PDA

View Full Version : Issues on critical hit with High Critical weapon + bonus damage dice

Alec McCast
April 27th, 2022, 19:25
Hello,

I run a game with a paladin who got the power Utility lvl2 Bless Weapon and play with a Full blade that is a High Critical weapon.

52558 52559

So with the "Bless Weapon" is activate the charater give an extra 1d6 radiant damage, and on a critical hit with the High Crit it deals 1[W] extra dmg on 1st to 10th level.

Exemple:

On a Basic Melee Attack with no Bless Weapon active, the crit dmg roll on Fullblade is 1g12+1d12+[STR]

On a Basic Melee Attack with Bless Weapon active, the crit dmg roll on Fullblade is 1g12+1d12+1d6+[STR]
But when the effect of the 1d6 extra dmg is applied (DMG: 1d6 radiant) it rolls 2g12+1d6+[STR]

So it maxes the High Crit die when it shouldn't.

-----------------------------------------------------

I have another question link to this Bless Weapon power. It gives the effect that you get a critical hit on a 18-20 on a radiant vulnerable creature.
Is there anyway to script that effect with "IF" ?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Alec

Alec McCast
May 9th, 2022, 15:15
Hello,

I run a game with a paladin who got the power Utility lvl2 Bless Weapon and play with a Full blade that is a High Critical weapon.

52558 52559

So with the "Bless Weapon" is activate the charater give an extra 1d6 radiant damage, and on a critical hit with the High Crit it deals 1[W] extra dmg on 1st to 10th level.

Exemple:

On a Basic Melee Attack with no Bless Weapon active, the crit dmg roll on Fullblade is 1g12+1d12+[STR]

On a Basic Melee Attack with Bless Weapon active, the crit dmg roll on Fullblade is 1g12+1d12+1d6+[STR]
But when the effect of the 1d6 extra dmg is applied (DMG: 1d6 radiant) it rolls 2g12+1d6+[STR]

So it maxes the High Crit die when it shouldn't.

-----------------------------------------------------

I have another question link to this Bless Weapon power. It gives the effect that you get a critical hit on a 18-20 on a radiant vulnerable creature.
Is there anyway to script that effect with "IF" ?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Alec

Hi I relaunch the previous questions asked if anybody has an answer or an idea about this. Particularly the dev team please.

Thanks,

Alec

Moon Wizard
May 10th, 2022, 16:01
Thanks for reporting. I'll investigate and see about adding a fix for the next set of ruleset updates, which are still a few weeks out.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
May 10th, 2022, 18:28
I was actually able to slip this smaller fix in with the weekly updates this week.

Regards,
JPG

Alec McCast
May 11th, 2022, 11:30
Thanks a lot for the patch !

Alec