The first session will be this coming Saturday 5/14 at 9pm. We'll all connect to Discord and Unity (will send those details via DM) and select/enter our characters, then will dive right in. Looking forward to it!

Dracorex
May 12th, 2022, 18:11
Is there any openings I can join

1sagemode1
May 12th, 2022, 22:30
Is there any openings I can join
Good timing. One left! Stand by for intro DMs.

Dracorex
May 12th, 2022, 22:40
What is the discord name

Docholiday7385
May 14th, 2022, 22:29
I've got a human Shadow monk or an elf Conj Wiz ready using standard array.
If you've got an open spot in your game..

1sagemode1
May 15th, 2022, 02:12
I've got a human Shadow monk or an elf Conj Wiz ready using standard array.
If you've got an open spot in your game..

Sure, come on in. I'll send you the discord group link in a DM.

For the others, a couple are in and building characters. If you are still interested come on in.

1sagemode1
May 15th, 2022, 19:22
Good time last night, guys. Looking forward to the next session!