PDA

View Full Version : loading / unloading extensions

Morenu
April 30th, 2022, 22:43
I am sure this is a no, but I have to ask as we are diagnosing an issue...

is there a way to load or unload extensions without exiting and restarting your world (and adjusting the extensions before you hit start)? Reloading takes SO long and diagnosing is frustrating.

Zacchaeus
April 30th, 2022, 22:59
Nope. You can’t unload or load an extension once you are in a campaign. You can only do that at the selection stage before starting the campaign.

kevininrussia
May 7th, 2022, 21:26
Would be nice to have a "Select All" and "Clear All" on the add extensions area.

damned
May 8th, 2022, 06:34
In FGU all selected/active extensions (on reload) are all listed at the top making them easy to untick.

kevininrussia
May 8th, 2022, 19:11
In FGU all selected/active extensions (on reload) are all listed at the top making them easy to untick.

True, but if you have 30+ extensions it becomes tedious. click-click-click-scroll-click-click-click-scroll-Zzzzzz :-)

Something like this would be nice:

https://i.imgur.com/3UHISWe.png

Moon Wizard
May 8th, 2022, 19:39
If you are that advanced, you can probably just deleted the extensionstate.xml in the campaign folder to clear the decks.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
May 8th, 2022, 19:44
Select All would cause a support nightmare because with the included theme extensions there would always be conflicts. And if you give an option of Select All, then too many people are going to think All is better than None.

Lo Zeno
May 9th, 2022, 08:30
Select All would cause a support nightmare because with the included theme extensions there would always be conflicts. And if you give an option of Select All, then too many people are going to think All is better than None.

This is a very good point in terms of usability and user intention (better to make sure the user did intend to activate an extension, rather than to accidentally activate one because it was in "all"). On the other hand, a "disable all" button would be hugely convenient when trying to replicate a bug to see if it was caused by an extension or not.

kevininrussia
May 9th, 2022, 09:04
Or have in Settings “Developer Options” like Android to turn on this functionality.

Ulric
May 10th, 2022, 02:27
I make a duplicate of the extensionstate.xml before making changes. This allows me to easily switch back to my original extension load. I have also printed this file and marked off each line as I have tested.