PDA

View Full Version : Game Masters Tool Kit Booklet

Chewie81
May 3rd, 2022, 01:19
I have read on a number of forums and reddit that the booklet that comes part of the gamemasters toolkit contains a fair bit of added info,maps, tables and guidance relating to running a Fallout game. Stuff they didn't put in the coore book because it would of made it 100 pages longer and more expensive to produce and then sell. Just wondering if this is on the cards to be added to fantasy grounds too?

Valyar
May 3rd, 2022, 18:55
For the record, those extra pages won't make the book harder to sell. It is already overpriced. :)

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2022, 19:13
I have read on a number of forums and reddit that the booklet that comes part of the gamemasters toolkit contains a fair bit of added info,maps, tables and guidance relating to running a Fallout game. Stuff they didn't put in the coore book because it would of made it 100 pages longer and more expensive to produce and then sell. Just wondering if this is on the cards to be added to fantasy grounds too?

Unfortunately we don't provide ETAs on product conversions. Depends on the developer in completing the conversion.

Valyar
May 23rd, 2022, 20:02
Is the content in the works? I just found the booklet via very original PDF file and I am outraged how much critical info is put in this supplement instead of the core book... :(

superteddy57
May 23rd, 2022, 20:09
I'm not aware, but we will announce it if anyone has it completed. If you wish to inquire on creating the content, you can email [email protected] for more information.

hawkwind
August 30th, 2022, 22:24
and now its been released, Hurrah!

ddavison
August 31st, 2022, 22:24
To answer the other question, it does contain some cool and useful information for an Overseer. Much of the content works alongside stuff from the Core Rulebook and would be a welcome addition to anyone running a game. I'm actually starting to run a game locally and building this content was what helped me pull the trigger to decide to run a game.

From a pricing perspective, we were able to negotiate with Modiphius to get a lower price point for this product to more accurately reflect the amount of content that was included. Much of the physical product would not apply to the FG version, so that allowed us to price it at $14.99.

If you get it, please let us know what you think.

hawkwind
September 1st, 2022, 07:59
Not had a chance to look at it properly yet but it looks good.
Is starter set coming to FG. Keen to have the adventure!

ddavison
September 1st, 2022, 13:14
Not had a chance to look at it properly yet but it looks good.
Is starter set coming to FG. Keen to have the adventure!

Yes. I finished the adventure and it looks like it will probably go out next week. The starter set only includes the adventure because the rest is duplicated content from the Core Rulebook.

Shinmuriel
September 1st, 2022, 16:00

The GM's Toolkit is only about 60 pages and 40 pages of it are corrected loot tables that should have been properly proof read before the Core book was released. There's only about 15 pages of worth while material on navigation and scavenging that is useful. In my opinion it was a cheap ploy to get more money out of the Core Rulebook.

esmdev
September 1st, 2022, 19:07
I see there are some area maps, are there any battle maps or mission maps?

ddavison
September 1st, 2022, 19:16
No tactical battle maps. There are only 2 maps and it is for the wasteland and fir the Boston area. It is a single large flip mat. It would be useful for campaign level movement but not for combat.

Valyar
September 1st, 2022, 21:39
Great customer friendly move with negotiating lower price. Thanks for that, as it softens the insult from the Modiphius’ decision to cut from the core book.

ddavison
September 1st, 2022, 23:58
Here is a walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTN3XrjAE8

JohnD
September 5th, 2022, 02:11
Looks like a good value added product for a Fallout game.

sirkerry
September 6th, 2022, 18:24
No tactical battle maps. There are only 2 maps and it is for the wasteland and fir the Boston area. It is a single large flip mat. It would be useful for campaign level movement but not for combat.

Does the FGU version of the Fallout ruleset support tactical battle map play or is it intended for theater of the mind play primarily?

superteddy57
September 6th, 2022, 18:35
You can import images for the battle space and use the standard features provided by CoreRPG. There is no specific and dedicated zone support.