PDA

View Full Version : Official Fallout 2d20 Bug Report Thread

superteddy57
April 26th, 2022, 15:57
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

ddavison
April 26th, 2022, 23:44
I just want to add that this ruleset was developed in-house by Superteddy57 and SmiteWorks. We think he did a great job and we tested it pretty heavily, but please let us know if we missed anything.

Endroren
April 27th, 2022, 18:28
Should a theme extension have been installed to create the look and feel shown in the screenshots? I'm not seeing one.

To clarify - I get the dice, cap, and the upper right corner widget on the background as well as the Fallout overlay, but I don't get any of the thematic elements and there isn't a Fallout theme available to select when creating a new Fallout ruleset game.

Trenloe
April 27th, 2022, 18:32
Should a theme extension have been installed to create the look and feel shown in the screenshots? I'm not seeing one.
It's the default look of the ruleset, it isn't in a theme extension - load a campaign for the ruleset and you'll see the layout as shown in the screenshot.

ddavison
April 27th, 2022, 19:19

To clarify - I get the dice, cap, and the upper right corner widget on the background as well as the Fallout overlay, but I don't get any of the thematic elements and there isn't a Fallout theme available to select when creating a new Fallout ruleset game.

Make sure you aren't loading the fan-made version of Fallout instead of the official one. See if you have multiple ruelsets in your list. Our Ruleset name is just called Fallout.

It should look like this at load:

Endroren
April 27th, 2022, 21:46
It's the default look of the ruleset, it isn't in a theme extension - load a campaign for the ruleset and you'll see the layout as shown in the screenshot.

The problem is that I regularly select a theme. In this case I had to NOT select a theme. By choosing no theme, I automatically got the default one. Looks great BTW.

Egheal
April 28th, 2022, 07:33
In story tab, With a Bang Or a Whimper, 00.00 "Introduciton" must be "Introduction".
In the Combat Tracker there is no pop-up name for the icon (a fist I think) between the "Targets" icon and the "offense" icon.
Awesome ruleset btw, thanks SmiteWorks.

superteddy57
April 28th, 2022, 08:04
In story tab, With a Bang Or a Whimper, 00.00 "Introduciton" must be "Introduction".
In the Combat Tracker there is no pop-up name for the icon (a fist I think) between the "Targets" icon and the "offense" icon.
Awesome ruleset btw, thanks SmiteWorks.

Thank you for the report. I'll add it to my list.

Jonin
April 29th, 2022, 01:12
Nice to see this come to Fantasy Grounds. Looking forward to checking it out.

esmdev
April 30th, 2022, 23:31
Picked up the ruleset this morning, it looks great!

Not sure if this is a bug or for expansion or what, but in the modules window it lists Pregenerated Characters, and there is what looks to be a character, but it isn't really there.

superteddy57
April 30th, 2022, 23:44
Can you show me an image of what you are seeing?

esmdev
May 1st, 2022, 00:42
Can you show me an image of what you are seeing?

This is what I see.

superteddy57
May 1st, 2022, 00:44
Ah, might be a mistake on my export and might have tested something with the character sheet. There are no pregens provided in the book. I will add this to my list to get removed.

Karandus
May 3rd, 2022, 06:57
Perks in the character creator are greyed out based on SPECIAL attributes, but not on level. For instance, Intense Training and Life Giver show as available to take even though a level 1 character doesnt meet the level requirements.

JohnD
May 3rd, 2022, 07:22
Perks in the character creator are greyed out based on SPECIAL attributes, but not on level. For instance, Intense Training and Life Giver show as available to take even though a level 1 character doesnt meet the level requirements.

That was discussed in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBcP3FrZV-A - I think they're still figuring out how to implement it.

superteddy57
May 3rd, 2022, 07:34

As JohnD mentioned it is currently intended to do so at the moment till a better solution than parsing the requirement text for the information. It's slated for a fix in the first expansion of the codebase.

Shogar
May 4th, 2022, 13:56
Just a note: When trying to add dogmeat from the perk it adds a bloodbug, no listing for dogmeat

Shogar
May 4th, 2022, 14:16
I noticed that when I equip a piece of armor (go from carried to equip) it lists the value on the combat tab, but hides it on the inventory tab. This also goes for weapons (but not ammo).

**Nevermind, my mistake.. Just found out that it moves it to the combat tab and can be toggled off and goes back to inventory.. Much diff than 5e.

esmdev
May 4th, 2022, 16:15
Just a note: When trying to add dogmeat from the perk it adds a bloodbug, no listing for dogmeat

Hi, this should be fixed with yesterday's patch.

Herzog Igzorn
May 5th, 2022, 06:13
When we built characters yesterday, we noticed some weird shenanigans going on:
- as a GM I could one time see the same creation menu as my players, on next try i just got the normal character sheet, while the players were still in build mode.
-when the players wanted to increase an already tagged skill, it decreased by one rather than increasing.

We could not really reproduce these issues, they seemed to be quite random.
I consider reinstalling everything and then giving a try again

Chewie81
May 5th, 2022, 08:58
Found a bug when applying MODs to the Hunting Rifle. With the .50 cal receiver fitted, when attempting to apply any other mod with the exception of a barrel mod the Damage is reset back to base values (6 Damage) instead of its improved value of 8 Damage

superteddy57
May 5th, 2022, 11:52
- as a GM I could one time see the same creation menu as my players, on next try i just got the normal character sheet, while the players were still in build mode.
-when the players wanted to increase an already tagged skill, it decreased by one rather than increasing.

I am unfortunately unable to replicate this issue with the information you provided. Can you get me exact steps and conditions this happened?

Found a bug when applying MODs to the Hunting Rifle. With the .50 cal receiver fitted, when attempting to apply any other mod with the exception of a barrel mod the Damage is reset back to base values (6 Damage) instead of its improved value of 8 Damage

Thanks for the report. I was able to locate the issue and also noticed the ammo wasn't changing with the receiver. This will be updated with the next weekly update.

esmdev
May 5th, 2022, 17:40

Out of curiosity are you running any extensions or themes?

dhlmaster
May 6th, 2022, 12:51
I noticed the Mercenary equipment package gives you a pipe pistol and some .38 ammo, but those items are not listed as part of that package in the book.

superteddy57
May 6th, 2022, 19:05
I noticed the Mercenary equipment package gives you a pipe pistol and some .38 ammo, but those items are not listed as part of that package in the book.

Thanks for the report. I was able to verify this and will have it pushed with the weekly update.

Zariel
May 8th, 2022, 13:42
I noticed that when I equip a piece of armor (go from carried to equip) it lists the value on the combat tab, but hides it on the inventory tab. This also goes for weapons (but not ammo).

**Nevermind, my mistake.. Just found out that it moves it to the combat tab and can be toggled off and goes back to inventory.. Much diff than 5e.

I think there's a probleme because if you have in your inventory, 2 brotherhood of steel uniform (for example) and you want to equip the armor, the 2 stack of armor will be moved to the combat tab and disappear from the inventory.

The total weight carried is still calculated for the 2 armor, but a player can't see he have 2 same type armor in is inventory...

superteddy57
May 8th, 2022, 18:16
You would have to rename the armor to separate them. It is something I am looking to solve, but currently have no solution for at this time.

ProfDogg
May 10th, 2022, 22:10
Out of curiosity are you running any extensions or themes?

I noticed this in a Pathfinder 2e game the other day... When the player and the GM are in the same character sheet, there's some odd delay on changing values.

Zariel
May 11th, 2022, 18:06
You would have to rename the armor to separate them. It is something I am looking to solve, but currently have no solution for at this time.

Okay, Thx ;)

jrock1
May 20th, 2022, 02:15
When using explosives such as molotov ****tails and baseball grenades the interface does not track ammo as it does for other weapons (e.g. small guns, big guns etc.) Once you equip the explosives such as molotov ****tails, it does not display the ammo count. Would this be considered a feature request or bug?

superteddy57
May 20th, 2022, 04:53
If explosives have an ammunition field on the record, you can set it to the name of the item in question and it will decrement the count. If it's not visible, then it's not set up to track ammunition.

JohnD
May 20th, 2022, 05:54
When using explosives such as molotov ****tails and baseball grenades the interface does not track ammo as it does for other weapons (e.g. small guns, big guns etc.) Once you equip the explosives such as molotov ****tails, it does not display the ammo count. Would this be considered a feature request or bug?

I guess you have to call them molotov roostertails.

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 15:35
So when you click on an item in your inventory to either carry, equip or such, the item disappears. Some weight calcuation remains however as I still had some weight although as I clicked through all the gear it all disappeared... 52890

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 17:17
If it's a weapon or apparel it goes to the weaponlist or armor list on the combat tab

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 17:28
If it's a weapon or apparel it goes to the weaponlist or armor list on the combat tab

I saw that... But then you can't "retrieve" them from the combat tab. And items like holotags and bobby-pins and clothing and such just disappear...

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 17:33
Ah... I just figured out how the armor and weapons can be "retrieved". Still has the issue with the other categories though...

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 17:33
Other item types should remain visible on the inventory tab. I just tested with a Bobby pin and it only has two states, not carried and carried. It should not have an equipped option. When I cycled through it didn't disappear through the testing. Do you have any extensions enabled? If not, then can you provide me with exact steps from item creation on the inventory tab to when it disappears?

ProfDogg
May 22nd, 2022, 18:13
Other item types should remain visible on the inventory tab. I just tested with a Bobby pin and it only has two states, not carried and carried. It should not have an equipped option. When I cycled through it didn't disappear through the testing. Do you have any extensions enabled? If not, then can you provide me with exact steps from item creation on the inventory tab to when it disappears?

Well, I went through and tried to replicate and it didn't disappear this time... I had previously dragged the Scribe kit onto a Brotherhood PC. Then went through and equipped everything and then it all started disappearing. I did find Armor and Weapons on it (and then later found Clothing on a different PC I tried it on so I suspect it was the same issue as Armor where I didn't know where it was "hiding"). But now I cannot make the holotags disappear again... Not sure what happened the first time... No extensions btw... Plain vanilla ruleset... So I'll keep an eye out for it again and if it does replicate I'll slow down and record it better... Apologies for the early (and possibly unneccessary) alarm...

superteddy57
May 22nd, 2022, 19:09
No worries, the disappearing act is a bit new with cleaning up the inventory a bit. I'd prefer to check it out if you think something is amiss and happy to investigate.

Karandus
May 23rd, 2022, 01:57
Mysterious Stranger link in the Mysterious Stranger perk links to a bloodbug as well.

superteddy57
May 23rd, 2022, 06:58
Mysterious Stranger link in the Mysterious Stranger perk links to a bloodbug as well.

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look at getting that linked properly.

LordClaus
May 25th, 2022, 03:10
As GM: while on the "party sheet" (just opened), click "XP": (worked fine went right to info), Click "Order": (worked fine went right to info), Click "XP" and 52931.

The Avatar tokens remain on all the different windows of all tabs on the "Party Sheet" window.

superteddy57
May 25th, 2022, 17:04
Can you package up and provide a copy of the campaign that this is appearing?

MOD: merged with Bug Report thread

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 12:17
Can you package up and provide a copy of the campaign that this is appearing?

I zipped it up but was still 20.6 Mb and too large to send as FG only allows 9.5 as attachments.

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 13:30
I zipped it up but was still 20.6 Mb and too large to send as FG only allows 9.5 as attachments.

Okay so it helps to read all the way to the bottom of the post where it said that thing about large files... so I got it done,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZQt6KQ8EIZwR2o-AFMFlv7k__76URpAd/view?usp=sharing

superteddy57
May 26th, 2022, 13:48
Thanks, I opened the campaign and checked the database and saw that you were using the order image control. That may have been the cause of the issue. I'm unable to replicate the issue you have reported, but did some further code to shore up that area of the ruleset. One suggestion would be not to use the image on the order tab as that control has been having issues with many rulesets. A solution for that feature is still being considered.

LordClaus
May 26th, 2022, 14:02
Whatever shoring up you did may have done the trick as it did not do it when I reopened the campaign.
Thank you for your help and quick responses.
Claus

LordClaus
June 4th, 2022, 13:52
I was running scenarios with my son the other night and he was unable to target his foes, either on the battle map or the Combat Tracker. When he targeted one foe all foes were targeted.

Regards,
Claus

superteddy57
June 4th, 2022, 15:59
I wouldn't know what might cause that issue. I would have to see the combatants in question and how they got to the combat tracker. Could you zip up your campaign and make it available for me to look at it?

Tyr
June 16th, 2022, 23:17
When my players load Fallout the dice obscure the action points caps. How can we turn this off.
By the way, it is fine on my screen (as GM).

superteddy57
June 16th, 2022, 23:29
The frame should be moveable by right clicking on that section and unlocking it. It will be then able to be moved where they wish it to sit. Then they can re lock the frame to it's new location.

EDIT: I'll look into getting the Action Point Pools in line with the modifier box with a new update. As the rulesets are currently locked down, it may be some time till this is available.

LordClaus
June 17th, 2022, 01:06

Henry Ford said: "Whether you think you can, or think you can't -- you're right." Doing a fantastic job superteddy57! Oh one more thing, if you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Tyr
June 17th, 2022, 01:36
The frame should be moveable by right clicking on that section and unlocking it. It will be then able to be moved where they wish it to sit. Then they can re lock the frame to it's new location.

EDIT: I'll look into getting the Action Point Pools in line with the modifier box with a new update. As the rulesets are currently locked down, it may be some time till this is available.

the dice don't move with the chat box. The dice just stay there overlaying the AP's.

superteddy57
June 17th, 2022, 02:08
That is correct the dice won't move. The modifier box and the vault tec mascot are part of one frame. You can move that. I got word the ruleset is not in lock down and will be working on lining them up together. Keep an eye out for a hotfix.

superteddy57
June 17th, 2022, 11:31
Pushed hotfix for recent reported issues.

Mu77ley
June 17th, 2022, 18:00
Pushed hotfix for recent reported issues.

ReRoll box works a treat now, thanks. :)

Valyar
July 2nd, 2022, 19:08
Two things:
Traits are not added to PC during character creation.
There is clipping of interface elements in Combat section - windowlist overflow and the scrollbar

Valyar
July 3rd, 2022, 07:28
Two more things we noticed during the ruleset exploration:
1. When we drag & drop the heal value from chat to CT, the graphics breaks. Screenshot attached.

2. I am not sure if this is bug, but there is inconsistency in the hit location on successful attacks. Some attacks miss hit location altogether. Screenshot attached. Even when I click a hit location in the pip-boy before a roll, it is not always reported.

3. When a dice is reroll from skill test, the reroll report does not include the original Difficulty.

Valyar
July 3rd, 2022, 08:58
After some flamethrower fight with mirelurks and raiders we figured out that PERSISTENT effect does not work on PC, NPC and simplified NPCs. No idea how to make it work, i spend some time manually testing various combinations to no avail. Screenshot attached

Valyar
July 19th, 2022, 05:53
Two things:
1. The default size/reach options for PC/NPC are missing from the CT and GM cannot adjust properly the token size to get distance measured when a grid is used instead of abstract zones. It is something that a user reported in discord as well. I believe having the CoreRPG available at least in CT will help a lot.

2. Another alignment issue in CT, screenshot attached.

superteddy57
July 19th, 2022, 18:56
Added Space/Reach feature into the CT. The other reports I will need more time to investigate.

Shinmuriel
July 26th, 2022, 00:18
Some of the charts are not updated to the latest version of the Fallout 4 Core Rules, as per the official errata found HERE (https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg_download). There may be other updates that are being missed in your FGU plugin but checking them is past my pay grade. The chart I noticed was the ranged weapon which is missing numbers 10 and 19 and an entire line of information. I just assume the rest of the information in the errata may be missing.

superteddy57
July 26th, 2022, 06:54
Some of the charts are not updated to the latest version of the Fallout 4 Core Rules, as per the official errata found HERE (https://www.modiphius.net/pages/falloutrpg_download). There may be other updates that are being missed in your FGU plugin but checking them is past my pay grade. The chart I noticed was the ranged weapon which is missing numbers 10 and 19 and an entire line of information. I just assume the rest of the information in the errata may be missing.

The ruleset was updated when the errata was released. What chart are you referring to? When reporting issues, it is best to provide images to show the issue, if you can, or provide exact steps to reproduce the issue. In this case steps to locate the chart you are referring to in your post.

RRFG
July 26th, 2022, 11:09
53734 53735 53736 53737 53738

RRFG
July 26th, 2022, 11:10
53739 53740 53741

superteddy57
July 26th, 2022, 11:14
Thanks, I'll have a look

RRFG
July 27th, 2022, 00:02
Great job getting those fixes out. It was very late when I posted, so I didn't have time to go through the entire errata. I did so this afternoon and found two more things to fix. The good thing is that these are the final mistakes listed on the current 6 April 2022 official errata. After this everything should be right as rain. Well, that is, until another errata is released. It is nearly a 400 page tome after all.

53751 53752 53753 53754

superteddy57
July 27th, 2022, 14:30
I appreciate it. I received the errata very late into development. I am happy to fix the mistakes.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 02:55
Howdy,
For some reason, the level is no longer showing for the characters sheets. Any idea what I did wrong?

superteddy57
August 10th, 2022, 04:03
That is a bug. Thanks for reporting. Looks like during my clean up for the last update I removed that portion of code by mistake.

Shinmuriel
August 10th, 2022, 16:44
When I add a modifier for Eng (Energy) to the character sheet editor it's not showing up under the damage reduction.

superteddy57
August 10th, 2022, 17:06
Thanks for the report. I was able to locate the issue.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 23:21
Howdy Superteddy57,
Is there anyway to manually set what the Max Encumbrance is? For our Mr. Handy, the system seems to be calculating in Str. for his Max Enc despite it should be a static 150 lbs. It would also be helpful for certain Perks too that modify enc.
Unless all of that is supposed to be calculated in which it might be a bug.

Tyr
August 10th, 2022, 23:21
Howdy Superteddy57,
Is there anyway to manually set what the Max Encumbrance is? For our Mr. Handy, the system seems to be calculating in Str. for his Max Enc despite it should be a static 150 lbs. It would also be helpful for certain Perks too that modify enc.
Unless all of that is supposed to be calculated in which it might be a bug.

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:18
Also, since I am being such a chatty Cathy, I also notice that the AP and Fallout Guy feature tends to roam when I Launch the game.
The first screenshot below is when I close my FG and the second is when I re-open it. It tends to jump up under the chat box. Thought maybe I hadn't locked it down, but I've tried a few times and same thing. Not a major issue and easily fixed on my part, but wanted to throw it out there.

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:55
This is just a recommendation.
Is there anyway of tagging what level a perk was taken so the Player knows when they can take it again? Maybe a box for how many ranks and then a box for next level that perk is available to take again?

Tyr
August 11th, 2022, 00:56
Doesn't need to be automated, just something the Learner can tag themselves showing the next level they can choose the same Perk.

superteddy57
August 11th, 2022, 03:25
The player can unlock the record and make a note of when it was acquired and even notate when the next eligible level. The encumbrance is in it's most basic and at the moment I didn't add in an override. Two things I have added to the list of things to look at when I circle back for expandion.

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 12:42
I purchased this weekend and keep getting these errors when I load.

superteddy57
August 16th, 2022, 13:29
I attempted to replicate with a fresh brand new campaign and it's not producing those errors.

ddavison
August 16th, 2022, 13:57
I purchased this weekend and keep getting these errors when I load.

Do you have any extensions or themes loaded?

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 14:53
I have tried it with and without and get the same errors.

brentimain
August 16th, 2022, 14:55
I reported to smiteworks and they told me to talk with you.

superteddy57
August 16th, 2022, 15:19
I would suggest trying to delete the ruleset from your vault folder and running another update to download a fresh copy of the ruleset. You can navigate to your FG root folder by clicking on the folder icon on the dashboard. Then deleting the contents of your vault folder and running the update to do a new download of those files.